Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.7 update

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Hey all,
it has been a very busy month for our team, and I'm happy to announce we're close to releasing 6.7 update — it's coming either tomorrow or next week on all mobile platforms.

The highlights of the update are:
  • The Long-Awaited Mail special event with a new reward
  • The event shop with special mail-related buildings
  • The event ratings for the hardcore pilots
  • Daily deals in the Bank: it's either free stuff or discounts on buildings, chests, and tokens
  • Updated UI: Daily Mission, Guest Planes, Fuel & Passenger Stores, Airship Store, Gaining a new Skill Star, Completing a Collection, Completing an iMessage challenge, Profile Restore, Successfully adding new friends, the Bank & 30% Discount Sale, Auto Collect, and rewards for all the weekly competitive activities like weekly alliance mission and TOP 100 rankings
  • Auto Collect contracts can now be purchased either with silver tokens or Airport Cash (no more contracts that require gold tokens)
  • Alliance Store is now merged into the main Store for the general convenience; you'll still need to build Alliance HQ & Alliance Office to have access to the best goodies, though
  • 6 new Alliance Badges
  • New anti-cheat / counter-exploit measures
Sorry, no fancy screenshots this time!

Cheers,
Ivan.

Merci :D !

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
So are you giving Android/Windows users something similar in time, or compensating that your not allowing them to do the challenge?

As soon as Android and Windows provide developers an option to do custom app icons, and everything else... Yeah, sure, we'll bring them there as well.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Hey all,
it has been a very busy month for our team, and I'm happy to announce we're close to releasing 6.7 update — it's coming either tomorrow or next week on all mobile platforms.

The highlights of the update are:
  • The Long-Awaited Mail special event with a new reward
  • The event shop with special mail-related buildings
  • The event ratings for the hardcore pilots
  • Daily deals in the Bank: it's either free stuff or discounts on buildings, chests, and tokens
  • Updated UI: Daily Mission, Guest Planes, Fuel & Passenger Stores, Airship Store, Gaining a new Skill Star, Completing a Collection, Completing an iMessage challenge, Profile Restore, Successfully adding new friends, the Bank & 30% Discount Sale, Auto Collect, and rewards for all the weekly competitive activities like weekly alliance mission and TOP 100 rankings
  • Auto Collect contracts can now be purchased either with silver tokens or Airport Cash (no more contracts that require gold tokens)
  • Alliance Store is now merged into the main Store for the general convenience; you'll still need to build Alliance HQ & Alliance Office to have access to the best goodies, though
  • 6 new Alliance Badges
  • New anti-cheat / counter-exploit measures
Sorry, no fancy screenshots this time!

Cheers,
Ivan.

I love reading this kind of message !

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
As soon as Android and Windows provide developers an option to do custom app icons, and everything else... Yeah, sure, we'll bring them there as well.
Disingenuous answer. You know full well I was talking about the iMessage challenge.
Android has several tools for similar.

But, I've been changing icons for apps on Android for years. So that's barely an excuse either.

Or, for that matter, is this REALLY a killer feature. Can you show me the feedback that shows that this a) was requested and b) needed by the user base?

Last edited:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Disingenuous answer. You know full well I was talking about the iMessage challenge.

But, I've been changing icons for apps on Android for years. So that's barely an excuse either.

Or, for that matter, is this REALLY a killer feature. Can you show me the feedback that shows that this a) was requested and b) needed by the user base?

None of those might be the killer features by themselves, as many others we've done over the years including the tech features that are specific to Android and Windows, but doing some of them helps us improve the relantionships with those big scary corporations that decide whether your game is going to be featured on the front page of their store in the next hundred years or not. And that is a big thing for all developers.

And, anyway, why do I get the feeling I'm at the court proceeding? The iMessage match-3 game was a fun little thing for our team to do besides fixing hundreds of bugs, I have no regrets about it, and if it will be possible to bring it elsewhere — we'll do that.

How about you pull your head in and cut the aggressive crap. Ivan has absolutely no obligations to come onto this non official forum and provide any info to us at all. That sort of rubbish would put me off ever saying anything.

Last edited:

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
How about you pull your head in and cut the aggressive crap. Ivan has absolutely no obligations to come onto this non official forum and provide any info to us at all. That sort of rubbish would put me off ever saying anything.
Well that saved me a bunch of typing......thanks @Bob69bob :cool:

Oh please. It's not aggressive in the slightest.

And if you asked a question and he deliberately swerved answering it, you'd hall him up over it.

They *do* shaft Android and Windows users in comparison.

Lastly, this forum is a great source of ideas for features. So where was customisable app icons? Nobody was asking for it. So I don't think it's out of order to query why developer time was spent on nice-to-haves rather than essentials.

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
None of those might be the killer features by themselves, as many others we've done over the years including the tech features that are specific to Android and Windows, but doing some of them helps us improve the relantionships with those big scary corporations that decide whether your game is going to be featured on the front page of their store in the next hundred years or not. And that is a big thing for all developers.

And, anyway, why do I get the feeling I'm at the court proceeding? The iMessage match-3 game was a fun little thing for our team to do besides fixing hundreds of bugs, I have no regrets about it, and if it will be possible to bring it elsewhere — we'll do that.

Thank you. Great answer.

Oh please. It's not aggressive in the slightest.

And if you asked a question and he deliberately swerved answering it, you'd hall him up over it.

They *do* shaft Android and Windows users in comparison.

Lastly, this forum is a great source of ideas for features. So where was customisable app icons? Nobody was asking for it. So I don't think it's out of order to query why developer time was spent on nice-to-haves rather than essentials.
Sometimes I feel here not in an (unofficial) forum, created to help AC players to communicate between themselves and to expand the social features of the game, but in an investors meeting where people are looking for ROI and demanding more products against their invested money.

I believe guys no one here is a shareholder in GI :) (correct?) so don't forget - we don't have the power to DEMAND, we can only discuss and propose features to a game we all play (some of us love to play, other play in the free time and third hate it but still play it ;)). Ivan is here completely voluntarily so let's not piss him off and make him disappear either for ages or forever.

And just to avoid be misunderstood: yes, there are quite many bugs in the game (recently) /e.g. alliance task and pax flights/, there are also wrong decisions made and the game became seriously imbalanced /100-item limit for new players, where from gold tokens do come nowadays, silver and gold subscription etc./ but I believe a) in regard of bugs no one is keeping the bugs deliberately, but shit always happens (well, in my business life a world top-10 IT company had to pay huge penalties for their software not functioning properly in a bank - does it sound familiar, eh?) and b) in order to further develop the game there should be constant income flow otherwise they should invent some new type of economy where everyone works for free but receives what they need (ouch, that was the definition of communism, I believe :D:D:D... and it was exactly a Russian guy who tried to apply those ideas in the real life, like a century ago).

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Thanks Ivan,

You mentioned that there is another skill star, so does that mean all destinations will have 4 stars rather than 3?

That's just UI updated here, no new gameplay, no new stars (well, at least now). I know it's a bit boring to call it a feature, but as Airport City runs for many years and has tons of interfaces, many of the older ones lag behind in terms of usability, and we try to bring them up to date one by one.

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
That's just UI updated here, no new gameplay, no new stars (well, at least now). I know it's a bit boring to call it a feature, but as Airport City runs for many years and has tons of interfaces, many of the older ones lag behind in terms of usability, and we try to bring them up to date one by one.
Thanks for all your work, and regular updates, appreciated.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Passive aggressive if you’re into semantics.

This forum has a rather unique feature: a direct line to one of the devs. Treat it with care.
If you need to passive aggressively rant and rave, use the official forum. They can’t run there...
Is facebook the official forum?

Top Bottom