Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Unable to Visit Neighbors in Windows PC Version

D

Deleted member 5399

@Ty Gigamon
It never fails that AnderL waits until Sunday, the day the weekly totals reset, that even though he hasn't shown on any of the top 100 lists, nor can I see his city, as he is AWAY, suddenly from no where, AnderL goes from nothing to 1st place, bumping everyone aside like a the bulls in Spain on 'Running of The Bulls Day'. Although there people are jumping out of the way.
AnderL is just knocking people aside.
And yet although I might make it to the top, especially in launches, it's because I'm there to help my friends.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wa17kzc
Username
PiA
Yep.....he or she has been getting away w/ it for months. Really sucks all the friendly competition right out of the game. You would think GI could easily ID and lock out.
Is there any progress.....i am still not getting any change in the game.....still locked inside the city not been allowed to visit any neighbor for days...:confused: Just Madlen AirBorn

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
w9ot5sz
Username
Capt. Bama
I'm getting to visit some neighbors. Most of the time I'm getting to see only neighbors that have been away from the game.

Then next time I can visit. once I exit the game. It's not consistent.

Hope you all can help.

Hello,

I am unable to visit my neighbors in the PC version of Airport City. I was able to visit on Tuesday November 18th but the only neighbor I can visit today is Madlen Airborn. I really like this game and I hope that you can fix this problem.

Thank you,

Warren

Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
w73jt3w
Username
!angel
i agree with you this is very frustrating ..i'll add you when i get up in the morning right now i gotta get my daughter to bed she has school tomorrow.
fly high and fly safe Angel:sleep::sleep::sleep: :)

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
@m-bari @david smith That's why I gave up with tech support they always have the same answer, and say problem resolved when its not. I just wished they would be honest and say what is really going on. I know software and hardware issues can be a pain in the rear end, but I as a programmer know unless something major is going on, it doesn't take this long to resolve a issue. From my experience and seeing what is going on, it looks that ever body can visit Madlen Airborne and neighbors that have not visited their airport in a while. This tells me that when the last update they pushed might have had a script link that they forgot to update for the visit neighbor button or either they have moved their database for PC users active neighbors to a new server and forgot to add a link to the button "visit" to route a user to the correct button. I have looked at some of the files in their AC programming and about half of the game uses standard C++ programing for forms, and usually on C++ when a form button in a popup window is added like the button "Visit" on our neighbors list, if there is a missing link to take a user to were the active neighbors are kept, then it does just what we see happening nothing. I bet the keep Madlen Airborne and all the neighbors that are not visiting there airport in a stellar server and the link is still routed on our side to go to that server and that's why we can still see those.

@m-bari @david smith That's why I gave up with tech support they always have the same answer, and say problem resolved when its not. I just wished they would be honest and say what is really going on. I know software and hardware issues can be a pain in the rear end, but I as a programmer know unless something major is going on, it doesn't take this long to resolve a issue. From my experience and seeing what is going on, it looks that ever body can visit Madlen Airborne and neighbors that have not visited their airport in a while. This tells me that when the last update they pushed might have had a script link that they forgot to update for the visit neighbor button or either they have moved their database for PC users active neighbors to a new server and forgot to add a link to the button "visit" to route a user to the correct button. I have looked at some of the files in their AC programming and about half of the game uses standard C++ programing for forms, and usually on C++ when a form button in a popup window is added like the button "Visit" on our neighbors list, if there is a missing link to take a user to were the active neighbors are kept, then it does just what we see happening nothing. I bet the keep Madlen Airborne and all the neighbors that are not visiting there airport in a stellar server and the link is still routed on our side to go to that server and that's why we can still see those.
pain in the rear end, is being polite

Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
w73jt3w
Username
!angel
yea,i totally agree with you i don't write GI anymore ecause they tell me my problem is solved and case closed and it's not, gosh i'd rather deal with the Geek squad then GI lately...hey maybe we should have the geek squad have a crack at GI and see what they come up with. lol:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
I'm really beginning to think they hate us PC users! I just hope this is not a fashionable way of telling us they are killing the whole PC platform. My son's Android is working great and can go to level 60, so he has told me. :sour:

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
Just for kicks, I'm going to throw this out there. This problem seems to possibly be gifting related. Everyone can visit only Madlen Airborn, who, coincidentally, we can't gift, nor ever have been able to.

Now, I had 1 neighbor on 2 different games who I never visited. There was an event held one day that involved sending a gift to this particular person. Unfortunately, I sent one. From that point on, I was unable to visit him again. Now, I only sent from 1 game. I decided I wanted to save him as a visiting location to collect. Unfortunately, I was unable to gift. My guess being that it was from the same pc, though a different user on that same pc.

Just a thought. You may now resume your other theories and discussions....

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
I do wish they would add more levels to the PC platform, I bet if the counter would add experience past 75,000 I got at least 1,000,000(y)

Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
w 6 l n f r b
Username
Akims
I liked @Kris thoughts regarding the programming and we all can agree on the lack of customer support. I had the time traveler glitch for about two months. It wasn't a big deal to me. I kept in contact with them. They had me send a some game data. They had me send them some screenshots. Then we had this mess about 10 days ago. I sent them another reply with regards to our neighbors issues. At that point, they sent me the code to unblock my account and said my tickets were closed. Sort of convenient don't you think.

The thing is and I agree with @Kris things do not always work right and i totally understand that complicated things take a while to fix. It has also been discussed that GI is going after the cheating element. I think that angle would be the easiest to swallow and actually if true would be worth the wait. They wouldn't even have to say much. Something simple like "please be patient we are working on making the game better and fixing the current issues". They could just send out a mass email or post it on their facebook site. I know they have our emails because they sent me one couple days ago proudly claiming the Thanksgiving event in full swing and also sent me a link to play Tribez.

All of the this could have been handled in a much better fashion. Unless, it is true that they are fazing out the PC version. Which I have a hard time believing due to the fact of how much real cash that PC buy. Well, I should say used to buy.
Thanks

Top Bottom