Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New "Edge of Tomorrow" Collections

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
After completing the Dark Skies quest, I sent my seven Jumbos back to Beverly Hills in hope of finally getting a Futuristic Dress drop. The first landing gave me two, courtesy of a Golden Dice. Hopefully, when the seven land again tomorrow morning, I will get a third and can move on to another Edge of Tomorrow destination.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Got the third (and fourth) Futuristic Dress drop from Beverly Hills and earned the Showroom:
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Will keep the Showroom in my Warehouse until GI gives us land expansions.
Today on to Glasgow in search of the Nightclub.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Quick callculation: when I keep my 4 S1 Giants I can fly with 7 Jumbo's. That means 14 flights with 1 map. So to reach 3 stars I need at least 9 maps of each destination. 35 Lunar launches with first place to go........
Oke, where do I miscalculate....
100 (at the start)+ 60*17 (hours) = 1120 fuel available
14*48 = 672 fuel
1120-672=448 unused fuel.... Is at least 3 times speed up with fuel (one less in regular)

but this is at least 16 flights with 7 planes, not using the fuel station and guestplanes.
Tom, How much fuel is speeding up with fuel ?

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Oke, where do I miscalculate....
100 (at the start)+ 60*17 (hours) = 1120 fuel available
14*48 = 672 fuel
1120-672=448 unused fuel.... Is at least 3 times speed up with fuel (one less in regular)

but this is at least 16 flights with 7 planes, not using the fuel station and guestplanes.
Tom, How much fuel is speeding up with fuel ?
It takes 90 to speed a plane. Yes, I use a Vintage Weathervane for most of these flights. (I got lots of them when GI had that bonus bug a while ago. Plus many from my collectible buildings back when they dropped useful items.)
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Yesterday was Glasgow and out of 14 flights I got eight items for the Moonwalk Collection using a Golden Dice, including one complete set. Today it's back to Glasgow in search of the Nightclub.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Yesterday's Glasgow run was disappointing. I bought two Golden Dice for the two sets of landings and got one drop out of 16 flights. I still need two Smart Cleats to earn the Nightclub. Glasgow again today, this time without Golden Dice.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
My last Glasgow run was disappointing for the second day in a row. I did get one Smart Cleats, which gave me two of the three collections necessary for the Nightclub; but only two other drops in 18 landings. No Golden Dice this time, just a Sky Captain. Only two maps left to Glasgow. Hopefully, the next series of flights will be more productive.
UPDATE: I sent off my first seven Glasgow flights. When my fuel hit the max of 100, I had a hunch and brought the seventh plane in early. Voila! It dropped a Smart Cleats. So I got the Nightclub right away:
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Still going to get as many flights in as possible before moving on to another city. Glasgow has two stars now and 59 more flights (yikes!) to get the third.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I tried a new technique that works quite well for these long flights. Normally, I use Fuel in my Warehouse to get all seven of my Jumbos off the ground at the same time; that way it's easier to speed them up with Fuel Catalyst since they all come due at the same time. And I can set a timer for five plus hours and leave the game for other endeavors.
But with these long flights, there's another way without using Warehouse Fuel, although you have to pay more attention to the game. With my fuel gauge at 100, I can fly two Jumbos right away. I used a Secret Faucet to speed up fuel delivery, but that's not absolutely necessary. In 24 minutes, when the fuel is at 48, I send off another Jumbo. Repeat until all Jumbos are in flight. Then, when the fuel gauge hits 90, I speed the last plane up and land it. When the fuel gauge hits 48, I set it off again. Repeat the speed up/wait/take off. You can use Fuel Catalysts if you want, but since most of the flights come due at different times, you have to set timers and be involved in the game much more frequently.
Anyway, I thought I would pass on this tip just in case it's useful for some of you.
Cheers,
Tom

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
I tried a new technique that works quite well for these long flights. Normally, I use Fuel in my Warehouse to get all seven of my Jumbos off the ground at the same time; that way it's easier to speed them up with Fuel Catalyst since they all come due at the same time. And I can set a timer for five plus hours and leave the game for other endeavors.
But with these long flights, there's another way without using Warehouse Fuel, although you have to pay more attention to the game. With my fuel gauge at 100, I can fly two Jumbos right away. I used a Secret Faucet to speed up fuel delivery, but that's not absolutely necessary. In 24 minutes, when the fuel is at 48, I send off another Jumbo. Repeat until all Jumbos are in flight. Then, when the fuel gauge hits 90, I speed the last plane up and land it. When the fuel gauge hits 48, I set it off again. Repeat the speed up/wait/take off. You can use Fuel Catalysts if you want, but since most of the flights come due at different times, you have to set timers and be involved in the game much more frequently.
Anyway, I thought I would pass on this tip just in case it's useful for some of you.
Cheers,
Tom

What exactly does Secret fuel do? I have used it before but I did not notice anything it does. Another thing to keep in mind, use endless barrel. Start it 1 hour 40 minutes before you take off. Now you can get 4 jumbo's off at once. When going to other destinations I use it. Example when I send 10 planes to Siena, 1 hour 40 minutes before I take them off I start it. Then it is good for 4 planes. Then I use additional fuel in storage. (I also use weathervane) Then they are off for about 4 hours. In the mean time my fuel has built up again to 200. So for 4 greenies I get about 250 fuel. Otherwise they sell 150 fuel for 10 greenies.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
What exactly does Secret fuel do? I have used it before but I did not notice anything it does. Another thing to keep in mind, use endless barrel. Start it 1 hour 40 minutes before you take off. Now you can get 4 jumbo's off at once. When going to other destinations I use it. Example when I send 10 planes to Siena, 1 hour 40 minutes before I take them off I start it. Then it is good for 4 planes. Then I use additional fuel in storage. (I also use weathervane) Then they are off for about 4 hours. In the mean time my fuel has built up again to 200. So for 4 greenies I get about 250 fuel. Otherwise they sell 150 fuel for 10 greenies.

Chad Ladwig,
Bottomless Barrel doubles the maximum fuel in your fuel gauge for eight hours. So if your max is 100, like in your example, it lets you store up to 200 fuel units for eight hours.
Secret Faucet is a bonus that doubles the amount of fuel restored for eight hours. Normally, if your fuel gauge is at zero, it adds one unit every minute. With Secret Faucet, it adds two units every minute.
If you used both bonuses together, it would take only 100 minutes to go from zero fuel to 200 fuel rather than the normal 200 minutes.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
yesterday I flew Zagreb with four jumbo's. The day before I saved my 100 and started landing guestplanes.... When activating I had fuel to sent out three planes. I used 1fuel catalyst on these planes so they would be back after 14,5 hours (didn't want to bed to late) and sent them out again...
The forth plane made rounds... 48 out, 90 back, 48 out etc... The fuel came from the regular fuel, fuel station (mostly 10/h) and landing (ghost)guestplanes.

In total I managed 15 flights with 1 map. Didn't use warehouse fuel.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
Chad Ladwig,
Bottomless Barrel doubles the maximum fuel in your fuel gauge for eight hours. So if your max is 100, like in your example, it lets you store up to 200 fuel units for eight hours.
Secret Faucet is a bonus that doubles the amount of fuel restored for eight hours. Normally, if your fuel gauge is at zero, it adds one unit every minute. With Secret Faucet, it adds two units every minute.
If you used both bonuses together, it would take only 100 minutes to go from zero fuel to 200 fuel rather than the normal 200 minutes.
Cheers,
Tom
Thanks

R3d_F1v3

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04kf2sac
Username
R3d_F1v3
Cheers,
Tom
greensmith,
Great information. So if you were using this technique with 7 Jumbos, how many were you able to get done in the 17 hour period?

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
greensmith,
Great information. So if you were using this technique with 7 Jumbos, how many were you able to get done in the 17 hour period?

R3d_F1v3,
I honestly don't remember. I know I landed at least 14, maybe more, using no fuel from my Warehouse. It all depends on how often you want to monitor the fuel gauge. I did not monitor all the time during the 17-hour period. If someone is willing to do that, please let us all know!
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
R3d_F1v3,
I honestly don't remember. I know I landed at least 14, maybe more, using no fuel from my Warehouse. It all depends on how often you want to monitor the fuel gauge. I did not monitor all the time during the 17-hour period. If someone is willing to do that, please let us all know!
Cheers,
Tom
I did.... but mostly I put my alarm when I had to enter the game... next is fuelstation, or sending plane or speeding up. The rest of the time you don 't need to access the game.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Yesterday I took off for Potsdam and landed 29 planes on one map.
Here's how I did it:
I used a Vintage Weathervane to speed up the planes and a Secret Faucet to double my fuel output. I sent all seven of my Jumbos out at one time, using fuel from my Warehouse. When the fuel gauge hit 90, I brought the seventh plane home. When the fuel gauge hit 48, I sent it out again. I kept repeating this. When the time came, I speeded up my first six flights using Fuel Catalyst. When they landed, I sent them out again using fuel from my Warehouse. I kept repeating the in/out for my seventh plane. I speeded up my first six flights again. I sent them out for the last time using fuel from my Warehouse.
Using Golden Dice, I got 13 drops for the Signs of Fate Collection, including one full lineup.
Today I return to Potsdam hoping to get the right drops to earn the Public Library.
Cheers,
Tom

Top Bottom