Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Removed from aircraft launch

Device
  1. iPhone
How can this be?? I just used over 600 points worth of items joining a spaceship launch and someone removed me from the launch and I have lost all the items.. how does this work and do I get my items back as they appear to have disappeared!! So angry!

How can this be?? I just used over 600 points worth of items joining a spaceship launch and someone removed me from the launch and I have lost all the items.. how does this work and do I get my items back as they appear to have disappeared!! So angry!
Any launch master can kick any player from his/her launch. No, you get nothing back. There are a few threads in here regarding this issue. More often than not it is simply due to lack of ability to communicate and not knowing what the launcher wants to do.

Most players who have been in this forum for awhile have slowly deleted all non forum neighbours for this precise reason. A few tips...

1. Only launch with someone you know or can communicate with. Check the launch threads in here and make neighbours with some of the regular posters.
2. Know the Launch Caaptains’ rules! There are quite a few variations, but most in here follow a basic rule set and will communicate through their posts if there are any variations.
3. If you decide to keep your non forum neighbours, be careful that they don’t hijack your launches. Ie add points to jump your position to try and take first spot.

This what i am talking about in space launches thread.
If you dont communicate with the players you join their launches this will be problem.
Dont ever join any launches you dont know the owner for the launch.
Unknown players they start launches with small points to let you add the points and go for first then kick you out.
Some players with QL they start the launch with small points and they let you add points and kick you out.
If you know the player who kick you from the launch as member here in the forum talk to him and ask him why he did that, maybe you jump in a group of players they doing private launches.
Join who you know and you can communicate with them (y)

Jan0987

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03b27s4r
Username
Jan-
Hi @amyyy84 , 600 seems awfully close to 576. That's the common number for a captain wanting first place. It's possible that you exceeded that and got removed as soon as you went over 576, so that you did not take 1st place from him or her.

I don't know if you've seen it, but if you haven't, the guide is at the link below. The first post is pretty long, but it the middle of it (in the section "Launch Flight Basic Rules") it has the common rules/etiquette of space launches, though other people have their own rules which they post in their signature.
https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/the-space-program-green-blue-and-red-launch-flights.20076/

Unfortunately, you cannot get your items back (even if the captain wanted to give them back). :(

I had a launch last night that I figured I’d polish off this morning. I put in 634 from one account, and 574 each from my other two accounts and left it for people to jump in if they wanted to. A couple of thread members; @Meagansoroka and @brett22 understood and came along for the ride.
Someone else - John1988 - put in 986 and stole my 1st place; moving me to 2nd, 3rd and 4th. As he had already launched, I couldn’t boot him. John1988 is no longer my neighbor.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Ernesto3
Username
Ernesto3
I don’t really understand the reason for this rule either. But the rule is that the person who starts to collect points for a launch can kick everybody else out until the launch is done and that we just lose all our points if this is done.

If you don’t know that rule you will often do the mistake to attempt to get a first place in front of the starter. But this is a mistake because the starter can always just kick you out (only until the launch is done though). Therefore just don’t join starters who only have put very few points into the planned launch because either the launch will often fail or you will likely be kicked out if you try to save the launch by investing more points in it than the starter has done.

I don’t really understand the reason for this rule either. But the rule is that the person who starts to collect points for a launch can kick everybody else out until the launch is done and that we just lose all our points if this is done.

If you don’t know that rule you will often do the mistake to attempt to get a first place in front of the starter. But this is a mistake because the starter can always just kick you out (only until the launch is done though). Therefore just don’t join starters who only have put very few points into the planned launch because either the launch will often fail or you will likely be kicked out if you try to save the launch by investing more points in it than the starter has done.
Or much, much better (as it has been said several times already) join only launches of people you know and ask the starter for their rules. Don't jump into a launch not knowing the rules of the starter unless you only join with very low number of points.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Ernesto3
Username
Ernesto3
Or much, much better (as it has been said several times already) join only launches of people you know and ask the starter for their rules. Don't jump into a launch not knowing the rules of the starter unless you only join with very low number of points.
I have only once met another launch where the starter suddenly just kicked everybody out no matter that many of them only had added few points to the launch. I know the advice about only joining people you know. But to me it seems that this isn’t necessesary and only limits your options way too much such that you maybe will have to wait many days before you can join anybody.

What I don’t understand is instead people who start their own launch with only very few points and who still only have put 200-300 points into the launch many hours later. Maybe they don’t know this rule about kicking people out? But I do and I would never join such a launch because it will usually just fail or I would likely be kicked out if I tried to save it. So I only join launches where people already have put a lot of points into the launch. Otherwise I wait until I can put more than half of the points into a launch which I then start myself.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Ernesto3
Username
Ernesto3
And btw: Imagine that I start a new launch and is called to my phone when I have put 500 points into this new launch. Imagine then that when I after speaking on the phone return to the game I then discover that you have put 1700 points into my launch such that it now already has 2200 points out of the required 3000 points. This means that you have hijacked my launch such that I can’t get my intended first place anymore. Then I will always just kick you out no matter if I know you or not (and keep your points anyway just as the rules for this game allows)!

But just don’t hijack my launches and I will never kick you out no matter who you are (unless I need to pay you back for kicking me out of an earlier launch) :)

I have only once met another launch where the starter suddenly just kicked everybody out no matter that many of them only had added few points to the launch. I know the advice about only joining people you know. But to me it seems that this isn’t necessesary and only limits your options way too much such that you maybe will have to wait many days before you can join anybody.

What I don’t understand is instead people who start their own launch with only very few points and who still only have put 200-300 points into the launch many hours later. Maybe they don’t know this rule about kicking people out? But I do and I would never join such a launch because it will usually just fail or I would likely be kicked out if I tried to save it. So I only join launches where people already have put a lot of points into the launch. Otherwise I wait until I can put more than half of the points into a launch which I then start myself.
Some people start launches and fill very slowly using the small items so it goes up very slowly. Its done deliberately. If their game name says don't join, join at your peril.

There are lots of different ways to play this game, as there are different ways to launch. Waiting for forum launches you don't wait days, as you seem to think. They come in waves. At the moment a lot of people are doing the event, so not launching. A lot of people only have forum neighbours. It reduces the chance of being hijacked, but nowhere are you 100% safe.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins

Very sorry to read about your removal from a launch, it is never a pleasant experience, when you are new to the space program. I would like to suggest you read through the following user guide, not just the section on basic launch flight rules, suggested earlier on, but the user guide as a whole. It is somewhat long to read through, but well worth it.. It was written with new members in mind, those who are new to the space program.

The Space Program - Green, Blue and Red Launch Flights
www.airportcitygame.com/threads/the-space-program-green-blue-and-red-launch-flights.20076/

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

And btw: Imagine that I start a new launch and is called to my phone when I have put 500 points into this new launch. Imagine then that when I after speaking on the phone return to the game I then discover that you have put 1700 points into my launch such that it now already has 2200 points out of the required 3000 points. This means that you have hijacked my launch such that I can’t get my intended first place anymore. Then I will always just kick you out no matter if I know you or not (and keep your points anyway just as the rules for this game allows)!

But just don’t hijack my launches and I will never kick you out no matter who you are (unless I need to pay you back for kicking me out of an earlier launch) :)

If you only put 500 points in a launch and then boot me for adding 1700 I guarantee we wouldn’t be neighbors much longer. The time it would take me to add 1700 points means you’re not serious about taking first place.

It’s not a universal rule (and it won’t apply to non Forum neighbors) but if you want first in your launch then put 576 in it. Better yet put 50% + 181 points so it’s impossible to get overtaken. For a red that’s a lot of points but it’s the only foolproof way to avoid a hijacking. I’ll usually not even post my launch (if I do) until I put in what I want.

Others have mentioned this but you’ll never have issues if you launch only with fellow forum members. Another option is to find or start a launch group to better spread out the cost of a launch.

This last comment isnt directed to you or anyone in particular...but I feel I need to say it. I understand launch resources are pretty limited but I have seen lot of newer people that feel like they always have to take first place. You can earn a lot of resources just sitting back and putting in 96 - 216 points (especially for red launches). It lets you stretch out your resources and you can develop a group of people who are more willing to support your launches

I’ll get off my soapbox now :D

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Ernesto3
Username
Ernesto3
If you only put 500 points in a launch and then boot me for adding 1700 I guarantee we wouldn’t be neighbors much longer. The time it would take me to add 1700 points means you’re not serious about taking first place.

It’s not a universal rule (and it won’t apply to non Forum neighbors) but if you want first in your launch then put 576 in it. Better yet put 50% + 181 points so it’s impossible to get overtaken. For a red that’s a lot of points but it’s the only foolproof way to avoid a hijacking. I’ll usually not even post my launch (if I do) until I put in what I want.

Others have mentioned this but you’ll never have issues if you launch only with fellow forum members. Another option is to find or start a launch group to better spread out the cost of a launch.

This last comment isnt directed to you or anyone in particular...but I feel I need to say it. I understand launch resources are pretty limited but I have seen lot of newer people that feel like they always have to take first place. You can earn a lot of resources just sitting back and putting in 96 - 216 points (especially for red launches). It lets you stretch out your resources and you can develop a group of people who are more willing to support your launches

I’ll get off my soapbox now :D
My point was that if you add 1700 points to a launch where the starter only had added 500 points then you have a huge risk of being kicked out. I have seen this happen several times and I also tried something similar myself before I discovered that the starter could kick people out. So my rule is to never put more points into a launch than the starter put in. That way you will usually never be kicked out.

I got my 500 neighbors in the game and not in the forum here. So I don’t know how big difference this makes. But I usually have one or two launches every day. So I know how this usually works. To write with people here in the forum and wait for them to agree about when to launch just isn’t my way of playing because I play other games too and can’t be in this forum all day long.

I rarely takes a first place in a launch. But I usually go for second or third and I don’t like to get lower than that (and rarely am). To go for a first place is something I usually only do if I have so many resources that I almost can make the launch myself without any help from others.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Ernesto3
Username
Ernesto3
Some people start launches and fill very slowly using the small items so it goes up very slowly. Its done deliberately. If their game name says don't join, join at your peril.

There are lots of different ways to play this game, as there are different ways to launch. Waiting for forum launches you don't wait days, as you seem to think. They come in waves. At the moment a lot of people are doing the event, so not launching. A lot of people only have forum neighbours. It reduces the chance of being hijacked, but nowhere are you 100% safe.
I know because as mentioned I usually launch once or twice a day. (Twice only is somebody speeds the launch up.)

I have about 500 friends and they were all found in the game at random. So finding a launch isn’t difficult. But many of them are of the type where a few people only have put maybe 400-500 points into them after 12 to 20 hours. I would never join such a launch because it will almost certainly fail.

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
@Ernesto3

From Mimi (Rocky's spoiler).

In life , we have the ''Body Language''

In the game, we have the ''Launch Language''. It means that the players don't have to write or read when they are launching. Yes, there are Launches Rules and even if you agree, disagree, like, unlike, those rules are there to stay. It took a lot of time to finally find an easy way to launch by sharing between players, giving the chance to all of us to take the Captain Seat, to reach some goals, to help others to reach their goals. This is not ''Just a Game'', this is ''One for All and All for One'' game.

So, if you want to launch and have the first, 2nd or 3rd place with 500 points and if a player is adding 1700 pts cause that player wants to help you and you think that he is hijacking your launch, it would be a good thing to write beside your username ''Iwantolaunchalone'', or you can write ''Dontjoinmylaunch''. This way all the players will know that you want to have the first place and if you have 2 support accounts, all the players will know that you want the first, the 2nd and the 3rd places with all your accounts. You will have the complete control of your launches.

Thanks for all the big players (the list is too long to write names) who helped and still helping a lot of players to achieve a lot of goals in the game by sharing, by supporting launches with a lot of points, by giving us the chance to launch many times daily with QLS and all of that became possible with the 576 points rule without talking to each other. There is nothing you can do about it, the rule is there to stay and I agree.

My game wouldn't be the same game without all of you guys and girls. Thanks to all.

Mimi

Jan0987

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03b27s4r
Username
Jan-
... it would be a good thing to write beside your username ''Iwantolaunchalone'', or you can write ''Dontjoinmylaunch''. This way all the players will know that you want to have the first place and if you have 2 support accounts, all the players will know that you want the first, the 2nd and the 3rd places with all your accounts. You will have the complete control of your launches.

Excluding the folks who don't read in English. I have many neighbors with game names in alphabets or character sets that I don't recognize. (Maybe there's a forum in some non-Western country that has their own launch rules - I wouldn't be aware of it.)

And there's only 16 characters available for a game name, so "Iwantolaunchalone" would be 1 character too long, and "Dontjoinmylaunch" would just fit exactly (and then you wouldn't recognize your neighbor). At least this seems to be the case on my platform.

And I recall a post where someone appended something like "Iwant1st" to their game name, but was hijacked anyway, whether on purpose or inadvertantly we don't' know.

If you think a non forum neighbor is going to understand what this means then you’re kidding yourselves. There’s a reason why many people setup support accounts solely for rocket launches

Back when I had non forum members I could say I wanted a Landing Lamp and in 20-30 gifts I’d get two of them. Heck, I have this problem with a couple of my forum neighbors as well but at least I can talk to them about it.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Ernesto3
Username
Ernesto3
I have friends too who write their names with Cyrillic, Japanese, Chinese or Korean letters. But this doesn’t necessarily mean that they can’t read English too because most people in the whole world understand at least some English nowadays.

The point in my earlier message wasn’t really that I fear to be hijacked or kicked out because this usually doesn’t happen with the way I play and it only happened once or twice before I to my surprise discovered that kicking out other gamers and keeping their points anyway is a part of the rules for this game. It doesn’t usually happen anymore for me at all.

But I still wonder why so many other gamers start even a red launch without putting more than at most 500 points into it even after 12 to 20 hours? Those gamers seem to just hope that somebody unknown will join them and put all the remaining points in and even though that actually happens some times they must have a huge number of failed launches!

Beside that they prevent themselves from joining much better launches when they start their own without putting points into it. So I guess that they just don’t understand how this game works?

And I still don’t join such launches even if I am able to put the remaining maybe 2500 points into the launch myself because I also have seen several times that the starter then kick out all other gamers who put more points into the launch than the starter did himself. Therefore my advice to you just is: don’t join such launches!

Top Bottom