Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Space launches imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Steve74-uk
Username
Steve74-uk
Hi Pakman, yeah I saw you join and drop in a Main Stab and a Large Fuel Tank! I don't mind if we launch tonight or tomorrow morning UK time, not heard from Becky (Mrstepot) so far so not sure if she wants in the launch. If you can finish the launch quickly with the rubbish stuff feel free, but I wouldn't waste any more good stuff (LFT,MS,PEB) as we have plenty of time left and I can finish it morning UK time. Up to you and also depends on how soon you want to launch!

Hi Pakman, yeah I saw you join and drop in a Main Stab and a Large Fuel Tank! I don't mind if we launch tonight or tomorrow morning UK time, not heard from Becky (Mrstepot) so far so not sure if she wants in the launch. If you can finish the launch quickly with the rubbish stuff feel free, but I wouldn't waste any more good stuff (LFT,MS,PEB) as we have plenty of time left and I can finish it morning UK time. Up to you!

Ok we'll slow burn it and see if Becky joins.

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
GS4: GamingSwiftie4 (iPad), GS5: 04skwc5l
Username
GS4, GS5
Steve - Wow, that was a popular slow burn. :p Tag me on the next one and I'll attempt to join too. (Assuming that it lasts a bit longer or I'm actually around and paying attention. ;) )

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
Steve ...Mrstepot .... Pakman ......GamingSwiftie I will be ready for a consecutive launch once the lander arrives (~22hrs). I don't mind a second or a 3rd place finish. If no body else minds, Becky, the launch command is all yours. I can throw in 550-650 points as soon as i join in. Anybody else wants to start their own and go for gold, let us know, we could split the group pending on availability of points.
Cheers!

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Steve74-uk
Username
Steve74-uk
Steve
I think I am going to start my own launch tomorrow so I can try for gold since I just got 2 PEB's! Hope that's okay!

Hi Becky (Mrstepot) - I am happy to join your launch tomorrow and support your push for Gold?
Not sure if my previous posts (prior to going to bed!!) were that clear as what I meant is we can agree each launch who wants to go for gold (probably the person with the most high point items) and the others can jump in and support and grab silvers and bronzes. I am happy to alternate between getting Gold and then Silver/Bronze with you all.

Mrstepot When are you starting your launch and how many points do you want to put in? Let me know and then I will join and chuck some points in before I go to bed and then some more when I get up morning my time!

However to avoid getting your Gold launch hijacked by non-forum friends (and I have seen this happen) we kind of need to calculate how many points we need the Gold place person to have and the launch needs to have in total (Gold place person + launch supporters) to avoid the possibility of a hijack, prior to going to slow burn.
E.G. if the Gold place has say 800 in then we need the total to be around 1300 before we move to slow burn to ensure a new joiner can't hijack Gold (although they could put in extra points over and above what was needed to do it - such as putting in a PEB when only 20 more points are needed - but you can't account for that stupidity). Conversely if the Gold place has 900 in then we would only need a minimum of about 1200 in total before moving to slow burn.

Rsorour, GamingSwiftie, Pakman - I am going to wait for Becky to support her next launch (as she is going for Gold), which should be shortly after my capsule returns (as we launched quite late UK time last night) feel free to join if you want. I am happy with either Bronze or Silver this time. I'll probably go for gold again in a few days but in the meantime happy to support other peoples launches!

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
GS4, GS5
Count me in... as a supporter only... 300 points will be pushing my resources at the moment as I just spent most of them ensuring a successful launch during the whole GIs server instability... but would love to unload some of this solid fuel if I catch a ride somewhere... ;)

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Steve74-uk
Username
Steve74-uk
Count me in... as a supporter only... 300 points will be pushing my resources at the moment as I just spent most of them ensuring a successful launch during the whole GIs server instability... but would love to unload some of this solid fuel if I catch a ride somewhere... ;)
I don't think I will ever be able to unload either my stock of solid fuel or my stock of Explosive Bolts (which given the time they take implies they are not very explosive!) ... think we are stuck with them for ever ... unless GI realize 4 hours for 24 points and 2 hours for 12 points is ludicrous?
I think I can easily chip in with anything between 250-500 depending on how long we slow burn for.
So I guess we keep an eye on the forum tonight and wait for Becky (Mrstepot) to start the launch to get her gold! ;)

Mrstepot

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Beckyp
Hi Becky (Mrstepot) - I am happy to join your launch tomorrow and support your push for Gold?
Not sure if my previous posts (prior to going to bed!!) were that clear as what I meant is we can agree each launch who wants to go for gold (probably the person with the most high point items) and the others can jump in and support and grab silvers and bronzes. I am happy to alternate between getting Gold and then Silver/Bronze with you all.

Mrstepot When are you starting your launch and how many points do you want to put in? Let me know and then I will join and chuck some points in before I go to bed and then some more when I get up morning my time!

However to avoid getting your Gold launch hijacked by non-forum friends (and I have seen this happen) we kind of need to calculate how many points we need the Gold place person to have and the launch needs to have in total (Gold place person + launch supporters) to avoid the possibility of a hijack, prior to going to slow burn.
E.G. if the Gold place has say 800 in then we need the total to be around 1300 before we move to slow burn to ensure a new joiner can't hijack Gold (although they could put in extra points over and above what was needed to do it - such as putting in a PEB when only 20 more points are needed - but you can't account for that stupidity). Conversely if the Gold place has 900 in then we would only need a minimum of about 1200 in total before moving to slow burn.

Rsorour, GamingSwiftie, Pakman - I am going to wait for Becky to support her next launch (as she is going for Gold), which should be shortly after my capsule returns (as we launched quite late UK time last night) feel free to join if you want. I am happy with either Bronze or Silver this time. I'll probably go for gold again in a few days but in the meantime happy to support other peoples launches!
Steve
Great idea. What time will you be ready to launch again? My capsule returns around 5pm CST.
I could put in 1200 points if I use all my large items but maybe I should save some to support other launches?
P.S. I am going to use your idea as an example to my students of people working together for the collective good!

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Steve74-uk
Username
Steve74-uk
Steve
Great idea. What time will you be ready to launch again? My capsule returns around 5pm CST.
I could put in 1200 points if I use all my large items but maybe I should save some to support other launches?
P.S. I am going to use your idea as an example to my students of people working together for the collective good!
Hi Becky (Mrstepot) my launch returns about 11pm GMT which is about 5pm US CST (GMT-6) so I can look out for your launch just as soon as that capsule comes back. If you kick off the launch at 5pm(ish) CST / 11pm(ish) GMT I will look out for it and join (post here if you can). I think GamingSwiftie is up for joining and also Rsorour as well (maybe one of @Pakman's games as well).

Not sure how many points you want to use up to get Gold ... its a tricky one. As it's quite close to end of the UK day when we launch I won't be able to up my points till the next morning after my initial dump of points but I reckon I can get to about 150-220 before I go to bed (depending on what comes back in my Gold capsule or my flights today) and then if you are safe in gold when I wake up I will just slow burn it through your night time adding in another 150-200 easily enough, perhaps even more. If Rsorour and GamingSwiftie can drop in another average 200 straight away each then that is 600 between us three ... so if you have 700-800 in straight away that's 1400 before we go to slow burn (which leaves 600 left so unlikely anyone will be able to hijack your gold, unless they are crazy), I have also noticed that as you leave it slow burning people will join and just chuck in the odd 50-100 to just get a launch and a bronze which helps a lot too. You start the launch and lets see if Rsorour and GamingSwiftie are cool with the above plan. We can then execute it for those guys as well when they are ready with big point items and want gold. :)

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
Mrstepot , Steve , GamingSwiftie , and if Pakman joins in .... Count me in! my lander arrives ~6:00 pm EST (or 5:00pm CST). I will lookout for your launch. I am fine with any position (will gimme sometime to stock on fast burner items for a gold finish in the future). So far, I know Steve is pushing for a silver or bronze. What about you GamingSwiftie? do you also need a silver/bronze finish? Like i said, I have no problem with a 4th or 5th place finish. Just let me know.
Cheers!

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Steve74-uk
Username
Steve74-uk
Mrstepot , Steve , GamingSwiftie , and if Pakman joins in .... Count me in! my lander arrives ~6:00 pm EST (or 5:00pm CST). I will lookout for your launch. I am fine with any position (will gimme sometime to stock on fast burner items for a gold finish in the future). So far, I know Steve is pushing for a silver or bronze. What about you GamingSwiftie? do you also need a silver/bronze finish? Like i said, I have no problem with a 4th or 5th place finish. Just let me know.
Cheers!
Hi Rsorour - position #1 gets gold, #2 and #3 get silver and everyone else gets bronze I believe so technically I believe you can join a launch put in 2 points and get a Bronze! :) I got my gold yesterday so happy to take whatever this time (e.g. silver or bronze). Once Becky gets her gold launch we can do a gold launch for you Rsorour if you want? I would probably be ready for a gold shot next launch or the one after you but happy to wait my turn if GamingSwiftie or Pakman are ready also.

Device
  1. iPad
Oh goodness all this launch talk. I am simple. I have a launch. It currently has 1500 + points. I can complete alone, but there is an easy 3rd place going if anyone wants it for a good cash reward for a little fuel. So far it is ducks1 and dee as they are both mine! I hope to use slower items to launch with over next few hours.

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
GS4, GS5
Forgot who asked what, :whistle: but...
I'm good with whatever place I just end up with. (I'm just wanting to a: launch another rocket and b: use some of this stock piled solid fuel.)
Yep, 5pm CST sounds good for a launch to me.
We'll see when the time comes, but I suspect that I may not be ready for another first place launch for a bit. So, someone is more than welcome to take my spot. (Besides, I enjoy just hitching rides more than I do about stressing over the first spot finish... Guess that's why I haven't collected any of the awful looking alien legacy statues. :angelic:)

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Steve74-uk
Username
Steve74-uk
Forgot who asked what, :whistle: but...
I'm good with whatever place I just end up with. (I'm just wanting to a: launch another rocket and b: use some of this stock piled solid fuel.)
Yep, 5pm CST sounds good for a launch to me.
We'll see when the time comes, but I suspect that I may not be ready for another first place launch for a bit. So, someone is more than welcome to take my spot. (Besides, I enjoy just hitching rides more than I do about stressing over the first spot finish... Guess that's why I haven't collected any of the awful looking alien legacy statues. :angelic:)
Lol :) I think its a case of wait for Becky (Mrstepot) to start the launch and then pile in behind her with whatever items we want to use up with the objectives of a) keeping Becky in the gold slot (she is going for gold) and b) using up as much rubbish in our warehouse as we can over the subsequent 24 hours! :)
Rsorour, GamingSwiftie, Mrstepot

And yes, the Alien Legacy is an ugly building ... that's why I only have one! I am hoping the Space Monument is a little more tasteful/ascetically pleasing!

Mrstepot

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Beckyp
Lol :) I think its a case of wait for Becky (Mrstepot) to start the launch and then pile in behind her with whatever items we want to use up with the objectives of a) keeping Becky in the gold slot (she is going for gold) and b) using up as much rubbish in our warehouse as we can over the subsequent 24 hours! :)
Rsorour, GamingSwiftie, Mrstepot

And yes, the Alien Legacy is an ugly building ... that's why I only have one! I am hoping the Space Monument is a little more tasteful/ascetically pleasing!
My head is swimming...you guys sure think this through! I think it is a great idea to keep launching collectively and taking turns earning the gold when we have the fuel to earn it. Today, I do have enough -for a change-so I am happy to lead the launch when our capsule returns.
P.s. I, too, think the Alien Legacy is scary looking. But I like being able to expand the number of passengers, so I will eventually continue to try to earn more (and then hide them behind tall buildings!) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom