Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Time traveler / cheater (round two)

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
My gifting reset several hours early today although since that happened last week before I was accused of being a time traveler / cheater I waited a few hours before sending gifts / visiting neighbors. I played off and on all afternoon after that with no problem. Was checking to see if anyone in my alliance was wanting to do a rocket launch then went back to collect fuel and got the time traveler message. I'm not happy this happened just a week since they accused me of cheating last time. I never changed my clock or made any other computer settings. I did stay up late last night to collect the last of the 800,000 coins needed for runway 6 and I spent WAY more than I should have on greenies over the weekend and rented planes to go to Sacramento trying to get the hydroponic greenhouse. If they can't handle my spending real money to rent planes then they should not have that option. If they accuse me of cheating when they send the canned response again, my complaint to microsoft store is ready to send.

time traveler- second round.png

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
These people are complete morons. In two hours, I will be filing a complaint with microsoft store against them unless my game is fixed (and I told them as much in an email) They have a buggy game and for them to falsely accuse people of cheating is not the way to maintain customers and I'm sure microsoft store will want to know what an unethical and second rate company they are dealing with. I'm not at all happy with this and this time it will take much more than 40 greenies to make me happy when they fix it.

profile_mask2.png

Game Insight Support Team
2:04 AM (8 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Dear

Your request (#7319975) has been updated. Please, check for the new comment!

Аlisa Mironova (Game Insight Support)

Feb 2, 11:04

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!
My name is Аlisa and I am here to assist you with your concern today.

I checked your game account details and should inform you that according to our database your game was blocked for changing time/date settings on your device. Please be aware that such activities are not allowed to do while playing the game as they affect it and can help to get an unfair advantage. Out system works automatically and restricts social options in the game if any actions of the kind are detected.

The limitations can be removed from your account in case the game was blocked for the first time. If it happens again, we will be unable to do it again and your social capabilities will be restricted permanently.
So we could unblock your account, please follow the procedure:
1. Set correct time zone, date and time on your device. Note that the settings should be arranged manually. Avoid using the option to adjust anything automatically.
2. Send me screenshots of these settings on your device. See here for some useful tips on how to make pictures of the screen: http://helpdesk.game-insight.com/hc/en-us/articles/204736517-How-can-I-take-screenshot-on-Windows-8-

Upon revising the information received I'll revert to you with an update.

Sincerely,
Alisa
Game Insight Support Team

Terms of Service |
Privacy Policy |
Help

2016 © Game Insight.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
@Blue Aero

New type of notice. The warning for time traveling use to be very specific, this a general warning about time traveling and other activities.

You may fail under other suspicious activities. Which includes some of the bugs in the game like trying to fast click on to many items at one time or the server does not register your game properly and it sees you have launch too many flights at once.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
New type of notice. The warning for time traveling use to be very specific, this a general warning about time traveling and other activities.

You may fail under other suspicious activities. Which includes some of the bugs in the game like trying to fast click on to many items at one time or the server does not register your game properly and it sees you have launch too many flights at once.

They have airplanes to rent and if that is suspicious activity after all the $$$ I spent on greenies to rent them, then they are setting me up to fail. If they don't want me to rent planes, then don't give me that option.

It happened last monday as well so I suspect it is a database problem on their end and it will continue to happen every monday until they get it fixed. Falsely accusing people of cheating is not acceptable and is not a way to gain (or keep) customers.

I'm totally pissed off this time - two weeks now they have made these false accusations. They know their is a bug yet they still make the false accusations? NOT AT ALL ACCEPTABLE. I stayed up until 4AM the other night clicking on buildings and guest airplanes in order to get the final coins for runway 6 (after spending lots of greenies (= real money spent on them) to fly to Sacramento to try and get the hydroponic greenhouse. They need to get their act together and stop falsely accusing people of cheating and fix the game when they are alerted to their buggy software causing problems.

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
They have airplanes to rent and if that is suspicious activity after all the $$$ I spent on greenies to rent them, then they are setting me up to fail. If they don't want me to rent planes, then don't give me that option.

It happened last monday as well so I suspect it is a database problem on their end and it will continue to happen every monday until they get it fixed. Falsely accusing people of cheating is not acceptable and is not a way to gain (or keep) customers.

I'm totally pissed off this time - two weeks now they have made these false accusations. They know their is a bug yet they still make the false accusations? NOT AT ALL ACCEPTABLE. I stayed up until 4AM the other night clicking on buildings and guest airplanes in order to get the final coins for runway 6 (after spending lots of greenies (= real money spent on them) to fly to Sacramento to try and get the hydroponic greenhouse. They need to get their act together and stop falsely accusing people of cheating and fix the game when they are alerted to their buggy software causing problems.

I have had it my android phone game twice in the last couple of months.
GI will sort it out as I think they know about the bug and they just sort it in their own time, the annoying thing is it was in the middle of both of the last quests so they were both cocked up.
I have also had instances when I have left my iOS games open before bed and when i re-opened the games and they were set at the time I last played the game. This way you have to wait longer for flights to return and also the gifting cycle is moved on so you loose a day of gifting.
The clock bug works in both direction

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
@Blue Areo
What I do, when it happend to my, I restore my own backup. This "Bug" is localy saved. So if you run you local backup script (you can find some examples here on the forum) and you get the time travel bug. You can be up and running in seconds again by restoring your game from a last savegame, instead waiting for the restoration of of your game by GI.

If you did not got the backup script running, there is a file called SaveProfile_backup.bin in the Local state folder. That is the save game from the last time you close the game (so 1 version before the current save game). So when you get the time travel bug and you copy SaveProfile_backup.bin over SaveProfile.bin, you got your game back. But onyl do this right after you got the time travels bug. Not now, for you it is to late, it only is usefull right after the bug.

I know, this info is a bit to late for your case. But maby somebody in the futhere can use it.

Last edited:

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
What I do, when it happend to my, I restore my own backup. This "Bug" is localy saved. So if you run you local backup script (you can find some examples here on the forum) and you get the time travel bug. You can be up and running in seconds again by restoring your game from a a last savegame, instead waiting for the restoration of of your game.

If you did not got the backup script running, there is a file called SaveProfile_backup.bin in the Local state folder that is the save game from the last time you close the game (so 1 version before the current save game). So when you get the time travel bug and you copy SaveProfile_backup.bin over SaveProfile.bin, you got your last savegame. But onyl do this right after you got the time travels bug. Not now, for you it to late, it only is usefull right after the bug.

I know, this info is great, but a bit to late for your case. But maby somebody in the futhere can use it.

They told me they had the game blocked and that it is blocked automatically by their database system? It has happened two mondays in a row and I'm suspecting they have a glitch in their database for some reason. If it is a problem with the local database stored on the computer, then the restore would work. I've only been playing a few months - what happens when the clocks change for daylight savings time???

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
They told me they had the game blocked and that it is blocked automatically by their database system?

Yes this is true, but there system will get info from the localy run game and more important every save you put on there system will overwrite the current one that is on there system. So say that version 17:00 pm is on there system, with a time travels bug, and you restore your local game to 16:00 pm, there system will get the 16:00 pm version. There is no inteligence on there system that checks with version is uploaded You decide and GI system accepts.

Also, just to be sure. There system does not decide if somebody is cheating. It is the localy install game, that got the cheating rules and act if it thinks the user is cheating.
When you close the game, the savegame is created localy and uploaded to there system. They will see what your game is telling them.

what happens when the clocks change for daylight savings time???

I think local install game will notice this, but the clock changes during the night, most people are sleeping then. But if you are not, I would suggest that you do not play for 2 hours, just to be sure

Last edited:

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
I think local install game will notice this, but the clock changes during the night, most people are sleeping then. But if you are not, I would suggest that you do not play for 2 hours, just to be sure

I think that may be causing the time traveler bug for me - I play sunday nights almost all night (off and on) since I do not have classes on mondays. That may be when they do their database backups.

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
I think that may be causing the time traveler bug for me - I play sunday nights almost all night (off and on) since I do not have classes on mondays. That may be when they do their database backups.

The next daylight saving is in March and the next after that is in october. So daylight saving can not be your issue. Also an database backup is also no issue. DB is backuped when it is up and running. DB can be mutated and backup at the sametime. No, you as everybody else here, got the timetravelers bug sometime. Some get it when they click the green lauchner, some get it somewhere else when they click something. But I am sure every player will get it a couple of times a year.

I read the reply they have sended you. I know this is a standaard mail you get, it is not personal. The are working with standaard answer and standard answer for a time travelers support question is the answer you got.

btw you got lucky, I did not get 30 greenies when I complained. They just accuse me of cheating, with there standard mail and when I exploded, they fixed it.
Next time, just run your backups and restore when you experiance this bug. Because I am getting it 2 to 3 times a year.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
The next daylight saving is in March and the next after that is in october. So daylight saving can not be your issue.

Of course that is not my issue - but if that is when they do a weekly backup then that would cause my problem and then it shows up monday late morning after I start playing for the day. It happened two mondays in a row. Also - it may be that daylight savings is then for the U.S. (where I am at) but daylight savings time varies according to the country you are in

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
Then it is your laptop, because there db is a non issue, your localy started game decide if there is a time travelers event or not.
Your laptop is telling them that it thinks you cheated.

In other word, the GI database decided nothing. It can not be some system on there site. Its a bug in the software that runs on your laptop. A bug everybody gets.
Why I am sure, because when I get the bug and I restore a localy save game, (on my laptop) the game continues like noting happens.

If I got what you are telling me on specific time, I would think (top of my head)
1. Your time chip is corrupt, its running harder and it is corrected by an ntp server (google it)
2. Your device is informed incorrected by an ntp server

Google your windows version and time synchronisatie

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
If I got what you are telling me on specific time, I would think (top of my head)
1. Your time chip is corrupt, its running harder and it is corrected by an ntp server (google it)
2. Your device is informed incorrected by an ntp server

It could possibly be microsoft's ntp server - definitely not my laptop. 1) I have since turned off the auto sync on the clock and it is still keeping time just fine in five days. 2) If it were microsoft's time server, more than just me would be having the problem 3) the first time GI said it was their problem and they knew what the issue was and were working hard to fix it.

I'm a network administrator so I do know a little about computers (and now back in school taking programming classes) The issue seems to be during their weekly database backup.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Have you turned it off completely and unplugged? Computers have small battery that keeps the clock running when there is no power. This battery dies after few years, so since then every time computer loses all power (main battery and AC power), the clock reverts to some predefined date, usually few years in the past.

IMHO the GI advice to turn off time sync is the most stupid. To get rock-solid time you rather need to have the time updated as often as possible. Otherwise the local clock WILL drift away, and you WILL have to correct it eventually - so that's guaranteed "time traveler" false positive.

Top Bottom