Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Curse of the Valley of the Kings Quest

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
That's been the most common statement I've made so far this year. I feel like last year the drop rates were perfect. If you dedicated the time, you would be rewarded. Nowadays, if you dedicate your time, you get frustrated.

84 Vault clicks now and ZERO drops that's just today! even tried with spyglass to see if it would help a little. beyond frustrated! Think I'll be spending on Madden 18, Destiny 2 and the new Call of Duty instead.

Even tried the slow click, fast click, and still nothing. you would think that GI would compensate for the lost time that was caused by them, but no! Really trying to hold my language here:mad:

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
78 Vault clicks now and ZERO drops, even tried with spyglass to see if it would help a little. beyond frustrated! Think I'll be spending on Madden 18, Destiny 2 and the new Call of Duty instead.
No I'd be lying if I was deterred by these terrible drop rates. All that means is that I will continue to be very selective in my event participation. Love this game way too much to let it stop me. My city/airport is gonna be boss when I'm done. It wont be the largest or most populated by any means, but I will make sure it's very efficient for its size :D

I have had more luck with planetarium drops than anything from those vaults. I didn’t think I’d ever say that. It’s one thing to get a lot of items that’s aren’t needed but not seeing a lot of items at all is really different from past challenges.

I know Ivan mentioned this quest should be doable even with the straitjacket bug eating into it. That’s not accurate in my opinion given how rare anything falls from the vaults.

It’s also created an unintended side affect that people had filled their terminals without a way to empty it because of a lack of jackets, so now to try and finish the event they’re burning tons of fuel to try and get the drops to clear out the vault. I know if I had been able to collect jackets from day 1 I’d be able to finish even with the drops as rare as they are

Someone mentioned to me also that only about 20 people on the forum have finished the event to get their little badge. That’s kind of amazing to me given that number for most events is over 100.

As Merryflyer mentioned above Im also not a fanatic about this. I also try really hard to complain about drop rates when randomness is a part of the equation, but something sure seems amiss here. If this is the way future events are going to go then I think GI will see a huge drop off in the number of events people attempt. That’s not good for the health of the game

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
No I'd be lying if I was deterred by these terrible drop rates. All that means is that I will continue to be very selective in my event participation. Love this game way too much to let it stop me. My city/airport is gonna be boss when I'm done. It wont be the largest or most populated by any means, but I will make sure it's very efficient for its size :D

Its not just the drop rates for this event, planetariums for example. and that stupid 100 limit for the newer players. GI really knows how to suck the fun out of the game. over 2 decades of gaming and I've never seen a "gaming company" this terrible.

The forum and the community is the only thing that is keeping the game fun for me.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
I have had more luck with planetarium drops than anything from those vaults. I didn’t think I’d ever say that. It’s one thing to get a lot of items that’s aren’t needed but not seeing a lot of items at all is really different from past challenges.

I know Ivan mentioned this quest should be doable even with the straitjacket bug eating into it. That’s not accurate in my opinion given how rare anything falls from the vaults.

It’s also created an unintended side affect that people had filled their terminals without a way to empty it because of a lack of jackets, so now to try and finish the event they’re burning tons of fuel to try and get the drops to clear out the vault. I know if I had been able to collect jackets from day 1 I’d be able to finish even with the drops as rare as they are

Someone mentioned to me also that only about 20 people on the forum have finished the event to get their little badge. That’s kind of amazing to me given that number for most events is over 100.

As Merryflyer mentioned above Im also not a fanatic about this. I also try really hard to complain about drop rates when randomness is a part of the equation, but something sure seems amiss here. If this is the way future events are going to go then I think GI will see a huge drop off in the number of events people attempt. That’s not good for the health of the game

Very well said Dave, I had the same thoughts earlier especially the part that said it was "doable" but I'm too pissed off to clearly write about it..

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

I vote you for G! President. I completely agree. I love the idea of events. It's a number of short term goals with nice rewards. This event definitely isnt doable with the bug...heck, my rates are so bad, that I dont think I wouldve completed the vault collection even if the event time was doubled! I finished the other two because the flight bonuses helped, but with the vault, there are no bonuses to help, and you can only collect once per hour...if your terminal isnt full. Too many constraints and bad drop rates to boot.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
From now on, I simply will not participate in events that require drops from buildings any longer....not until they do one of the following:
-improve building drop rates
-provide bonus items for improving drop rates from buildings at a reasonable price
It's just not worth the resources anymore. I hope Ivan reads this and gets a sudden urge to voice this to them

I only need 8 more items to finish... but 5 of them are from the whispers collection, so I don't expect to finish this year, again
Ancient Ritual: 3 collections completed, items 1-4-7-2-0
Whispers on the wall: 2 collections completed, items 1-0-3-3-4
and lots of fuel spent :(
Without that terrible bug I could have managed my resources better

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Thanks Navigata, wouldn't want to let you guys down. I was just saying that this forum/community makes the game enjoyable. but that metro station I just bought would be the last real money GI is getting from me.
Yeah the forum literally made this game from good to amazing.

From now on, I simply will not participate in events that require drops from buildings any longer....not until they do one of the following:
-improve building drop rates
-provide bonus items for improving drop rates from buildings at a reasonable price
It's just not worth the resources anymore. I hope Ivan reads this and gets a sudden urge to voice this to them
It’s always your call the way you play the game. Some events are harder than others. The previous one was ridiculously easy, but it allowed the newer players to feel some success. Many did not finish this one last year but probably will this time around (maybe:rolleyes:). For the more experienced players, it was finally more of a challenge. Not me, I’m still struggling. If Age of Ash comes back, forgedabowdit!! Do a bit and don’t waste resources and try and finish it the following year. Stock up on jackets now! When it comes back, you’ll get a jump start ;). Patience, Grasshopper, pick your targets :).

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
It’s always your call the way you play the game. Some events are harder than others. The previous one was ridiculously easy, but it allowed the newer players to feel some success. Many did not finish this one last year but probably will this time around (maybe:rolleyes:). For the more experienced players, it was finally more of a challenge. Not me, I’m still struggling. If Age of Ash comes back, forgedabowdit!! Do a bit and don’t waste resources and try and finish it the following year. Stock up on jackets now! When it comes back, you’ll get a jump start ;). Patience, Grasshopper, pick your targets :).
Hmm...I always thought the veterans could finish events as soon as they arrive. Didnt know they have struggles too.
I dont know about anyone else, but I look at unfinished events as a failure. Who wants to start an event and finish it the following year? Especially if you have a need for it now? As a player, I want to be able to take on a challenge and finish it in the time allowed....given that I dedicate enough time and energy into it. I know we have gotten used to the idea of finishing an event the following year, but why should it be so? For those who like to accomplish things they put their effort into, it's a huge disappointment when you failed not because you didnt try the event, but simply because "drop rates are low". Guess that's how I view it.

Last edited:
I’ve just finished it, I’m would not have finished it any earlier if we had jackets all the time as it was the flight drops I was short of.

I’ve always thought that the quests are to do over a few attempts. This time I had some items left over from the last time it was here but I still had to get 5 of each item. The obvious big advantage for longer term players is bonus’s. I used 2 Sky captains and 2 Spy glasses. I’ve get plenty in stock as I have 20 or so adventure buildings.

I learnt early on after joining this forum that the key is adventure buildings. A year ago I had none and had no idea how important they are with daily drops.

Two years ago I was in the same position as many of the newer people on here, the game is a long term project that even people who have been playing years still have to work to get events completed.

As @Bob69bob has said - patience is they key. Look at the big guys, they all have many dozens of adventure buildings but they don’t come over night, it tales time, fuel and passengers

Keep the faith and good luck to all - newcomers and veterans alike, we all have to do the same flights (y)(y)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I’ve just finished it, I’m would not have finished it any earlier if we had jackets all the time as it was the flight drops I was short of.

I’ve always thought that the quests are to do over a few attempts. This time I had some items left over from the last time it was here but I still had to get 5 of each item. The obvious big advantage for longer term players is bonus’s. I used 2 Sky captains and 2 Spy glasses. I’ve get plenty in stock as I have 20 or so adventure buildings.

I learnt early on after joining this forum that the key is adventure buildings. A year ago I had none and had no idea how important they are with daily drops.

Two years ago I was in the same position as many of the newer people on here, the game is a long term project that even people who have been playing years still have to work to get events completed.

As @Bob69bob has said - patience is they key. Look at the big guys, they all have many dozens of adventure buildings but they don’t come over night, it tales time, fuel and passengers

Keep the faith and good luck to all - newcomers and veterans alike, we all have to do the same flights (y)(y)
Sounds good, and thanks. I have a question though. Doesn't G! always say that the event is doable from scratch in the window of time that the event is available?

Yes of course it is, all events are doable from the start but they take resources, those resources have to be built up and that takes time.

The game is not one that u can just come along and jump in, it takes years unless you want to cheat but even the cheaters had to build up buildings, aircraft, land, all of this comes with years of play. The cheaters use resests to get huge numbers for the alliance but they didn’t get there overnight.

The game is played by millions - some at early levels with one or two different types of aircraft and some like me level 80, many types of aircraft and experience and then those that I call the big guys, the ones who are 700 stars and more. They still only have a max of 13 aircraft but they have absolutely immense resources.

I sit back and read all the comments on how things cannot be done, I used to think like that but then I changed and thought what do I need to complete these events. So my adventure buildings started, I always have a launch going to get gold tokens so this time round I had enough to get some banks , that took me over a year. It’s all about patience, planning and resource. I get 40 or so barrels of fuel a day as I’m in fuel rings the fuel is used on flight to build adventures and get flight items but I still have to work hard at doing it, and I mange to complete one alliance task a week.

All of this is only possible by reading the forum and learning what the game can do

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

Oh and in regards to adventure buildings, of course if you have a lot, it can be a great help to finishing collections as a whole, but it's a hit or miss when it comes to specific collections. I wouldn't go as far as to say they are reliable; I'd say that they are a nice addition if you have time for it (the gold tokens are a bigger goal for me). Now if the buildings were smart enough to know which collection you were working on and gift only that collection, different story. Now the launch monuments are very helpful, as they target specific collections and don't have as wide of a spread in terms of daily reward items. All just based on my opinion and observations.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
I look at unfinished events as a failure. Who wants to start an event and finish it the following year? Especially if you have a need for it now? As a player, I want to be able to take on a challenge and finish it in the time allowed....given that I dedicate enough time and energy into it. I know we have gotten used to the idea of finishing an event the following year, but why should it be so? For those who like to accomplish things they put their effort into, it's a huge disappointment when you failed not because you didnt try the event, but simply because "drop rates are low". Guess that's how I view it.

My thoughts exactly! 90 Vault clicks now and ZERO drops! F%@*!

Oh and in regards to adventure buildings, of course if you have a lot, it can be a great help to finishing collections as a whole, but it's a hit or miss when it comes to specific collections. I wouldn't go as far as to say they are reliable. Now if the buildings were smart enough to know which collection you were working on and gift only that collection, different story. Now the launch monuments are very helpful, as they target specific collections and don't have as wide of a spread. All just based on my opinion and observations.
Of the top of my head there are 90 -100 possible adventure buildings, that’s 90 -100 collection items per day that just drop into your lap.

The whole game is about working at it, I’ve got some items in hundreds I’ve got one or two of others, that’s they way it goes. If I need Osc beacons I fly multiples on that flight, some drop some don’t that’s how the game plays so I just get on with it.

Adventure buildings are the key to building collections

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Yes of course it is, all events are doable from the start but they take resources, those resources have to be built up and that takes time.

The game is not one that u can just come along and jump in, it takes years unless you want to cheat but even the cheaters had to build up buildings, aircraft, land, all of this comes with years of play. The cheaters use resests to get huge numbers for the alliance but they didn’t get there overnight.

The game is played by millions - some at early levels with one or two different types of aircraft and some like me level 80, many types of aircraft and experience and then those that I call the big guys, the ones who are 700 stars and more. They still only have a max of 13 aircraft but they have absolutely immense resources.

I sit back and read all the comments on how things cannot be done, I used to think like that but then I changed and thought what do I need to complete these events. So my adventure buildings started, I always have a launch going to get gold tokens so this time round I had enough to get some banks , that took me over a year. It’s all about patience, planning and resource. I get 40 or so barrels of fuel a day as I’m in fuel rings the fuel is used on flight to build adventures and get flight items but I still have to work hard at doing it, and I mange to complete one alliance task a week.

All of this is only possible by reading the forum and learning what the game can do
Very true. This forum opened up my eyes big time, and thats why I love this game. So many different ways to win....its up to you what your definition of winning is.

Top Bottom