Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Phantom Menace / Prometheus Launches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
8kz4tg
Username
Sky Ranger
Actually, the person is a forum user. I have refrained from putting their name in here (although you can see who it was in the launch). Of the 5 that have scooped my launches, 4 have been from this forum. I have deleted all of them as friends.

I'm so mad at myself about the whole thing too. I had about 200 in the launch when it was joined and scooped and I continued to put in another 300 before it occurred to me that I didn't want to help the jerk. Clearly, he quickly threw in a couple of PEBs really quickly.
Sorry to hear this is happening to you... Again!!! ...even though you clearly state that you want/need the first place gold.
Unfortunately, just deleting these greedy neighbors will not prevent them from joining your future launches. If you are still in their neighbor list, they will see that you have initiated a launch and will be able to join in and swipe the gold from you. :mad:
It would be better for you to find a friendly neighbor here in the forum that is willing to start a launch, let you join, and get the gold! ;)

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Actually, the person is a forum user. I have refrained from putting their name in here (although you can see who it was in the launch). Of the 5 that have scooped my launches, 4 have been from this forum. I have deleted all of them as friends.

I'm so mad at myself about the whole thing too. I had about 200 in the launch when it was joined and scooped and I continued to put in another 300 before it occurred to me that I didn't want to help the jerk. Clearly, he quickly threw in a couple of PEBs really quickly.

Just noticed this thread... I would go ahead and name them... :cool: - so everone else knows - unless it was me :cautious: Doh!! then I am sorry... if not let me know and I will see if I can jump into their launchs and steal gold... - but it will only probably leave them with silvers every time!! may not be the desiered effect...

I tried to do some organised launches but never got it off the ground properly...

may be something we could all join together and look into...

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
8kz4tg
Username
Sky Ranger
Just noticed this thread... I would go ahead and name them... :cool: - so everone else knows - unless it was me :cautious: Doh!! then I am sorry... if not let me know and I will see if I can jump into their launchs and steal gold... - but it will only probably leave them with silvers every time!! may not be the desiered effect...

I tried to do some organised launches but never got it off the ground properly...

may be something we could all join together and look into...
Here is my suggestion/idea for an organized (private) launch...
  • Contact your selected forum neighbor(s) via Private Messaging to announce your "private" launch (and desired placement...gold/silver/bronze)
  • Establish a "code word" to use as a temporary, "fake" username
  • Change your username to that "code word" and then initiate the launch (The selected forum members will see the "fake" username and know which launch to join...hopefully, others will not join)
  • Change your username back to your original, so that other neighbors can identify you for gifting purposes
*This is an untested theory, but may be a way to help our forum friends like Chloe11111 finally get the gold :joyful: Good Luck!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
  • Contact your selected forum neighbor(s) via Private Messaging to announce your "private" launch (and desired placement...gold/silver/bronze)
  • Change your username to that "code word" and then initiate the launch (The selected forum members will see the "fake" username and know which launch to join...hopefully, others will not join)
  • Change your username back to your original, so that other neighbors can identify you for gifting purposes
*This is an untested theory, but may be a way to help our forum friends like Chloe11111 finally get the gold :joyful: Good Luck!

This has been used by myself.
The name change does not always work, especially if you have a distinctive Avatar, also when you change it back this sometimes has lets new launchers see the new name not the name that you launched it under.
Also note that certain neighbours who have been deleted by me still join and hijack my launch.:mad:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
8kz4tg
Username
Sky Ranger
This has been used by myself.
The name change does not always work, especially if you have a distinctive Avatar, also when you change it back this sometimes has lets new launchers see the new name not the name that you launched it under.
Also note that certain neighbours who have been deleted by me still join and hijack my launch.:mad:
Ooops...I forgot about the dang Avatars :facepalm:
And, you're right, some of them are quite "distinctive" ...I'm looking at you, Pepe Le Pew.
Although the same could easily be said about mine...which is basically a Blow Up Doll (insert your own joke here about my personal life and/or "flying on auto-pilot") :bag:
And now, back to the orginal (although sometimes boring) thread to announce your Prometheus Launch...

Reactions: tdv

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans

FYI- iOS users cannot change their usernames.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Chloe11111 : I have joined your launch and launched with only a few points to add. Dunno who erb22 is, and very close to your points so I decided to just launch it to ensure your gold :p. Normally I'd wait for people to come in and grab easy bronzes though.. and let them finish it off.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Chloe11111 : I have joined your launch and launched with only a few points to add. Dunno who erb22 is, and very close to your points so I decided to just launch it to ensure your gold :p. Normally I'd wait for people to come in and grab easy bronzes though.. and let them finish it off.
Thanks. Erb22 is billsnj and he is friendly and stopped at that point purposely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom