Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Guide to Apogee (Green) Destinations

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
There are five new destinations and six new collections that can only be obtained by coming in first in an Apogee (Green) launch.
FullSizeRender (15).jpg

Besides the normal Master of the Universe Chest:
FullSizeRender (13).jpg

You also get the Interstellar Set:
FullSizeRender (14).jpg

When you open the Set you get a random map:
FullSizeRender (17).jpg

In this case, it's a map to Edmonton:
FullSizeRender (16).jpg

Here are the collections you need to obtain:
1. Spacewalk
FullSizeRender (6).jpg

These tool-themed items are dropped (very seldom) from flights to Novosibirsk:
Hydraulic Glove
Extravehicular Activity Hammer
Crimping Pliers
Pistol Grip Tool
Cordless Power Tool​
Complete the collection and earn a Safety Tether

2. Test Pilot

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

These pilot attire-themed items are dropped (very seldom) from flights to Bangalore:
Flight Jacket
Peaked Cap
Flight Trousers
Aviator Sunglasses
Pilot's Watch​
Complete the collection and earn Life Insurance

3. Space Medicine

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

These medical-themed items are dropped (very seldom) from flights to Edmonton:
Radiation Detector
X-Ray Spectrometer
Heart Pacemaker
Speech-Generating Device
Muscle Stimulator Device​
Complete the collection and earn an Astronaut First Aid Kit

4. Astrochemistry

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

These chemistry-themed items are dropped (very seldom) from flights to Perth:
Single-Channel Pipette
Spatula
Laboratory Thermometer
Tube Rotator
Test Tube​
Complete the collection and earn a Bubble Chamber

5. The Wonders of Physics

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

These physics-themed items are dropped (very seldom) from flights to Berkeley:
Newton's Bucket
Kelvin Water Dropper
Foucalt Pendulum
Relic Radiation Detector
Pitch Drop Jar​
Complete the collection and earn a Gravitational Lens
Continued ...

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
6. The Theory of Everything
FullSizeRender (12).jpg

These items are earned from the first five collections:
Safety Tether
Life Insurance
Astronaut First Aid Kit
Bubble Chamber
Gravitational Lens​
Complete the collection and earn a Quantum Leap!
Complete the collection three times and earn an Abandoned Spaceport!
FullSizeRender (11).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

According to @M22, the flights require Turboprops and Landing Lamps, with 92 flights for three stars

According to @simonheid, "Flights need Turboprop, take 2:40h while map is valid 3h, 17 fuel and Landing Lamps needed (Facebook)

Last edited:
That info is a bit old, since flying all these maps it's just landing lamps needed, at least on Android. 92 flights per map so I figure 4 maps per destination a minimum of 20 firsts in green launches. Shame the prize is a bit useless but at least the stars are obtainable unlike alliances. I have enough landing lamps now thanks to @flip123

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I've put this quest on the back burner to get the remaining Falcon destination stars, but I continue to launch Apogee to collect the maps.
So far I have 8/10/13/9/4. Perth is the most difficult to get, for me at least. But I persist.
Cheers,
Tom

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
I've put this quest on the back burner to get the remaining Falcon destination stars, but I continue to launch Apogee to collect the maps.
So far I have 8/10/13/9/4. Perth is the most difficult to get, for me at least. But I persist.
Cheers,
Tom
Tom what are your thoughts on the amount of maps needed. I haven't started yet and have just been collecting the maps like you.
@M22 says 4 is enough?:);):D(y)

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
with proper mystery super bonus and lot of fuel and other supplies (repair items and flying items) 1 map would be enough for 3 stars. I tried flying Edmonton map and drop rates are not that good (maybe I was unlucky).

with proper mystery super bonus and lot of fuel and other supplies (repair items and flying items) 1 map would be enough for 3 stars. I tried flying Edmonton map and drop rates are not that good (maybe I was unlucky).
Good point, using the super bonus to triple map times one or two maps would do it with minimum extra fuel usage needed. As for drops, yeah they're tricky, I think I went golden dice and sky captain like red maps but wasn't bothered about it, think I got five space ports.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
When I go for this quest, I'll begin with the destination that has the most maps. Once that destination is complete and I see how many drops I get with bonuses, I'll try the next destination ... and so on. In the meantime, I will continue with Apogee launches.
The biggest challenge will be selling all of my regular Falcons, Giants and Jumbo planes for Turboprops. I'll put my S1 and S2 planes in the Reserve Hangar. My strategy has always been to fly as many planes as possible when using maps.
Cheers,
Tom

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
When I go for this quest, I'll begin with the destination that has the most maps. Once that destination is complete and I see how many drops I get with bonuses, I'll try the next destination ... and so on. In the meantime, I will continue with Apogee launches.
The biggest challenge will be selling all of my regular Falcons, Giants and Jumbo planes for Turboprops. I'll put my S1 and S2 planes in the Reserve Hangar. My strategy has always been to fly as many planes as possible when using maps.
Cheers,
Tom
You can have plane's equivalent to amount of runway's as I have 6 runway's, I use 6 plane's of same type while using map's. You won't have to sell plane, Just move 6 plane's to Reserve Hangar. (y)

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
You can have plane's equivalent to amount of runway's as I have 6 runway's, I use 6 plane's of same type while using map's. You won't have to sell plane, Just move 6 plane's to Reserve Hangar. (y)
I understand what you're saying, but if I can have twelve or more planes flying for a quest rather than six, my odds of getting drops are better. And since Turboprop planes are relatively cheap and use relatively little fuel and passengers, it makes sense to get as many as you can.
And if I work it so I also have Turboprops in the six small "event" hangars, I can fly 18 at once.
Cheers,
Tom

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
My tip is wait, I don't like to sell my fleet when the game tells me. Sometimes quests dictate thought and I have to. You need almost 500 landing lamps which will take some time to get for this challenge, although I am nearly there. So plenty of time. Do it when you are ready
If you do take the plunge I would be interested to see how you get on with 6 turbos and your strategy :);):D(y)
@Theo1977

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
Bump - did not start this yet...I think I will wait until the next quest (Ivan said something about a "Walk in the Clouds" which is completely new) completes, then start. Was going to do it as soon as the long-awaited mail quest completed, but I figured that the walk in the clouds may require specific planes, so before I sell all my Giants, I don't want to get into a new quest without at least knowing if they'll be handy...

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Maybe other strategy is needed if you have airport full of "larger" planes. I would try with only one turboprop (regular one becouse it can be repaired with repair item) - for one flight you need landing lamp, 51 fuel - (17 for take off, 34 for instant return), and 37 passengers. I think that in 3 hours you can do easily 100 instant flights (total expences 5100 fuel and 3700 passengers). With all bonuses active, my assumption is that around 150 flights to one destination can give you all 18 collections needed for 6 abandoned airports. Total resource amount would then be around 7600 fuel, 5100 passengers and 150 lamps all multiply with 5 destinations).

Top Bottom