Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New Events SUCK!!!

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
We don't know about the rest of you, but my wife and I were so frustrated with this last event that we just stopped doing it with any seriousness. At least with the last formats, you could purchase Spy Glasses as you worked for them, and the end prize wasn't PATHETIC. But this last event takes the cake. Terrible drop rates, terrible end reward, etc. There was nothing that inspired us to keep going, with the one exception of working towards stars (which were also pretty unobtainable). In all, we hated this Event; which is really sad, because last year we really enjoyed this Event. Oh well, I guess G! has just completely dropped the ball.

At least all our neighbors are awesome. :)

Peace,
Christopher & Mary

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
With the new event format, I just do what I can to finish the task and get the forum badge. I don't know if I will continue doing so or not since there is no real benefit for my game.

For the progress level, if I can get to progress lv.20 to get the building, great. If not, I won't lose my sleep over it. At least this time it was possible to reach lv.20 without grinding too hard. Before this one, with the same effort, I barely got to lv.15.

I don't like it either, but I still have a couple goals that I want to get in this game. Event is not very important for my goals. Maybe the stars would be nice, but with 1000 heli flights for this event, yeah no thanks. 1 star is good enough. Won't try too hard to 3 star those heli destinations.

RicoB92

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Mrricob992
Username
A A EarplugF20
I do enjoy the new format. When I make it to lvl 20 I’ll buy premium, if not, that’s fine too, no premium then. I’ve never been much of an event flyer, that grew because of this new format. Though I can understand others don’t like the format and rather have the old format.

For the events lately, there seems to be more grinding necessary. I don't like that really.
However, I did enjoy last event. I like the Gaming Studios and also liked the end reward. The drop rates on helicopter weren't great, but then again you could use ads to upgrade your Game Studio which worked fine (if you were not playing on windows..)

GI just need to be careful they're not pushing it to grinding too much, because then a lot of players will start losing interest

Martin L.

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03uw7nw18
Username
Martin L.
I'm sure the feeling of "grinding" comes from helicopter flights. Most people don't like them to begin with and being forced to do them to complete an event would turn people off the event.
Very true, I realised the drop rates were awful and did the minimum that I could. Got a couple of new stars out of it, but did not bother much towards the end of the event,

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Very true, I realised the drop rates were awful and did the minimum that I could. Got a couple of new stars out of it, but did not bother much towards the end of the event,
I was flying for stars - got 1 star on all sparrow and crossbill destinations and on two goldfinch locations.

Honestly, I like this new event system it made my financial choices easier. At the beginning of my playing days I used to spend up to 75% of my fun money on this game, then I had an awful encounter with Elizabeth from support then I adjusted my spending to just 50%. My spending went to just 10% after v7 release with its awful draconian limit then eventually the camel's back was broken when my game suddenly acted funny and I was accused of all sorts of things. After my game was restored I further increased my fun money spending to 0% and the new event system cemented and exonerated my spending with its pay to finish system.

As for clicking ad nauseum, I'm not that desperate for platinum chests or S3 planes these can be achieved easily through normal game play and I choose the game play route.

I love my heinekens and I will not spend a cent until I see some reforms, but until then I will spend 100% of my fun money on heinekens. This was an easy choice and decision thanks to G!.

Last edited:
Top Bottom