Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General spyglass vs dice

Southoftheborder

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ve9l34
Username
Southoftheborder
Sorry if this sounds a stupid question, but I'm struggling to understand when best to use spyglass, sky capitan, dice or golden dice (not that I have the last 2!!). they refer to quests, item drop, collectables and common. If tried reading through the forums - but haven't found a simple description - most just repeat the official definition!

But in simple terms, what should I use if I want to:

- increase the chance of getting a lifejacket from Malta?
- increase the chance of getting an Iceland Crest from visiting a neighbours Stone Castle?
- increase the chance of getting an item from the 'event' elves?
- increase the chance of getting an item from one of my own buildings?
- increase the chance of getting a map chest from a flight to Mesoamerica?
- increase the chance of getting a bas relief from a flight to Machu Picchu?

And what is the difference between a common item and a collectable item - how do you know which is which?
Is an event a quest?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
- increase the chance of getting a lifejacket from Malta? GOLDEN DICE
- increase the chance of getting an Iceland Crest from visiting a neighbours Stone Castle? No bonus exists*
- increase the chance of getting an item from the 'event' elves? Bowl of Riches (or SPYGLASS maybe)
- increase the chance of getting an item from one of my own buildings? No bonus exists*
- increase the chance of getting a map chest from a flight to Mesoamerica? DICE
- increase the chance of getting a bas relief from a flight to Machu Picchu? GOLDEN DICE

Collectible Items appear in the Collections chest and form part of a collection.
Everything else are Common Items and include building items, flight items, repair items, weather items, etc.

*It's possible that the Bowl of Riches and Spyglass may help with event drops from buildings, I'm not sure about that.

An older explanation of bonuses said that Sky Captain didn't work for collectible items, but the in-game description just says "item drop", so it might work for both now?

Events certainly count as "quests".

Last edited:
- increase the chance of getting a lifejacket from Malta? GOLDEN DICE (Dont use GD here) (Dice is enough)
- increase the chance of getting an Iceland Crest from visiting a neighbours Stone Castle? GOLDEN DICE (never use GD in visiting)
- increase the chance of getting an item from the 'event' elves? Bowl of Riches (or SPYGLASS maybe) (Bowl of Riches enough) spy glass save it for other event.
- increase the chance of getting an item from one of my own buildings? No bonus exists* (collectable buildings every 24h, Factories every 12h, Planetarium every 5:20, Training Center every 4h, Astronaut Academy every 1 day now there is a bonus make the drop for all these buildings before the reset timer for each of them it is Horn of Plenty bonus)
- increase the chance of getting a map chest from a flight to Mesoamerica? DICE (no need just buy the map and keep flying you will get it)
- increase the chance of getting a bas relief from a flight to Machu Picchu? GOLDEN DICE (correct the best is GD)

Collectible Items appear in the Collections chest and form part of a collection.
Everything else are Common Items and include building items, flight items, repair items, weather items, etc.

*It's possible that the Bowl of Riches and Spyglass may help with event drops from buildings, I'm not sure about that.

An older explanation of bonuses said that Sky Captain didn't work for collectible items, but the in-game description just says "item drop", so it might work for both now?

Events certainly count as "quests".
@Southoftheborder
increase the chance of getting a lifejacket from Malta? GOLDEN DICE (Dont use GD here) (Dice is enough)
- increase the chance of getting an Iceland Crest from visiting a neighbours Stone Castle? GOLDEN DICE (never use GD in visiting)
- increase the chance of getting an item from the 'event' elves? Bowl of Riches (or SPYGLASS maybe) (Bowl of Riches enough) spy glass save it for other event.
- increase the chance of getting an item from one of my own buildings? No bonus exists* (collectable buildings every 24h, Factories every 12h, Planetarium every 5:20, Training Center every 4h, Astronaut Academy every 1 day now there is a bonus make the drop for all these buildings before the reset timer for each of them it is Horn of Plenty bonus)
- increase the chance of getting a map chest from a flight to Mesoamerica? DICE (no need just buy the map and keep flying you will get it)
- increase the chance of getting a bas relief from a flight to Machu Picchu? GOLDEN DICE (correct the best is GD)
In the end this is your game its up to you we give you choices and the best answers also you have to know that every one have his strategy in the game some players they active every day bonuses some they cannot, some bonuses it cost you greenies and some gold and silver cost you and some bonuses cost you coins from the mystery box.

I put the answers as i play the game in my way this what i did and what i use. :)
Good Luck for you (y)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
increase the chance of getting a lifejacket from Malta? GOLDEN DICE (Dont use GD here) (Dice is enough)
Lifejackets are collectible items. I don't understand why you would use Dice. The description says "excluding quest and collectible items".

My inability to read, I thought Southoftheborder meant from Iceland. :oops:

But, do you agree that there is no bonus to increase the drop rate for buildings that might drop collectibles or might not? The buildings you mentioned guarantee a drop, so are something different.

But, the question was what would increase the chances of getting a map chest. Do you agree that Dice should increase the chance of getting a map chest?

Lifejackets are collectible items. I don't understand why you would use Dice. The description says "excluding quest and collectible items".

My inability to read, I thought Southoftheborder meant from Iceland. :oops:

But, do you agree that there is no bonus to increase the drop rate for buildings that might drop collectibles or might not? The buildings you mentioned guarantee a drop, so are something different.

But, the question was what would increase the chances of getting a map chest. Do you agree that Dice should increase the chance of getting a map chest?
Yes no bonus to increase the drop rate for buildings.
I try it to be honest with you i did not see any different so i keep sending the planes without any bonus and i get all the maps. let say yes as you want if you want to send the falcon 400 flight do you want real use Dice with these flight one more thing let say the drop will be better imagine if the drop just came for 2 city each 9 maps so you will use another Dice and if happen again and the drop came also for the same 2 city with 5 maps do you need more than 10 maps of each city ?
keep flying without any bonus when you complete the 3 star check how many maps you need by from duke and send your plane with Dice i try that and 50 flights repeating same maps and i did not get the map i want.

Collectable item yes but not for buildings this collectable (Stewardess' Collection) to get bonus (Business Class) so Dice will work.

The simple answer:
Non-event collectible flight drops: Golden Dice (but mainly save for flying adventure maps)
Non-event non-collectible flight drops: Dice / Skycaptain
Event flight drops: Spyglass (or event specific bonus).
Golden dice ok except you cant save them, only buy them when you need them. I think what @Husam was getting at is for lower flights like tp, jets etc using dice is ok, but when you get to higher levels the amount of fuel to return planes fast isn't worth it. You aim for 3 stars and it should drop way over enough chests.

Top Bottom