Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

This looking ok ?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Acesimulation
I dont know if this is a confidence thing but I rather have opinions are my current setup, Am I going in the right direction ? What do I need to do next etc etc. I've not build any rocket pads yet, nor anything to do with helicopters. Have 4 owls as in no rush to go to the hawks just yet. Current level is 18.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-16 164355.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-16 164355.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 76
too early to tell, depends on your priorities.... there is not really a right or wrong way, except that most seem to agree duty free is not worth it...

one thing to remember is you will have ages to three star all the destinations but each time you get a new aircraft you will need to make sure you have the other things in place in advance such as repair ability or runway....

plane fan

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
045UNKUKE
Username
A pfan-(gifts needed)
The first thing that I would try to do is minimize the amount of road in your city. Although all of that excess road in your city makes it look aesthetic, it's not an optimal use of your land. Try your best to make it where each building is only covered by one road. Your movie theater, for example, is covered by 10 squares of road. There are many other road squares in your city that could be eliminated and replaced with a building. And there are even more that could be removed if you just moved around your other buildings slightly.

Also, make sure to utilize the main road that runs thru the front of your city. in your case, I would move the book stores and pharmacies to the very front so that they can face that main road without needing any additional road in your city. Definitely remove the movie theater from there and put it somewhere where it only gets one road.

I'm pretty sure the most road-efficient way to organize a city is to make it into a grid where each 2x2 building gets one road and the gaps are filled with 1x1 buildings. For the most part this is the way that my city is organized:

1705444782028.png

You can see that, for the most part, each of my 2x2 buildings are only covered by one road in this grid. It is not aesthetically pleasing, but it is a very optimal use of your available land. I would have 1x1 buildings at the front of my city where the main road is, however, this is in VC territory and i don't have enough 1x1 pax buildings to cover the entire front of the city.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Acesimulation
The first thing that I would try to do is minimize the amount of road in your city. Although all of that excess road in your city makes it look aesthetic, it's not an optimal use of your land. Try your best to make it where each building is only covered by one road. Your movie theater, for example, is covered by 10 squares of road. There are many other road squares in your city that could be eliminated and replaced with a building. And there are even more that could be removed if you just moved around your other buildings slightly.

Also, make sure to utilize the main road that runs thru the front of your city. in your case, I would move the book stores and pharmacies to the very front so that they can face that main road without needing any additional road in your city. Definitely remove the movie theater from there and put it somewhere where it only gets one road.

I'm pretty sure the most road-efficient way to organize a city is to make it into a grid where each 2x2 building gets one road and the gaps are filled with 1x1 buildings. For the most part this is the way that my city is organized:

View attachment 72492

You can see that, for the most part, each of my 2x2 buildings are only covered by one road in this grid. It is not aesthetically pleasing, but it is a very optimal use of your available land. I would have 1x1 buildings at the front of my city where the main road is, however, this is in VC territory and i don't have enough 1x1 pax buildings to cover the entire front of the city.

Hi mate, this what you mean ??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-17 184528.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-17 184528.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 40
Close, you’ll get there 😊
take some time to look at high level player’ cities, particularly forum players, read some of the wonderful guides available in this forum.
In the end you’ll understand how to save on roads AND build a city that you like. thats part of the fun also.

basic principles to keep in mind:
1. Each building needs only a single piece of road (and a few need none, but that’s not that common)
2. if you want to make your city neighbor-friendly, keep equal buildings together (I’m speaking from my experience, I tend not to visit cities where replicas of the same building are spread all over town, it makes me lose time - take a look at Madlen’s city and you’ll get what I mean. I never liked to visit that one)
3. play around with your buildings, try different combinations, and have fun 🤩

Spot on - this is where you have one of the many occasions to choose YOUR style of play. For me aesthetics matters. I am building a city as much as an airport. Others are all about the fastest collection and growth. You have now had one of each style in your own airport, and so can see which feels more you. Great stuff, enjoy the game - there are so many ways to play.
people.png

plane fan

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
045UNKUKE
Username
A pfan-(gifts needed)
I agree with what Teresa said, you will figure it out as you go. It didn't quite save as much land as I thought it might, but once your land becomes bigger it will start saving land much more noticeably. For now, looks like it saved a little bit but not too much - so do whatever matter more for you, as Ralphy mentioned

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Acesimulation
Close, you’ll get there 😊
take some time to look at high level player’ cities, particularly forum players, read some of the wonderful guides available in this forum.
In the end you’ll understand how to save on roads AND build a city that you like. thats part of the fun also.

basic principles to keep in mind:
1. Each building needs only a single piece of road (and a few need none, but that’s not that common)
2. if you want to make your city neighbor-friendly, keep equal buildings together (I’m speaking from my experience, I tend not to visit cities where replicas of the same building are spread all over town, it makes me lose time - take a look at Madlen’s city and you’ll get what I mean. I never liked to visit that one)
3. play around with your buildings, try different combinations, and have fun 🤩
This is where i'm currently am. Am I getting the picture in what people are doing or shall I move or sell things again lol

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-25 154153.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-25 154153.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 37

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Top Poster Of The Month
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
What makes city builder like Airport City interesting and fun is that it appeals to people of different personalities. That means there is no one way to play and there is no such thing as best way.

The reason is that at any given moment, you have a set of goals you want to achieve. This is different for everyone. As such, you need to think about what resources to focus on. You can optimize your buildings to suit that need.

For general purpose, I suggest splitting up the land in half and focus one half on coin production and the other half on pax production. Beyond that, there is really no wrong way to play it. Even setting up the road should be left up to you. Some like nice tidy road wrapped around set of same building while others use least amount land on non resource producing elements like roads.

Instead of focusing on perfect setup (there is no such thing), focus on what makes it fun for you.

plane fan

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
045UNKUKE
Username
A pfan-(gifts needed)
Is there any recommendations from yourself as in move certain buildings, sell certain ones etc etc
I think your city is certainly doing great in terms of road and land optimization, so I don't think there's much need to move anything around for that purpose. One thing I might recommend though is to not let all that empty land sit around for too long, because it doesn't provide you with anything that way.

Splitting the city in half for coins and pax may only work with some people. I would recommend you determine which type of building you currently need more of - residential or commercial, or whether you need them equally. Then build accordingly in all (or most) of the empty land in your city.

If you are happy with the frequency at which your buildings are producing (10 mins, 1 hr, 4 hrs, etc.) then I would say there is no need to sell any buildings.

What makes city builder like Airport City interesting and fun is that it appeals to people of different personalities. That means there is no one way to play and there is no such thing as best way.

The reason is that at any given moment, you have a set of goals you want to achieve. This is different for everyone. As such, you need to think about what resources to focus on. You can optimize your buildings to suit that need.

For general purpose, I suggest splitting up the land in half and focus one half on coin production and the other half on pax production. Beyond that, there is really no wrong way to play it. Even setting up the road should be left up to you. Some like nice tidy road wrapped around set of same building while others use least amount land on non resource producing elements like roads.

Instead of focusing on perfect setup (there is no such thing), focus on what makes it fun for you.
My thoughts exactly - you are doing really well, but its your game. Go for what you want. The main thing is to look at other airports and work out what style of game and thus airport you want.
people.png

Do NOT sell your current 3x3 buildings, would be a waste now. Yes, they use more space (which you currently have plenty, too much actually, it's wasteful now) but you chose wisely. Use daily speedups on theater for coins (surround it with coin bonus generating buildings) plus can use inconvertible coin bonus for +100% and the pax (multi-story buildings) for flights. If you only login ~8 hours then your smaller coin buildings are ok, but otherwise moving forward focus on quicker producing coins like car dealership which are great for beginners.

It's your city, mistakes will be made, we've all done; set goals\objectives, play and have fun but realize strategy is involved if looking to succeed.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Acesimulation
Do NOT sell your 3x3 buildings. Yes, they use more space (which you currently have plenty, too much actually, it's wasteful now) but you chose wisely. Use daily speedups on theater for coins (surround it with coin bonus generating buildings) plus can use inconvertible coin bonus for +100% and the pax (multi-story buildings) for flights. If you only login ~8 hours then your smaller coin buildings are ok, but otherwise moving forward focus on quicker producing coins like car dealership which are great for beginners.

It's your city, mistakes will be made, we've all done, set goals\objectives, play and have fun but realize strategy is involved if looking to succeed.
"coin bonus generating buildings" - Which ones are them ?

plane fan

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
045UNKUKE
Username
A pfan-(gifts needed)
It is very important to keep the Movie Theater because you can speed it up 10 times a day to get many coins. Also consider updating to a Water Park if you have the money.

The only sellable 3x3s you have otherwise are the multi-story buildings. 2x2 buildings require 4 squares and 1 road so a total of 5. With one road square 3x3s require 10 total squares. So 3x3 takes twice as much room. However, you will also notice that the 3x3 buildings produce much more in a shorter period of time. For example, Country Houses require 5 squares with 24 pax per 4 hrs while Multi-Story Buildings require 10 squares with 56 pax per 4 hrs. So the multi-story building takes up twice as much room but produces more than twice as much as the Country House. So I would definitely keep all of your multi-story buildings for the time being.

Top Bottom