Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

No more City Building games

Amit Choudhary

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
23zevsx0
Username
AM_Event Items
Airport City is the only game I've played for the longest duration(2 years continuously).
It has taken lots of effort to build the whole city. Those players who invested their 4-5yrs into this game understand this even better, and I'm really feeling bad for such players.
After the "100 limit" & GI's "game balance" BS, extinction of this game seems inevitable.
And I wish it happens. Coz GI, you AREN'T LISTENING TO YOUR LOYAL PLAYERS & RESPECTING THEIR SENTIMENTS towards this game.
This was the first ever city building game I played in my life & will be the last one.
And yes, of course I'm angry against the ignorance of GI. They just ruined whole plan every player had for this game.
The day my game will crash I'll uninstall it with no second thought.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
At some point, all of us will either lose a device, need to update the device or game will crash and need a game reset code. Which means eventually we will all have 100 limit and many of us will be robbed of our hard-earned flight items, collections and bonuses. When that time comes too, that might be it for me. Or heck, why bother to continue since we know it will all come to an end, anyway?

Right now, we have to be extra careful of our devices not to have it get broken or lost. Seriously, we shouldn't have to feel this way...I'm still praying that G!/Road 404, whichever, will come to its senses. They are destroying their reputation. This is the internet age. Word comes around really fast.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
At some point, all of us will either lose a device, need to update the device or game will crash and need a game reset code. Which means eventually we will all have 100 limit and many of us will be robbed of our hard-earned flight items, collections and bonuses. When that time comes too, that might be it for me. Or heck, why bother to continue since we know it will all come to an end, anyway?.

Totally agree it is a question of trust for me, and I no longer trust GI. I don't trust them to do the right thing by their players, I don't trust them manage updates in a professional manner and I don't trust them to do anything other than chase the $$$$.

I haven't spent any money on the game since this update and I will never spend any again, when the games becomes boring because I can't progress in a reasonable way, then I will delete it.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20xifb0i
Username
mcscottblood
Totally agree this game is now dead, the current updates and the limitations they are putting on new users (and us eventually) is ridiculous. Don't event get me started on the amount of flights you need to do to complete alliance missions when your on level 75, but there is light at the end of the tunnel...

As a games developer by trade, I have decided to start dedicating some of my spare time to creating my own airport plane landing city building type of game in unity and c#. At the moment I am just planning out the features I want, but I can guarantee there will no greenies or coins purchases required, it will be fully supported by watch one single advert a day (30 second one), it will work on all devices (unity supports this really well) and the challenge will be in expanding your city and stopping people from leaving it for your neighbours cities.

I fully plan on building in weekly \ daily and monthly tasks for all to complete with the top 10 or maybe 50 depending on users getting some form of reward that you cannot get any other way.

I also plan on making it a bit harder to do things rather than the boring click and collect (stolen from argos) style that airport city has become, for example if you want a new faster plane, then you will need to have the facilities setup to manufacture them or buy them from a neighbour who is selling them (using the inbuilt virtual currency that you will build up).

It is many many months away from even being in a playable state, but I am now sick of in game purchases to make games more playable, so time I did something about it.

P.s. if anyone is any good with graphics, then please get in touch as that is very much my weak spot and although I can buy them from the unity asset store, would be much better if people could chip in and help me with things such as 3D buildings and terrains. (maya or 3D smax)

:)

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
@Scott Blood I still think you'll need in game purchases to be able to help you more not only financially but also to improve and/or maintain the game. Rather than thinking we need in game purchases to make the game playable, you can make it so that in game purchases make players advance their games faster. Just look at this forum for example, many players are happy to support developers if the game is great and the devs are fair to their customers.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20xifb0i
Username
mcscottblood
@Red Fox One you make a very fair point mate and I will keep it in my thoughts, I suppose without money hosting this thing will be personally costly to me, might setup a go fund me site in the future.

On another note @Gt city are you able to recommend a forum on the site where I can create a thread to keep people updated on this, post screen shots and get feedback?

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Airport City is one of GI's game that launch to the TOP.
Many games are failed....
So, Imagine it with no money come in.

STOP PAY REAL MONEY.
Please don't mind but as already mentioned, 100 Limit is not for old player's and if they get it then they can contact support and get it lifted off and they can continue playing.
So now if player's stop buying green's etc and giving bad reviews etc then GI won't get the money to develop the game and it's development can get paused/stopped. It will be the player's who will loose the fun, GI will continue to exist.
Giving bad reviews and promoting not to spend real money even after they are coming up with a solution.
You guys want AC to be fun while you are damaging the game a lot yourself.

facepalm_80_anim_gif.gif

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
The thrill is gone, definitely gone for me. :( Everything has become a chore. When I visit neighbors I'm lucky to get 5 collections a day, thank goodness for the castles & rocket gardens, I may get 8 collections. This means I have to collect all week (and pray for PEBs) to get a couple launches in. The other way to get fuel? I belong to 2 fuel rings, another boring task to add to my list.

@AJ how dare you say "WE" (paying customers) are taking the fun out of the game! :mad: We supported them and what did we get? Every time we turn around another "good bug" is fixed, and I'm sure you take much of the credit for this, Enjoy it while it lasts b/c soon, there will only be newbies and the fun, great game will be nothing but a memory.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
First warning.

This thread is being monitored by the admins.

I understand everyone is frustrated with the way the game is going but everyone has the right to express their opinion.

If you diagree with someone else`s opinion, make your point but not get into an argument on who is right or wrong and no name calling.

Otherwise this thread and any other on the subject will be closed without warning.

Device
  1. Android
Please don't mind but as already mentioned, 100 Limit is not for old player's and if they get it then they can contact support and get it lifted off and they can continue playing.
So now if player's stop buying green's etc and giving bad reviews etc then GI won't get the money to develop the game and it's development can get paused/stopped. It will be the player's who will loose the fun, GI will continue to exist.
Giving bad reviews and promoting not to spend real money even after they are coming up with a solution.
I have been playing the game since 2012.
Here what I can remember some changes in the game :
1. Max building changed from Max 10 to Max 6. We reacted but we understand, at that time the game had limitation in expanding land. We asked more lands, and given after years. We accepted the change as logic if we cant add the land, reduce the buildings.
2. We can collect as many experiences, and when the new levels released, we leveled up to the max directly. You know experience was one of our Crown too. We used to compare each other's experiences to compare which one better. But experience was limited to leveling players so we all can start at the same point. Darek was one of the most angry player at that time as he had a lot of experiences. We understand the change and accepted.
3. We can finished event instantly, because we have so many collections. No we cant. Some players,including me, just collect and not complete now. So when next event next year we can complete again.

And maybe some changes that I dont mention here like daily tasks, alliance tasks.
We love challenges, even I dont complain when new destinations for new 2 towers only 2% with GD, D, SC and SG.
Thank you for all the challenge and I will try to finish every challenge you make.
All players do wanna try.
Some say Daily tasks are impossible task, but I finish it day by day with success.
I also finish the first alliance tasks, 3 tasks, last week.

This week, I got 500 flights to Varanasi.
I had 200 Spare propeller at the beggining of the week.
Till this thursday, I did 422 flights to Shanghai, you can see in the world map, and atm I am rank 1 in Shanghai.
Now I have 354 and I need about 150 Spare Prop more to finish my task.
I will keep fly to Shanghai till tommorow before do the task, and I will pay with my greens to buy proppeler to complete it.
Maybe pay more to get 10 items so I can build London tower after fly to 25 new destinations.
I also plan to sell 3 Condors in Sunday and buy 3 Condors again in Monday, just to get small planes' new destinations to London Tower.
I throw away 4.5 million coins for that.
This is what I call strategy.
Can you imagine this with 100 limit in my game?

The game is like babies to me.
Everyday I bring 7 phones everywhere, to give gifts for my neighbors.
Sometime during my lunch, or meeting, or toilet......
And sometime I get too busy with my work so I just open the game and fly planes and back to work or I dont even open the game and have to make time at night before I sleep only for gifting.
This is what I call strategy.
Imagine me without my game?
Can I live without it?
6 games yes, I have 6 games.
So please, dont tell me to be patient about my games' future.
If I feel no hope with the games, I better stop now.
I feel no guarantee about my games' future.
I spend some money yes, even I did it behind my wife, using her credit card and be ready in the end of the month to listen her bla bla bla bla bla..........

100 Limit is not Limitation.
100 Limit is unplayable.
With all the resources I have now, the game cant be played.
And impossible to finish every task.
Do we have to finish every task?
No we dont.
But we dont like to not finish those tasks, and listening all the cheaters and back upers teaching us how to play the game correctly.
Like I dont know what they are doing.
Your limitation, push us the player to the bottom and let all the cheaters and backupers judge us, everyday, everyweek.
Now without any backup trick, I can stand and talk to them proudly, I can do too fairly.
I can do with my way, my strategy and my time fairly to finish every task.
And this limitation do not effect them at all.
So to me enough is enough.
When I get limit, I will uninstall it.
I want to remember the game as a great one.
And I want to be remembered as one who can achieve everything.

Spending real money or not, is up to developer.
I dont want to spend our money anymore as no guarantee for our future.
Old players are not enough.
Maybe for some of us are difficult to grow without spending real money.
But I can.
And I will spend again if you guarantee limit is gone.

Remember, we are mobile players.
We spend more time than others platform.
We can live without our wallet, but we cant live without our phone.
You may success with FB platform, but if you fail in mobile platform, is a huge lost.
We play more, we eat and play, we talk and play, we toilet and play, we play anytime anywhere.
And we cant live with 100.
Maybe we can with 1000 but not 100.
There is no purpose to limit us, we collect, and use them when we have more spare time.
Please limit the cheater.
And dont tell us you have limitation to keep the game can be played offline.
Maybe its time to make it online, we may accept online.
As long as cheaters gone, we are happy to play online.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99

maybe... just maybe G$ is feeling the displeasure of it's players and supporters?

1. Make changes that make people want to support you. Get rid of the stupid, annoying popups that take my greens or make me watch a video because I clicked it. Get rid of the 100 limit for ALL players. New players become old players at some point.

2. Make people want to spend money. They did a good job with the balloon, the metro buildings, etc.

3. Make changes that make people want to play. Impossible tasks, spending billions for an upgrade, a 1000 flights for a star don't encourage but discourages players does not make them want to play.
Maybe introduce 5 stars for the longer flights or come up with a mars mission that's feasible.

We want AC to be fun but the changes make it not fun therefore we don't support.
It's simple: Make the players happy -> They spend money -> They promote the game.

Top Bottom