Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

BACK TO SCHOOL EVENT 2017

Device
  1. Windows PC
Just seen this offer on facebook anybody else had this on other platforms?

Attachments

• 2017-09-15.png
    2017-09-15.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 159
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20ja009d
Username
micmansour
This answer is completely incorrect, if this was a year ago it would be correct but generally just like the last event other platforms will have the exact amount of time to complete the event. The exception to this are events like age of ash where there is a countdown until you can finish the event. Meaning you can not complete event until the event ends. When you complete these events the complete button does not work until the timer counts down to 0.
Ok so my challenge on W10 just started, and I get 10d 19h 45m to complete it. What do others get? 14 days or so??

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20x2xkow
Username
CrashFree
Ok so my challenge on W10 just started, and I get 10d 19h 45m to complete it. What do others get? 14 days or so??
I'm not sure they did. It was released for Android on Monday and the screenshot that Marve posted on page 3 of this thread shows 10d remaining. I updated as soon as it was posted on here and had 11d6h remaining. Of course, I'd just launched all of my planes...

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
I certainly don't get how they're going to sort the iOS delay out - if iOS players won't get the update until after next Tuesday, the event vill be over for most Android players and half-time for Windows players...? I've been looking at the app store every day, and lots of apps and games are being updated on a daily basis to add iOS 11 compatibility, but not AC... Will we ever get the truth about why the AC update for iOS is being delayed...?

I certainly don't get how they're going to sort the iOS delay out - if iOS players won't get the update until after next Tuesday, the event vill be over for most Android players and half-time for Windows players...? I've been looking at the app store every day, and lots of apps and games are being updated on a daily basis to add iOS 11 compatibility, but not AC... Will we ever get the truth about why the AC update for iOS is being delayed...?
Don't worry. There are no items to be sent. As long as everyone keeps their universities up, you should be able to click on them.

Actually your event started 10 hours previously to the time you posted or there about. The update came out some time in the morning for W10 which starts the timer whether you got the update then or not. If you look at the award thread you will see those on android that finished right away have 10 to 11 days to finish. Meaning they had somewhere in the 11 - 12 day range which lines up exactly with how long windows had. I will stick to my original statement that your answer was and is completely incorrect. They have started to give all platforms the same time limit no matter when their update comes. This was a huge issue in the past for windows especially so when the update came 6 days later and left us 7 days or so to finish an event.

As I have said previously I like to think our constant argument against this practice made them correct it, as it was not fair. Believe me I would be the first to call out GI when they drop the ball but on this count they have corrected the inequity. Let us see when ios comes out I will lay money down that says they to will have somewhere in the 11 to 12 day range to do event. Not all events run 14+ days that is the standard but not all run the same amount of time.

Don't worry. There are no items to be sent. As long as everyone keeps their universities up, you should be able to click on them.

That would be the main issue with the updates coming on different days. Those items when needed as gifts for events are much harder to come by once a bunch of your neighbors have finished the event. I would actually prefer if they just waited until all updates are set then release to all platforms at the same time. It would end that problem which at this point is the only issue that pertains to the release coming at different times. Of course with this event that is a non issue luckily. :cool:

That would be the main issue with the updates coming on different days. Those items when needed as gifts for events are much harder to come by once a bunch of your neighbors have finished the event. I would actually prefer if they just waited until all updates are set then release to all platforms at the same time. It would end that problem which at this point is the only issue that pertains to the release coming at different times. Of course with this event that is a non issue luckily. :cool:
I agree. They should do it at the same time. Plus, they should do it right. They had three or four android updates this week.

Top Bottom