Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Age of Ash

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
I have seen no difference either, i have use 6 golden dice across my games and only one drop. Hopefully Los Angeles drop works and unlocks something?

Nope - zero difference on CWC following update but keep an eye on the fuel requirements for flights to the new volcano locations - now up to +10% fuel for each flight!!!
My Volcano is also growing

I noticed the increased fuel rate as well. I guess there is widespread price gouging at the pump in airport city!! :D:ROFLMAO::wideyed:

That cold war collection is quite absurd. It is nice to see a few people have gotten a drop or two.
Seems that really should not take hundreds of flights, guess that is why my paltry 180 flights have
given nothing. I have had a decent uptick in pretty much everything else using just SG and GD, though
it seems they had no effect on the cold war. My guess they really don't want any or very few players to get
that jumbo ranger. I mean it would be easy enough to tighten up the collections to ensure the event is difficult
to finish without making one entire collection seem impossible.

What really sucks is that I can't even get pieces for the Gates of Hell collection. How many chainsaws do I burn before I give up on this event?

I burn around 30 chainsaws a day. I use Spyglass and Golden Dice.

I am not sure that these help with Gates of Hell although I have completed 2 collections and need two more items for a third.
However Spyglass really helps with drops of Jackhammers from Volcanic Institutes. (I have 29 in stock)
I have completed one They're Not Rocks collection
I have just two Cold War items despite 50 flights to Bali, 10 to LA, 27 to Seattle, 18 to Bogota, and 30 to Anchorage. (145 flights so far this week !)
I have got to the 18th of the 25 Sidebar tasks, which is to get a Cold War item from Anchorage. Maybe things will improve once I have finished that task ?

Still, there are still 12 days left so hope springs eternal :)

Regards
Harcourt

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
I updated to the latest last night.

The drops became worse even when using golden dice bonus. I was actually laughing. It must be a sign of no enthusiasm for this quest when I don't feel any irritation. :p

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
I have updated last night. This morning, with spyglass and sky captain bonuses, I have gotten 120 chainsaws from neighbors. In other words, ALL neighbors (I have the Friend in Need bonus activated since Monday that I started the quest) gave me all possible items. Not bad.

Then completed the Gates of Hell collection with almost 140 chainsaws available to spare. I also have used the same bonuses sending swarms of flights to Mauna Loa and built four institutes. At least 2 jackhammers every 20 minutes. The volcano drops haven't been very good, but when the bonuses were activated, I have received some drops, having a total of 14 rocks so far (but not yet a complete collection).

I am at the point where I am trying to get the CW collection started, flying to LA. I will accumulate fuel and passengers ands ee tomorrow with the bonuses if something drops.
The quest appears to be progressively difficult. However, if you have completed at least a few institutes and have completed the gates of hell, it only focuses on the CW collection, which doesn't require anything special, just flights to regular destinations! So it's a matter of patience and strategic use of your bonuses/resources. Personally I don't care anymore about particulate filters and chainsaws as I don't need them to complete the quest. I am focused on the Volcano (which you tab every hour) and my institutes drop at least four jackhammers within that hour so even the volcanic flights are not necessary.

So be patient. If there is no bug in the cold war drops, then the event will progress accordingly. I have only sent three jets to LA just now, without any bonus activated, but I only just now got the assignment to bring the nitrogen cylinder back from LA.

I also assume that the new plane will be available after the quest if you collect the CW collection 10 times.

And recall that three-starring the flights should be an over and above achievement, in other words, go to complete the event and don't think stars.

I burn around 30 chainsaws a day. I use Spyglass and Golden Dice.

I am not sure that these help with Gates of Hell although I have completed 2 collections and need two more items for a third.
However Spyglass really helps with drops of Jackhammers from Volcanic Institutes. (I have 29 in stock)
I have completed one They're Not Rocks collection
I have just two Cold War items despite 50 flights to Bali, 10 to LA, 27 to Seattle, 18 to Bogota, and 30 to Anchorage. (145 flights so far this week !)
I have got to the 18th of the 25 Sidebar tasks, which is to get a Cold War item from Anchorage. Maybe things will improve once I have finished that task ?

Still, there are still 12 days left so hope springs eternal :)

Regards
Harcourt
I can't even progress on the side quests because I can't get the Gates of Hell collection. :(

Top Bottom