1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

Windows Can't Update at All

Discussion in 'Airport City Bugs, Glitches & Errors' started by yaegercity, 18 July 2018.

1. yaegercity

yaegercity Active Member

Facebook, Windows PC
    YaegerCity
    Hi, all!

I left a comment on another thread, but wasn't sure if it was the correct place.

So, I've tried twice to get the update. Both times, I'm in the Play Store, I click "Update" (next to "Play") and nothing happens.

When I return to the game, I'm again prompted to update. It pops up every few minutes after that.

Is there an idiot/noob-proof walk through for doing this update? Or can someone message me something?

I'd really like to help out my now-dwindling neighbors with visits as soon as possible.

Thanks, and clear skies for everyone!
    DB

2. Dafsade

Dafsade VIP Flyer Active Member

iPhone
    PM me :)
    dafsade
    Hi @yaegercity !

When I update on Android, I don't click on the in-game pop-up. I open the Play Store, I click on "my app" (Something like that) and I check all available update, usually, AC update appears here. Maybe you could try this ? Otherwise, I am affraid I do not have other solution...

yaegercity likes this.
  3. LjGibbs

LjGibbs 150+ Star Club VIP Flyer Active Member

Windows PC
    20tkh9y6
    LjGibbs
    Hi,

I used to have this quite a few times in the past and didn't understand why it was happening.

I don't get prompted anymore on my main AC account (Windows 10) so I always go into the Windows Store when I know there is a update due and check myself I click on the 'see more option' (that is at the right of the screen) and click on 'Downloads and Updates' and the click the 'Get Download's' option.

If the update continues to fail I'd try Microsoft Support for a online chat to see if they can help you.

Also, I had two Windows 10 update's pending yesterday and that effects most things online for me so until they have finished updating I come out of everything and let that finish - might be worth checking your Windows update setting's first to see if you have any pending before trying to update the new AC version.

I'm not tech savvy at all so someone who is maybe able to help more, these are just the things that I've picked up on myself.

Best of luck.

4. @LjGibbs is quite right. If you have other downloads queuing to download a.c. game will be at the end. Turn any programmes you have running off so downloads come faster. It'll get there. Or go into the download queue and delete any downloads you don't need/want.

LjGibbs likes this.
  5. yaegercity

yaegercity Active Member

Facebook, Windows PC
    YaegerCity
    Thanks so much for suggesting talking to Microsoft. It was something that was switched off that should have been on. All fixed up! :)

Thanks for restoring my sanity (or what's left of it)!

Clear skies,
    DB

LjGibbs likes this.
  6. yaegercity

yaegercity Active Member

Facebook, Windows PC
    YaegerCity
    Thank you, mon ami. I got it resolved today, woo!

DB

Dafsade likes this.
  7. LjGibbs

LjGibbs 150+ Star Club VIP Flyer Active Member

Windows PC
    20tkh9y6
    LjGibbs
    You're very welcome, glad it all got sorted for you :)