Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

AC news bulletin 03.02.2021

If there is a special discount for police station do you change your mind ;)
No. Not even if it was a 70% discount. I can play strategically to get tokens. But I don’t have CBMs, so I can’t play to get greenies. At least not the amount of greenies needed to get those buildings.
I still buy some greenies, once in a while, but I would never spend them on overpriced non essencial buildings.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
That sure depends on the quantity of that discount... -10% or even -33% wouldn't make any real difference for me, it would be still very expensive.
I don't really understand the purpose of this change, that amount of tokens was anyway enough difficult to get. Now with their availability with Airport Cash only (and ridicously overpriced) it will totally lose its charm to get those buildings.
@Ur-quan, why not leave the possibility of getting all the autocollect buildings with tokens as before but maybe at a somewhat increased price?
Purpose of the change? It's quite simple. It's all about the diñero...moolah....dough...stacks....greens....universal lubricant...root of all evil...however you call it....cold hard cash!
Im sure part of the motivation may have to do with the hard economic times with the raging pandemic, but over the past year, the focus has shifted towards beefing up the bottom line.

The issue with this move, however, is that even though it has become more "accessible" to players who werent a part of alliances, it has actually backfired and become less accessible to newer players and left only for the CBM owners to grab up for themselves due to the significantly high prices, but the vets already grabbed what they needed from the autocollect shop ages ago, so there is no need for them to even go after them. What that leaves are the newer players who pay to play, and will shell out cash to get the buildings regardless of cost. They will be the ones driving the profits, and there are plenty more out there than you realize; it's a scary world outside of the forum 😱

G! really should have kept both options, because even if the wise players would use tokens to pay, I believe a lot of players out there would be too impatient to put in the work and would just pay greenies for it. Smart players would be happy; "Pay to play"ers would be happy, and G! would profit. Wins all around.

LimSky

1200+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
Lim
Purpose of the change? It's quite simple. It's all about the diñero...moolah....dough...stacks....greens....universal lubricant...root of all evil...however you call it....cold hard cash!
Im sure part of the motivation may have to do with the hard economic times with the raging pandemic, but over the past year, the focus has shifted towards beefing up the bottom line.
While I'm really trying to understand the "hard economic times" as well as and "revenues for developers" part, G!'s moves since August last year are shameless in this regard. I play also other games and while they also have introduced new offers, theirs are mostly 1) attractive and 2) affordable. This is neither the one nor the latter, just as they would say "we give you the same buildings, but now we want you to pay way more for them". Many of us complain about the significant discrepancy between newer players and those who are around much longer and it looks like they wanted to make the life for newbies (me included) harder with every such move. If I see a couple more such "new ideas", probably they will see me go, because I'm not a millionaire.
I'm just afraid that the to-be-announced changes to the alliance system make the personal purposes in this game yet more unachievable. Be wary if you complain about cheaters - they will probably not block them or whatever, only they will make a new system that won't be playable to most. Not that I would stand for cheaters, because one time it affected me painfully in a personal way, but apparently G! can't cope with adequate coding solutions and their only way is to devise completely new ways (but far from what we would like, more levels, new space missions, new planes etc. etc.) and make us to pay tons of gold for their "work".

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
While I'm really trying to understand the "hard economic times" as well as and "revenues for developers" part, G!'s moves since August last year are shameless in this regard. I play also other games and while they also have introduced new offers, theirs are mostly 1) attractive and 2) affordable. This is neither the one nor the latter, just as they would say "we give you the same buildings, but now we want you to pay way more for them". Many of us complain about the significant discrepancy between newer players and those who are around much longer and it looks like they wanted to make the life for newbies (me included) harder with every such move. If I see a couple more such "new ideas", probably they will see me go, because I'm not a millionaire.
I'm just afraid that the to-be-announced changes to the alliance system make the personal purposes in this game yet more unachievable. Be wary if you complain about cheaters - they will probably not block them or whatever, only they will make a new system that won't be playable to most. Not that I would stand for cheaters, because one time it affected me painfully in a personal way, but apparently G! can't cope with adequate coding solutions and their only way is to devise completely new ways (but far from what we would like, more levels, new space missions, new planes etc. etc.) and make us to pay tons of gold for their "work".

I won't be surprised if the new alliance system, will include 1 greenie for every flight, or a new alliance required building that will yield 1 coin a day, and will cost 500 greenies or something like that.
Oh... and alliance will available starting lvl 1, so everyone will be able to pay... :D

LimSky

1200+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
Lim
I won't be surprised if the new alliance system, will include 1 greenie for every flight, or a new alliance required building that will yield 1 coin a day, and will cost 500 greenies or something like that.
Oh... and alliance will available starting lvl 1, so everyone will be able to pay... :D
Guess what, I thought about the same, the need to pay greens to be able to send a flight... Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Yes I agree about the concern about these upcoming changes. I have no issue with paying for features...I find myself buying the premium pass because you really do get a lot of nice perks for $5...but that is the perfect example of a reasonable price. I always thought the cost of the autocollect are on the pricy side, but at least one could put in the work and eventually get there. It's certainly something I would keep my eye on in the future, as I already spent hundreds of dollars on this game throughout the years (especially when they had the super mystery building sale). Those days are done, so if there is a fee, it better be reasonable, else it will have to miss me.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Has anyone experimented with obtaining a ton of event currency with flights and whatnot and completing all the tasks but not collecting any of the rewards until the last day thus not joining a competition group until the last day to make finishing high in your group easier?
That's my go-to tactic. However, it doesnt always work in my favor. It does ease the pressure though, and allows you to play at your own pace without feeling like a target

Has anyone experimented with obtaining a ton of event currency with flights and whatnot and completing all the tasks but not collecting any of the rewards until the last day thus not joining a competition group until the last day to make finishing high in your group easier?

1613169012388.png

Already many are doing so :) You might have worse luck than collecting from the very beginning...

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Dj schiphol
Username
Dj schiphol
Hello, pilots! News here.

🔵Thank you for the feedback on new flights window(y). Our designers have studied it and preparing fixing and improvements in the upcoming updates (adding items quantity display, resizing the UI on windows platform, etc.)

8.10 update release is planned for this week.

🟢Hello spring! We missed you! Snow will melt.

🟢Economy changes: As you've noticed we've decided to lower the maximum cost for high lvl land expansions.

🟢And ow we're working on making auto-click buildings more accessible:
Bank Branch, Visa Center, Pawn Shop, Collection Agency, Police Station, Logistical Center, Tax Service, Ministry of Truth and Design Center will be no longer requiring alliance lvl and will be available in the regular shop.
Player level requirements are also lowered:
Cost beforeCost afterplayer Lvl requirement after
Bank Branch​
400 Silver tokens, 20 gold tokens50 airport cash10
Visa Center​
400 Silver tokens, 20 gold tokens50 airport cash10
Pawn Shop​
400 Silver tokens, 20 gold tokens70 airport cash20
Collection Agency​
2500 Silver tokens, 150 gold tokens160 airport cash30

Police Station​
2500 Silver tokens, 150 gold tokens160 airport cash30
Logistical Center​
2500 Silver tokens, 150 gold tokens210 airport cash40
Tax Service​
3000 Silver tokens, 250 gold tokens
500 airport cash40
Ministry of Truth​
500 airport cash40
Design Center​
610 airport cash50

Special airship offers are planned.

Passengers contracts costs in airport cash will be lowered as well.

timecost beforecost after
Express Contract
10 Silver tokens / 2 airport cash10 Silver tokens / 2 airport cash
Urgent Contract18040 Silver tokens / 6 airport cash40 Silver tokens / 5 airport cash
Rapid Contract540125 Silver tokens / 18 airport cash125 Silver tokens / 14 airport cash
Standard Contract960250 Silver tokens / 32 airport cash
250 Silver tokens / 24 airport cash
Lengthy Contract1440450 Silver tokens / 48 airport cash450 Silver tokens / 35 airport cash
Long-term Contract
1000 Silver tokens / 96 airport cash1000 Silver tokens / 70
airport cash

P.S: 🔵Next event will be Walk in the clouds
Still 60;greenies for a plot of land

Still 60;greenies for a plot of land
As ur quan said. The reduction is a BLOCK at maximum price. Not a reduction. Your price will continue exactly as before. Look in the wiki and you will see the prices.

One thing I did discover, (I didn’t want to pay the upgrade fee if I wasn’t going to finish the last event) is that once you’ve completed the final level, the option to purchase the upgrade is removed 😫.

Do you mean, after completing last level you are no longer able to purchase Premium class?
It happened also on the previous event: if you delay the purchase until after you reach level 20, then the offer disappears...
so keep an eye and purchase the premium when you’re certain you’ll reach level 20, but still not there...

Top Bottom