Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Developer Blog: A Space Carousel

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hey everyone,
while we all wait for the next update(s) on mobile devices to happen — and trust me, I'm the one who's the most impatient on this matter — I thought it would be cool to share with you some of our behind-the-stages workflow. Of course, it's mostly routine: hundreds of various issues fixed, changing numbers in the spreadsheets, multiple side quests re-writes, etc. But even art production isn't as straightforward as you might think!

Let's say, we decide to do a nice little expansion pack for the space program to make Apogee Mission and Prometheus Mission more worthwhile to keep going back to. Some collections might benefit from a better reward, so it feels fun to give some cool new buildings for completing them several times. So, at this point we try to find which buildings would be appropriate for those collections. For example, the Little Ones is a collection about solar system and it has a model of solar system as a final item. We discuss our options and decide the suitable building would be some kind of science museum — but there's one already in the game — or a space-themed merry-go-round that we decide to codename as Space Carousel. Keeping that in mind, we ask our artists to envision how that might look like. Below are all the stages between the first draft and the final look as it took us over a month to get it to look suitable for Airport City and not for some kind of 4x space strategy sim.

P.S. Some other buildings from future updates are visible as well. Don't ask me what they are, you'll see for yourself later ;)

AirportCity_SpaceCarousel_01.jpg
AirportCity_SpaceCarousel_02.png
AirportCity_SpaceCarousel_03.png
AirportCity_SpaceCarousel_04.png
AirportCity_SpaceCarousel_05.png

Last edited:

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Ivan! Congratz for you & your team! Indeed very good job, I like those new buildings, very nice Merry-go-around as new reward for some collections. Also new Rollercoaster building, woow! Plus several others! Great! I will not ask, when they will be available. Whenever they will be ready, we will wait (y)

Keep up the good work! (y)

-311vader-

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Vadersaber311
Username
Vadersaber311
Very cool, thanks for sharing. It's great to see some behind the scenes work on a game we daily play, it makes us feel more involved in the process. :)

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
Airport city flyer
Ivan you mentioned how long it takes to design a building that makes it into Airport City, how about having a vote on the buildings that haven't made it to Airport City the winning building gets added to the game

Free2Play in 6 months / 1 year / 2 years what is the plan with the normal hangars will they be increased from 12? What do you think the limit will be?

Last edited:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Ivan you mentioned how long it takes to design a building that makes it into Airport City

Luckily it doesn't always take that much time!

how about having a vote on the buildings that haven't made it to Airport City the winning building gets added to the game

Well, it's fair if everyone gets to vote, that means a million people on our official Facebook pages. Last time we did a voting there on new flights everyone just wrote down their home city — which is reasonable, but doesn't get us anywhere.

I don't want to promise any certain landmarks, but we try to stay diverse and to appease to both those who love classical and modern architecture with best examples of both from all over the world. The same applies to new destinations and collections: you travel across the whole world, and you find very different but equally amazing things anywhere you go, just like in real life. This is a global world even if it's divided in 200 or so countries, and I'm glad Airport City brings a multitude of different cultures under one peaceful roof. We'll make sure it stays this way.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m479so + almjced + aaa3pr1 + 0400ag7m
Username
vayka1 + noya12 + ayon1 + kaito1
Free2Play, thank you very much for sharing with us the new building(s) for Apogee and Promotheus launches.
I'm looking forward to the new update and the release-date of them!!
Keep up the good work!!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Top Bottom