Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Saving green dollars

mel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04chunln
Username
Meli2-what I need most
How many green dollars do you all have in stock? I wonder what the smartest minimal amount would be. Is there any time within the game that you need more than 50 or 100 to get any further?

Device
  1. Android
I currently have 4 and am very wary about keeping them, but not sure what to spend them on at the minute, might waste them on a bonus, am saving for land expansion though.

I'm sure my game will crash and I will lose them though!

I did see a thread a couple of days ago whereby someone had 10 taken from them due to an error on the gift code.

mel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04chunln
Username
Meli2-what I need most
It's hard to decide when something is impossible to get :) Like the travel guides. I did get one from Turkisch Coast, it seems impossible, but it isn't if you're really, really patient :)

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
U need 20 greenies to buy expansion, i only use them for expansion now.

In the beginning i used them for items which neverrrrr drops, for upgrading my buildings.

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
I spent mine on special buildings, I have gotten several powerful wind turbines and a solar power station because they deliver quite a lot of power for occupying just one square.

I got a mystery building once (got the pharmaceutical firm). And I got a stone castle and circus. I got the circus because the pay-off is quite good. And the stone castle because besides delivering passengers, it also drops items for the running wild collection. Oh and I have a donut-shop and a bridal salon, the bridal salon also has a good pay-off (24 coins per 20 minutes).

I'm not saving them up for land expansion because I can still use coins for that. So I actually got quite a bunch of buildings, and all with free greens :)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a1kcuxd
Username
Friso
I have 10 greens and 9000 coins, I upgrade my buildings as quickly as possible and buy land expansions with my greens. Before I signed up at this forum I used to pay items with my green cash, but now I found out this great thing that's not needed anymore :D

I learnt from past experience that you should save your green bills mainly for land purchases.

Land expansion 11 and beyond cannot be purchased with coins and requires 20 green bills each. You will blame yourself then for wasting your green bills just to quickly finishing a building.

Since you are in this forum, you can get stuff from other players. Read / search what you need against what other players have, send useful stuff to others and you will get things you need faster. Establish trading partners (best if they are on the same level as you), so you can help each other out. Post daily so that people can easily read what you need today.

The only item I could justify buying is the Powerful Wind Turbine because it saves you a lot of space, very crucial in the beginning stages. Dee has more experience buying buildings with green bills, and I agree Circus may be worth buying.

The only problem keeping green bills is the accidental purchases that will eventuallyhappen to everyone. My cousin had 41 green bills, only to accidentally purchase some useless collection of items for 26 green bills. Very annoying.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
c1k0mq (that's a zero, not a letter)
Username
BEW0072 Airport
The only problem keeping green bills is the accidental purchases that will eventuallyhappen to everyone. My cousin had 41 green bills, only to accidentally purchase some useless collection of items for 26 green bills. Very annoying.

So these will pop up when you first go into the game, be sure to look for them. Watch for when the game seems to freeze cause that's when the pop up will appear. Also be sure not to start clicking anywhere when it does freeze, that's how to erroneous purchases take place!!!

Device
  1. Android
Agree, save the cash for later land expansions. DO NOT use cash for land if the coin option is available.

You will eventually end up with millions in coin and little cash.

After I figured out how to not accidentally purchase stuff (like the stupid dice), I only use cash for land and once for an item (all-inclusive bracelet).

I finally broke down and bought some cash ($96 for land expansions) since it would take close to a year (at $3 free cash per week) to get 4 land expansions.

Whenever my total goes over $20, I'll get another plot of land.

jimmy21

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
1jl219
Username
Deidei.item needed
I think GI has improved the annoying pop up.. the "buy" button is grey out now if we don't click the collection/bonus that we want to buy..

Right now I have no green cash and over 2,3 million coins in my account.. but I'm optimist will get 30 gc from screenshot contest :p

mel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04chunln
Username
Meli2-what I need most
Thanks for all the tips. I will save my 50 dollars for land expension (took me ages to get them)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a1kcuxd
Username
Friso
Agree, save the cash for later land expansions. DO NOT use cash for land if the coin option is available.

You will eventually end up with millions in coin and little cash.

That's interesting. I don't think I have the ability to resist getting a land expansion when I have enough of those greens to get one :p So I hope they will soon get that update in which you can change coins for green bills. Reading those past experiences with accidental greens (thank god I haven't been through that yet) GI could maybe add a confirmation when getting something using your green bills. But what are the odds they will do that? :D

Bali Hi has 29 green bills, Bali Too has accumulated 34 green bills (only spent 6 so far to buy a Powerful Wind Turbine).

Then while I was gloating over my hoard of cash, and while being distracted by a posting from Vangees,
I tapped my Tab, and voila: I just bought a Mystery Building for 6 green bills!

The Mystery building is an Italian Restaurant.
I wilI place it near my solitary Mexican restaurant as a reminder of my folly.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
c1k0mq (that's a zero, not a letter)
Username
BEW0072 Airport
The Mystery building is an Italian Restaurant.
I wilI place it near my solitary Mexican restaurant as a reminder of my folly.

You'll have to get another mystery building in hopes of receiving the Chinese restaurant, give your people some choices for their meals.

Top Bottom