Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General How to spend 200k gold

Southoftheborder

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ve9l34
Username
Southoftheborder
I'm in a quandary.......was saving up to upgrade control tower to lvl 5 so I can get a seventh hanger.

But, I'm running out of space (and I don't spend real money on the game), next land expansion is 200k.

Then I get to level 51 - now I can spend 200k on a lvl 6 runway (already turning away guest deltas!)

So which is it?

a) lvl 5 control tower;
b) Land expansion 16;
c) lvl 6 runway!

I would think everyone has their responsibilities straight.
For all you slackers I will repeat this one more time. :rage:
Go directly to your friendly neighborhood gold bullion
dealer. Purchase and transfer 200k gold bullion to my
account. Enjoy your sense of pride and accomplishment
for helping such a worthy cause. :cool:
This is by far the best use for 200k gold.

I'm in a quandary.......was saving up to upgrade control tower to lvl 5 so I can get a seventh hanger.

But, I'm running out of space (and I don't spend real money on the game), next land expansion is 200k.

Then I get to level 51 - now I can spend 200k on a lvl 6 runway (already turning away guest deltas!)

So which is it?

a) lvl 5 control tower;
b) Land expansion 16;
c) lvl 6 runway!
Are you get the free greenies every week ?
You can use it to buy land on sale
Runway L6 do you have falcon planes ? if you dont have this plane yet dont think about the runway L6

Control tower is good to upgrade it but then you need electricity then you need to build new hangar and add 1 more plane all this need items you have it from now before you upgrade.
If you not ready so save more and later do the upgrade by the way for me terminal upgrade important more than control tower.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Southoftheborder , if you start with "I have X, what do I spend it on", you'll have much trouble in life...
What you need is to identify what's holding you back and then think how to overcome that.

Why tower - Do you run out of planes to fly? Maybe you can change your flying pattern to use your fleet more efficiently?
Why land - Are you really running out of space? Maybe you're just using your current space inefficiently and trimming some junk will get you more space than 16 plots?
Why runway6 - Do you actually have a 500k Falcon to fly? Without owning any Falcons, fielding runway 6 is vanity.

You're certainly need to think it out, Deltas use lvl 4 runway. Runway 6 costs 800k, not 200. Are you trying to jump directly from lvl3 to lvl6?

@Southoftheborder , I had a look at your city.

It is unfortunate that you have built Cosmic Fuel Station & Duty free Shop. You have also built both Green & Blue Launch Pads, so you will not be able to build the Red Launch Pad due to space constraint.

You have also used the free 4x4 land to build the Helicopter buildings (H Terminal, Repair Base, Command Centre, Resource Base, Fuel Station H) + Metrological Lab. If these Helicopter buildings can be demolished, the land could probably be put to better use?

* My first choice would be upgrade Control Tower to build more hangars & earn more coins by flying more planes.
* Skipping L6 runway is an option. Money would be better used to upgrade MCC & build a Red Launch Pad.
* You many also want to store your non-essential buildings & build more coin producing buildings.
* 4 Car Dealerships are more profitable than 4 Bowling Alleys.
* You only have 1 flight catering. You will need like 6 Catering Facilities when you start flying Jumbos.

Southoftheborder

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ve9l34
Username
Southoftheborder
@Bali Hi, thanks for your detailed response - just what I wanted.

Already sold cosmic fuel station - but stuck with duty free shop - does anyone actually use them?

Helicopters were a mistake, I've got rid of all I can :(

1) Agree - still the most likely (although since this is the last land expansion I'm likely to use coins, it might be best doing that now, I can then use the weekly greenies for next expansions while saving up for the control tower)
2) Understand that - just hate turning guest planes away.
3) Trying to get a balance between passengers/trophy/money buildings)
4) Don't know how I missed the car dealerships - I put a lot of effort in picking the optimum buildings (or so I thought!!)

Thanks again for your thoughts

@Bali Hi, thanks for your detailed response - just what I wanted.

Already sold cosmic fuel station - but stuck with duty free shop - does anyone actually use them?

Helicopters were a mistake, I've got rid of all I can :(

1) Agree - still the most likely (although since this is the last land expansion I'm likely to use coins, it might be best doing that now, I can then use the weekly greenies for next expansions while saving up for the control tower)
2) Understand that - just hate turning guest planes away.
3) Trying to get a balance between passengers/trophy/money buildings)
4) Don't know how I missed the car dealerships - I put a lot of effort in picking the optimum buildings (or so I thought!!)

Thanks again for your thoughts

You're welcome.

I've hardly used the Duty Free Shop. They produce very little coins for the effort.
BTW, which Helicopter buildings cannot be removed?

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Get rid of all coin buildings, they never bring enough coin to pay for the space they use.
Until you have an effective space program running (at least daily space flights and some extra ones during a QL party) thats a difficult path to take. Like all things in AC there is a balance between coin earning and passenger earning needed. I think @Bali Hi 's advice is the most useful here for you @Southoftheborder - I always suggest you listen to advice given on this forum, then make your own decisions based on what you are looking to enjoy in the game.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Until you have an effective space program running (at least daily space flights and some extra ones during a QL party) thats a difficult path to take. Like all things in AC there is a balance between coin earning and passenger earning needed. I think @Bali Hi 's advice is the most useful here for you @Southoftheborder - I always suggest you listen to advice given on this forum, then make your own decisions based on what you are looking to enjoy in the game.
All you need is to visit friends Planetariums. That's usually at least one 2k collection completed in few minutes, every day. 2k coins is 3 hours worth of clicking six Car Dealerships. That kind of boring grind is a surefire way to get fed up with "this stupid wait to click game". Play smart, not hard.

He's at 200k for next expansion. One expansion is slightly less room than 4 Car Dealerships. It's simple question about return on investment: how long does it take for 4 Car Dealerships to earn you 200k? It's not going to happen in a realistic time frame. Therefore basic economy says to save 200k on not buying the expansion and sell 4 Dealerships instead to reclaim the land.

BTW, effective space program is 20 launches per hour : )

Last edited:

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
All you need is to visit friends Planetariums. That's usually at least one 2k collection completed in few minutes, every day. 2k coins is 3 hours worth of clicking six Car Dealerships. That kind of boring grind is a surefire way to get fed up with "this stupid wait to click game". Play smart, not hard.

BTW, effective space program is 20 launches per hour : )
It would be nice to have an hour to spend doing 20 launches. I am time poor, and not particularly cash rich - so I use bonuses to accelerate income earning. A golden toad earns me 25,000 coin. And yes, I visit only space buildings on my neighbour visits, which gets me between 3 and 10 (my record for one set of visits) completed collections per day. There are other smart ways depending on how you wish to play. Advising people that they "can only do it well my way" is fairly conceited. For all players a compromise is usually made between how much time and how much money they can afford.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
It would be nice to have an hour to spend doing 20 launches.
I never said I spend full hour launching, I said how fast launches that I consider "effective" are.
A golden toad earns me 25,000 coin.
Nice, and how much coins have you paid for land expansion to fit all those coin producers? How much are you paying for the toads? It's not about the income, it's about the income vs cost.
Advising people that they "can only do it well my way" is fairly conceited. For all players a compromise is usually made between how much time and how much money they can afford.
Exactly, so unless someone says he has 12 hours a day to spend on clicking coin buildings I assume they don't have time to waste clicking on coin producers. I have some coin producers myself - because I have the land to spare. I listened to what OP said about his land constraints and offer him a solution that'll work for him, not what works for me.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
@Agent_L - land costs airport cash not coins on IOS. For the first 80 expansions that is 10 airport cash per 4x4 land square (buying fortnightly on special offer). A golden toad cost 8 airport cash - is not used every day but can be useful to accelerate cash earning on days when time limited to "this stupid wait to click game" is not there.
You play on Windows, and @Southoftheborder plays on Android - we are probably all 3 playing slightly different games to each other because of that.
Incidentally in my game the space collections completed by Planetarium visits earn 300 gold coins per completed collection - but the launch ready box you also get is more value.

I challenged you because you said "Get rid of all coin buildings, they never bring enough coin to pay for the space they use." That may be a great strategy for you and I respect anyone who has a clear focus on their gameplay objectives - but there are very few players I have met using the same strategy. So it is possible that the majority of us disagree with your advice.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Agent_L - land costs airport cash not coins on IOS. For the first 80 expansions that is 10 airport cash per 4x4 land square (buying fortnightly on special offer). A golden toad cost 8 airport cash - is not used every day but can be useful to accelerate cash earning on days when time limited to "this stupid wait to click game" is not there.
You play on Windows, and @Southoftheborder plays on Android - we are probably all 3 playing slightly different games to each other because of that.
Incidentally in my game the space collections completed by Planetarium visits earn 300 gold coins per completed collection - but the launch ready box you also get is more value.

I challenged you because you said "Get rid of all coin buildings, they never bring enough coin to pay for the space they use." That may be a great strategy for you and I respect anyone who has a clear focus on their gameplay objectives - but there are very few players I have met using the same strategy. So it is possible that the majority of us disagree with your advice.
Land costs coins at first, cash later. I played on all 4 platforms, they're identical except advertisement videos.
Trading greens for coins is a very bad deal, I think everyone here agrees on that.
Planetarium gives 4 collections, 2 with 300, 2 with 2000 coins reward.
Please, don't refer to coins as "gold", this name is ambiguous with gold tokens.

It looks you have replied to my post before I edited it, so you probably missed this:
"He's at 200k for next expansion. One expansion is slightly less room than 4 Car Dealerships. It's simple question about return on investment: how long does it take for 4 Car Dealerships to earn you 200k? It's not going to happen in a realistic time frame. Therefore basic economy says to save 200k on not buying the expansion and sell 4 Dealerships instead to reclaim the land."

Because majority of players fail to notice that coin producers cost them more coins than they earn is exactly why I reiterate "get rid of all coin producers" every time. It's not a strategy, it's a simple math. If you're rich enough to field them - good for you. But it's consumption, not investment. Don't suggest it to people who are short on land and coins.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Because majority of players fail to notice that coin producers cost them more coins than they earn is exactly why I reiterate "get rid of all coin producers" every time. It's not a strategy, it's a simple math. If you're rich enough to field them - good for you. But it's consumption, not investment. Don't suggest it to people who are short on land and coins.
That's a generalisation.

A contemporary Arts Centre costs 145,000 coins. It earns 100 coins every 4 hours. A dedicated player may manage to collect 400 coins per day, it will take them over 360 days (just short of a year) to pay that back. That is clearly a bad investment.

A Mega Mall costs 2800 coins. It also earns 135 coins every 8 hours. A dedicated player will earn between 270 and 405 coins per day, and it will take them less than 10 days to repay that.

A movie theatre costs 800 coins. It earns 158 coins every 18 hours. If a player only collects this once a day then on the 6th day they will be in profit.

You clearly have a downer on money - that is your opinion. My personal philosophy is that time is more valuable than money. I don't throw money away, but I do use money to give me time, as well as spending it on necessities. I love giving time to playing AC, but I spend some money to enhance my enjoyment and not to enslave me to spending hours playing. Your advice to Southoftheborder has value because of his initial post, but you seem to labour under the belief that your opinion is the only good philosophy in the game. I disagree.

Top Bottom