Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

No CBM In 2 Years. What Now?

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
I actually think there is now a fundamental flaw with the game.

If there are rankings it is competitive, and for a competitive strategy game to work well it needs to be your time and strategy that gains results. Which needs an even playing field.

But it isn't an even playing field. Subscriptions knocked a big hole in that, as does the use of fuel rings. Introducing the 100 item limit will not make it an even playing field.

The problem with diminishing the strategy part of a strategic game is that what you are left with is the addictive quality. Relying on the addictive element of a game (the human need to nurture, in this case develop out cities) ignores the human need to compete. Without both, we soon become bored and look for other challenges.

I wouldn't want to be the person balancing Revenue and Game Play, and it needs a balance. If you go to the extreme and say a one-off purchase of $50 for magic fairy dust that gives you unlimited fuel, coins, greenies, silver & gold tokens, would make the game chronically boring.

I think the balance isn't there at the moment, it needs a level playing field, but a 100 item limit won't achieve that, but it is probably a good step without directly impacting revenue.

The missing piece of the jigsaw for me is 'why was the 100 item limit introduced in the first place'?

Last edited:
I have been forced to think why i play this game. It took me 2 goes before i stuck with it. The conclusion i have come to is that it actually has very little to do with the game itself. It comes down to the people you fly with, the alliances your in, the competition in the destination ranks. Getting past an event so you can go back to something more interesting. If i wasn't flying with good, honest people in my alliance I'd have given up. The big problem isn't 100 limit, its that noone can send messages in game. We are spoilt on here as we can get into a forum based alliance which then communicates and can set commom goals. Thats why there are a lot of us in the top groups. Communication. Gi would do better to concentrate on that, rather than a 100 limut that will lose way more than it ever gain. I am joining the ranks of "no more Google Play vouchers" for me.
Shame, they would have done better to "ask the players".

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
I have been forced to think why i play this game. It took me 2 goes before i stuck with it. The conclusion i have come to is that it actually has very little to do with the game itself. It comes down to the people you fly with, the alliances your in, the competition in the destination ranks. Getting past an event so you can go back to something more interesting. If i wasn't flying with good, honest people in my alliance I'd have given up. The big problem isn't 100 limit, its that noone can send messages in game. We are spoilt on here as we can get into a forum based alliance which then communicates and can set commom goals. Thats why there are a lot of us in the top groups. Communication. Gi would do better to concentrate on that, rather than a 100 limut that will lose way more than it ever gain. I am joining the ranks of "no more Google Play vouchers" for me.
Shame, they would have done better to "ask the players".
Good to see such a positive perspective. So many people focus on the game they forget that belonging to the playing community is a crucial part of keeping people playing a game that is admittedly addictive and challenging, but is equally painfully slow and particularly frustrating. I remain with my alliance not because it is the best, but because I enjoy the comradeship, support, and communication. This Forum provides us all with an excellent communication group with likeminded players of our favourite game.

The anger, distress and frustration of those players without the 100 item warehouse limit (at the thought of having it imposed on their favourite game) is understandable and justified. But it would be good if they remained within our community here, even whilst playing out their protests to GI. Love your company guys. :)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I have 400 gold and 8000 silver .. am in two minds to get the reserve hangar 2 .. knowing my luck, I'll make the spend and CBM will start .. what do you guys reckon I should do?
No guarantee it would start, but I would keep 300 stored away just in case it does.

Top Bottom