Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Green Launch Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items

Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items

@Phil G - @porvillewright - @Mike47 - @jimstreet - @Harcourt - @ItsRalphy - @crescent moon - @Radu81 - @cats are awesome - @Wasted Eagle

My thanks to all of you for taking part in the eighteenth launch in this series, you made it another really successful flight. Thanks also for the QL's - the launch lasted less than 3 minutes, before paying out. I will update and post the Flyers League Table on Sunday.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
Never mind the mere crew, a massive thanks to the Captain @Captain WH Rollins for one again putting the launch together - great job which is why we fly with you each week!

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
These flights take place every Friday at 5pm UK time, I also post a message on Thursday's reminding flyers about the flight to come, this was the eighteenth flight to date.
OK will try to remember - I have seen it sometimes but always been in mid-flight at the time.
I have had a go at posting a small item launch myself though starting at about 1.30 am there is only a couple of us in it right now - I am going to add items and follow it through the day but if it looks like it wont make it - I will allow normal item submission and add more items myself about an hour before the finish. I was a bit ambitious and chose red but my reasoning was that the rewards are worth having for all the places. If I don't try I will never know if it works!

OK will try to remember - I have seen it sometimes but always been in mid-flight at the time.
I have had a go at posting a small item launch myself though starting at about 1.30 am there is only a couple of us in it right now - I am going to add items and follow it through the day but if it looks like it wont make it - I will allow normal item submission and add more items myself about an hour before the finish. I was a bit ambitious and chose red but my reasoning was that the rewards are worth having for all the places. If I don't try I will never know if it works!
Worth a try - I am in and @Robert is joining us

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins

A green launch at 1,600 is better suited for small resource item investments with 9 to 10 flyers taking part, whereas a red launch at 3,000 is a far greater reach, requiring far more flyers. There is also the matter of running out of time if there are not enough flyers taking part in a red launch.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
I am realizing that you may be right as few have joined - so expect I shall have to normalise the launch later today - life (and this game is a learning experience) - I just wish I could find some sensible way to get a good return from the hundreds of small items that I have. Guess it is back to the drawing board - I agree that I needed to get around 10 or more flyers involved early on in the flight and the reality is so far just three of us.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I am realizing that you may be right as few have joined - so expect I shall have to normalise the launch later today - life (and this game is a learning experience) - I just wish I could find some sensible way to get a good return from the hundreds of small items that I have. Guess it is back to the drawing board - I agree that I needed to get around 10 or more flyers involved early on in the flight and the reality is so far just three of us.

The time of day you open your launch is also very important - which is why I chose 5pm on Friday's - a cross over with flyers time zones.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
The time of day you open your launch is also very important - which is why I chose 5pm on Friday's - a cross over with flyers time zones.
That too If I try it again I will probably do it on a saturday afternoon and give everyone a weeks notice that it is happening - that will also give a chance for people leaving the Friday launch to join in!

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Good to hear was a good flight as usual. With my main game down temporarily I actually
forgot about this until this morning. :sleep:

It's a great shame you did not take part in Friday's green launch, the 18th flight in the series. You are currently in 5th place and it's quite tight at the top of the Flyers League Table. There is very little difference, in terms of resources invested, between the top 5 placed flyers. A really good flight can make a great deal of difference to a flyers standing in the table.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I want in also how

As long as you are neighbours with @Harcourt and/or @Wired Parrott you can join the green launch in the usual way every Friday at 5pm (GMT London) - the minimum opening investment is 54 - this amount is made from your small resources - Small Fuel Tank (6 points), Additional Stabilalizer (12 points), Explosive Bolt (24 points) and Solid Fuel (12 points) - these are the only four resources to use - multiple visits to the launch will be needed, the number of times is up to you - normally 10 to 13 flyers take part - a total of 18 flights have been completed since the first flight in February of this year.

The Airport City Questions section has a post called - Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items - this is where you will find background information, feedback etc.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom