Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows PC - Weekly Trading Thread - November 30th 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wtsa20h
Username
uyetti
Dear Flyers

Is any forum member communicating directly with GI regarding the server issue and the fact that we are unable to access each others gaming sites?

Since GI are not communicating with us, we should be communicating with them. It has now been two weeks. I think its only right and proper we receive some form of compensation for this situation and GI's continued silence in the matter. Compensation of some worth.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins
I agree. I want $1.000.000 and a jar of pickles,

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wq5lgsc
Username
chuck/items I need
@rocky @cward et.al.
The only real way to block someone, knowing from an IT point of view is not to just block their IP address. Perhaps they can go elsewhere using public WIFI, or if they are good at hacking a game, they may hack a neighbors WIFI as well, depending on the strength of the signal and/or the range.
The real key into blocking an individual person or persons, is to find the unique MAC address of the device they are playing on. No matter how far a user goes, changing settings in the BIOS or system, formatting and or uninstalling an operating system, re-installing or upgrading a device; or even making hardware changes, such as replacing drives; the MAC address still remains the same.
This is the only real solution to block someone completely.
If one is really smart in setting up a private wireless network in the home, ask your IP provider how to access your modem and connect via LAN line/hardwired to the modem and go into settings/
As depicted below in the client list, highlighted in bold and red, there is a unique 10 digit number in sets of two with : between them. Just like a fingerprint, this identifies the device.
In the blue highlighted under the wireless type; 2.4 GHZ shown here, the setting MAC ADDRESS CONTROL, (shown in green), this is where one goes in the modem and using a LAN connection as I've mentioned above, one can create what is known as a 'Whitelist' ; those devices allowed on the network. NOTE that in order to set this up properly though, all devices including smartphones, Smart TVs, etc that have capability to connect to WIFI, must be turned on and already connected to the network in order to be placed on that list. Once these settings are in place and the Admin of the modem applies the changes, even if an outside device or newly added device needs to connect, if that MAC address is not on the list of approved devices, it will not connect unless the Admin adds it.
So with that being said, GI in order to block hacks and cheats properly, they need to obtain the MAC address and not just an IP address.
NOTE most modems have a standard IP address you can connect to in your browser such as 193.167.0.1 Not all of these are the same either, and they too have a unique MAC address. Usually the first two sets of numbers, or the first 3 in the IP remain the same. The last number changes according to the number of devices on that network, giving each device it's own IP number, (shown in blue in the client list), indicating here that my laptop beginning with AC in the MAC address, and HP in the other is my printer. These are the only two devices online at the moment
By the way, most who figure out how to log into your modem, the default name of the modem is admin and the default password, is password. So in the Basic setup, do yourselves a favor and change the login password for the modem, as well as set up permissible devices. One can also access the firewall and block inappropriate websites for those underage users, by adding the web address, and or blocking words such as SPONGEBOB; my personal favorite to block.
Hope you found this information very useful.

logo.gif

• Wireless
  • Logout
  • Basic Setup
  • WAN Setup
  • LAN Setup
  • Wireless 2.4 GHz
  • Wireless 5 GHz
  • Firewall
  • MoCA
  • Utilities
WIRELESS 2.4 GHZ
  • BASIC
  • ADVANCED
  • MAC ADDRESS CONTROL
  • WIRELESS CLIENT LIST

Wireless Client List
This page displays the Name, IP address, and MAC address of each computer or other client device connected to your network. Click the Refresh button to update the list.
Wireless Client List
Name IP Mac
DESKTOP-A2TV0NO 192.168.0.2 AC:7B:A1:48:E0:86
HP9C859B 192.168.0.8 9C:B6:54:9C:85:9B
DESKTOP-A2TV0NO 2605:A000:BEC4:2000:1FB:BAC5:14E6:C9E7 AC:7B:A1:48:E0:86
DESKTOP-A2TV0NO 2605:A000:BEC4:2000:AD65:1D92:9186:FE10 AC:7B:A1:48:E0:86
HP9C859B 2605:A000:BEC4:2000:C472:E4CD:24C7:232F 9C:B6:54:9C:85:9B
DESKTOP-A2TV0NO FE80::1FB:BAC5:14E6:C9E7 AC:7B:A1:48:E0:86
HP9C859B FE80::9EB6:54FF:FE9C:859B 9C:B6:54:9C:85:9B
Thanks!

Chuck
It will be interesting to see what happens this week.

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
New Member Spotlight

One of the new features for Rocket J. Squirrel Productions is the member spotlight. During the week, new and current members will be spotlighted to provide a chance to send them neighbor requests, fulfill their / your gift needs and to just familiarize people with each other, who we may, or may not see very often on the forum, but are active players.

Today's member spotlight features @Muhammad Zaid. His game name is PIA. He has been a member of the forum since 10/26/2015. He doesn't post as often as some of the other members, but does pop in now and again to participate in conversation or ask questions. He is currently at level 27, with 18 stars and 5 hearts. He appears to need Powerful Radio Transmitters as a priority.

If you already haven't become neighbors with @Muhammad Zaid, send him a friend request (Friend code: wa17kzc) to be his neighbor, and be sure to let him know you did by tagging, or private messaging him.

Nice to have you on the forum @Muhammad Zaid!!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wa17kzc
Username
PiA
@Ten33go thank you so much for this post...i hope it will help me and my already/new neighbors in AirPort City
as few days back i realized without being in touch on this forum you can't survive much as now everybody wants to rush in levels and buildings & yes, for this you definitely need help from others. LIKE YOU ;)

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
@Robert - Dang, you need to take care of yourself bud. That, and with the previous incident you've had are not good. I hope your recovery is smooth and quick in nature, and that you can avoid that from happening again. Welcome back, and get some rest and recovery time!

As for GI's ability to block the nameless cheater it should be possible, though the person could just make a new account and do the same thing. The identifiers mentioned are mainly for the lan side(local) of your network not the wan side (internet). Indeed IPs are rarely used to block except for some forums as it is an easy hit though not reliable. IP addresses can be easily circumvented using a VPN. This is how people in some countries that restrict internet access actually get on the real internet and not the government approved version. MAC addresses though unique come with their own set of issues and blocking them can inadvertently block multiple users. They also can be spoofed so as to appear to be different than they actually are. What GI would do is block the unique identifier within the game likely the friend code or some variation of said code. If the game did not have a unique identifier within it you could never get your game back from a level 1 reset for example. So yes they can block him easily, he can however come back using a new game and the same cheats he has used in the past.

@Robert - Dang, you need to take care of yourself bud. That, and with the previous incident you've had are not good. I hope your recovery is smooth and quick in nature, and that you can avoid that from happening again. Welcome back, and get some rest and recovery time!
Many thanks @Ten33go.
I will be going slow for a while mind you can't do much else with no space launches or neighbour visits LOL

Good evening gang - how are we today? @Robert - sorry to hear you news, all the best for a speedy recovery - I am up the A1 to Yorkshire tomorrow (I have my passport and flat cap ready) so will wave as I pass!

Well, as I said yesterday, in the interests of my beauty sleep, I needed to miss a night to get my gifting earlier - well it has worked and gifts are out, 4 hours earlier than normal and hopefully I can maintain this time. So beauty sleep tonight and I will be a new man tomorrow! - @uyetti I have seen how it works for you LOL.

Now off to find the joke of the day - so get some tight clothes on ready to hold your sides in!!! Personally I think Anderl is the joke of today, well done GI.

Back soon.

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
Many thanks @Ten33go.
I will be going slow for a while mind you can't do much else with no space launches or neighbour visits LOL

You're very welcome. We'd like to keep you around quite a while longer. *S* And NO MORE pub crawls with @uyetti and @ItsRalphy until you're fully recovered!!!

Cluck

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wjqz51o
Username
Cluck
Hi KenDuckySmith,

I am not going to like your "Thought For Today". Bad thought. You should be able to share your problems with family, friends, and "neighbors". I was taught not to keep problems to myself but to share and get help from people who care about me. Just saying...
You should share problem with family and friends. But beware that an on-line neighbors may not be who you think they may be. We all correspond together, we tell stories, but the fact is, We really don't know each other. Yes, we know each other's "ON-LINE" personality. And in most cases, people are authentic. But sometimes they are not. There is no way to tell for sure. So proceed with caution with sharing problems on-line.

For the most part, this forum is very good and seems to have authentic people.. But again... you never will know for sure?

Sorry to sound like a worried nagging Mom, but fact is I am one.

Good evening gang - how are we today? @Robert - sorry to hear you news, all the best for a speedy recovery - I am up the A1 to Yorkshire tomorrow (I have my passport and flat cap ready) so will wave as I pass!

Well, as I said yesterday, in the interests of my beauty sleep, I needed to miss a night to get my gifting earlier - well it has worked and gifts are out, 4 hours earlier than normal and hopefully I can maintain this time. So beauty sleep tonight and I will be a new man tomorrow! - @uyetti I have seen how it works for you LOL.

Now off to find the joke of the day - so get some tight clothes on ready to hold your sides in!!! Personally I think Anderl is the joke of today, well done GI.

Back soon.
Thanks for your thoughts but @Ten33go says we can't have a session not even my favourite Old Peculiar ale from North Yorkshire.
Have a safe journey as snow is forecast for up here

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
You should share problem with family and friends. But beware that an on-line neighbors may not be who you think they may be. We all correspond together, we tell stories, but the fact is, We really don't know each other. Yes, we know each other's "ON-LINE" personality. And in most cases, people are authentic. But sometimes they are not. There is no way to tell for sure. So proceed with caution with sharing problems on-line.

For the most part, this forum is very good and seems to have authentic people.. But again... you never will know for sure?

Sorry to sound like a worried nagging Mom, but fact is I am one.

Debbie Downer. Sheesh. *JK*

@Flo - What Lisa said is true. Just like in real life, you have to use your best judgement and common sense. As she said, there are a group of people who are both the same online, as they are offline. These can be great people to know, and be friends with. But you have to be aware of how things are, because there are also the, "Other" people, who are just interested in making everyone else's life miserable, or trying to steal information or whatever. They will be one way online, but in reality, they're not people you want to associate with.

I've been on the Internet since 1995. I have learned a great deal of things in that time span about how people can be. You develop a "Sixth sense" about some people, or places or situations.

And, much like our worried nagging Mom said, just be careful both in person, and online with what you share, and who you share it with. Venting is good with normal everyday issues, but if it's personal, you want to be assured that your privacy and well being is looked after. And I know your Dad monitors your Internet, so that is a big bonus for you young lady!. And I congratulate him for that, as many parents could care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom