Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Using Bonuses

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
v70ouc
Username
Ant
I am confused about the golden dice and the spy glass. What's the difference between the two and what is the difference between collectible and quest items? For some reason, my thinking is that they are interchangeable because a collectible is also an item that you need to finish a quest. Help!:confused:

Trying to determine what is best to use so that I can get those American bills for Land of Opportunity and what is best to use for Stonehenge/Greek Temple drops.

As I understand it, a quest item is something that a mission is requesting, so if it's not a mission item than Golden Dice should help. I also guess that flight items aren't included as they aren't in collections.

I have played the game for a year, but I am also not very clear on this :confused: .

I have found that the Golden Dice (4 greens) is the only useful bonus. In the past, if you combine Golden Dice with a Spy Glass, it would always drop something useful on every flight.

In short:
  • Dice is only good for item drops such as Landing Lamp, Powerful Radio Transmitters, Fuel Supply etc
  • Spy Glass is good for items that are side tasks like Duke Crocker's tasks or the Kangaroo (part of the Zoo Collection)
  • Golden Dice is for items that are part of a 5 item Collection
So to get drops for the Aztec collection, you should really use a Golden Dice to increase your chances.

Can anybody correct me on this? greensmith just used a Golden Dice, so maybe Greensmith can shed a light on this?

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
Tom greensmith when you reply to Bali Hi please tag me. I am interested in your comments because i cant work out what is best. I was using Spy Glass for Aztec flights but it didnt seem to be any good Neil ellor Captain tneil

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
I think the main issue we will have is how to work out what exactly (in GIS's terms) is a quest item. Once you work that out you know what to use

So:
  • Non quest non Collectable item - Dice
  • Non quest but Collectable - Golden Dice
  • Quest item - SpyGlass
but what about Sky Captain?

One of the issues I found is that the drop rate of an item can change in the middle of the quest. e.g. When you start a promo the item drop will be "often" - but once you have completed a collection or 1st item has dropped - then it turns into "seldom".

100% increase in a chance of something that is very seldom is still a almost very seldom chance of it dropping...

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Are the Pyramid, Stonehenge and Greek Temple items considered a quest or collectible items?

What about the bank notes?

diwata - I think and I could be wrong...

Bank notes is part of a quest (as you have tasks to do on the left of the game)

Pyramid, Stonehenge and Greek Temple - might be just collectable as there is no task or quest - but then again I do remember when one of the them started there was a task - but the Greek Temple did not have a task - Confused yet? :unsure:

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
tdv diwata I think i agree as i used spy glass on Aztec and didnt get much. I will have another go with golden dice over the weekend and will let you know what happens Neil ellor Captain tneil

Device
  1. iPad
And after reading through this, I do want to reiterate that combining the spy glass and golden dice at the same time pretty much nullifies the golden dice. I landed 30 in 6 hours on the Aztec mission and got all of 3 collective items during that time. So yeah, I had that going against me, which wasn't nice. :)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
I am not bothering to use them as I a going for 3 stars and I am bound to get at least 6 out of the 90 flights. I do not want more than one as they take up too much room for what they give you YMMV.

Top Bottom