Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Coffee Bar Copyright?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jxy6kb
Username
ryder
Has anyone else noticed that the "C" logo on the roof of the Coffee Bar looks remarkably like the "C" of "Cola" in the "Coca-Cola" logo?

I trust that GI have sought permission from Coca-Cola to use this in their coffee shops? :unsure:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
The font is not owned by The Coca-Cola Company. In fact, it was extremely popular font at a time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencerian_script , so it's general apearance cannot be copyrighted.
What can be copyrighted is the entire logo, that is a combination of font, text and color.

Even when fonts are proprietary and copyrighted, usually many similar, "copycat" fonts spring into existence. They are indistinguishable from the original by an untrained eye. (eg Arial which was designed as drop-in replacement of Helvetica).
With just one letter and with "quality" of merely few pixels on the screen, establishing what font exactly was used is virtually impossible.

So to answer your question: no, I don't think it was necessary to obtain precision from The Coca-Cola Company to use this kind of C.
(BTW: Ford logo uses same script as Coca-Cola and you don't see them suing each other.)

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
Buildings are copyrighted and you don't see them getting into trouble using the atomium or space needle, etc. And the contemporary arts center looks like the "experience music project" building in seattle too (one of the ugliest buildings in the world)

That's VERY dependent on local laws. Eg in France you can't even take a picture of a building without it's author permission, while in Poland everything in public space is considered "fair use".

It's a stupid law.
Every tourist in France must be fined or put to jail then.

What is the point of visiting Paris if you can't take a photo with the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre or Notre Dame in the background???

RavenENTP

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
w1yufux
Username
RavenENTP
That's VERY dependent on local laws. Eg in France you can't even take a picture of a building without it's author permission, while in Poland everything in public space is considered "fair use".
In Poland there are many things for "public use" in parking lots on main roads :D, i know, check bottom of my signature :D. lolz public use :D

RavenENTP

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
w1yufux
Username
RavenENTP
I dont like France anymore. I used to like but too many stupid laws for my occupation. I prefer not to go France, i have visited Disneyland, nice, loved it, Paris, loved it. Many rabbits on Disneyland, running wild, :D run rabbit run, Elmar is here, was it Elmar? Bugs mortal enemy? Whats up Doc, Doc Brown, DMC - 1985?

Top Bottom