Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Football World Cup event

Alfonz Senki

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
main: alnmgae, support: 04ms6v1e, 2nd support: a0o8r60
Username
main: AS-..... (the item I need the most), support: AS-no_gift!
Hello Everybody,
I guess we all know some events needs more luck to finish than the others. I couldn't finish the Easter one, because I didn't get enough item drops from the markets. Now I started to wonder about the World Cup event, because I hope I will be able to finish it if I start to prepare now. I'm sure there was a similar event last year since many high level neighbors have Brazilian houses and stadiums in their cities. (But please correct me if I'm wrong.)
The foreseen elements of the event:

Fan zone collection: Item drops from stadiums. I already collected enough items to have 2 of those, but I haven't redeemed yet.
My question is: will it count for the event if I redeem now, or I need to redeem during the event?

It's a goal! collection: Items were dropping from Brazilian houses few month ago, and I already have a stadium, but last week when I gave up the Eastern event and started to collect passengers from neighbor's Brazilian houses again, I haven't got any items.
Question: Did they remove this possibility?

Carnival Magic collection: Items drops from flight to Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires, Lima, but the chances are really low. I did more than 100 flights there last week, and got only 1 item drop :(
Not to mention, even though I was in the top 100 for all these destination, didn't get any award, like collection pack at the end of the week :(

What do you think, is it worth to prepare for that event or will it be more easy during the event?
Has anybody got item drops from Brazilian houses or flight the those 3 destinations recently?
Thank you for your comments.
Alfonz

Kazinho

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vd3s3a
Username
Kazinho / Harambe
From memory, the event was on during the Confederations Cup last year. It would surprise me greatly if they didn't repeat the quest considering the WC is much bigger than the CC.

I have kept 2 stadiums from the event and they continue to drop "Fan Zone" items. The Brasil-themed houses haven't dropped "It's A Goal" items for a while.

If you can build the stadiums (and have the required items gifted to you if you are missing some) then you can begin the collections now.

In my opinion, the football quest wasn't as difficult to complete as the Easter one. But if you are unsure, you could get started now.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Villa's stopped dropping, stadiums still drop. the problem with that quest were the flights. you only needed 1 collection but droprates were extremely low....

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awed7nj
Username
SamZee
I am sure this will be the next event. I winder when GI will start this one. Anyone remember when it started last year? Before or during Confederations Cup?

Kazinho

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vd3s3a
Username
Kazinho / Harambe
Confeds Cup only runs for 2 weeks, World Cup lasts 4 weeks. Don't think they'll be starting a football quest before the tournament unless they plan to let it run for 35 days.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
It didn't run last year I think, it was I think around end of september 2012? I wasn't playing that long when it came....

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Top Bottom