Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Age of Ash

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Used Vintage Weathervane, Secret Faucet, Golden Dice and lots of Fuel and Fuel Catalysts to fly to Cold War destinations. After seven hours setting timers, no Cold War drops.
From now on I'm going to use no bonuses except Sky Captain (because I have 500+) and see what happens. Don't know what other alternative there is; I've already spent more time on this quest than any other.
Cheers,
Tom

Just thought of something.....maybe this has now become a game of chance. You need to be flying the correct plane and land it at the precise time they have set in the programming in order to have a Cold War item drop... If you have been lucky with drops, maybe it's time to go out and buy a lottery ticket, it could be your lucky day....:)

I see absolutely no reason for holding back on the drops necessary to even just get close to completing this quest. Facebook mentions they have no intention of changing the drop rate but stay tuned for more help. Maybe next time we will all get 18 greenies in order to buy the Volcanologist Set....okay, wishful thinking.

If you really need more chainsaws, use the code *chain404* to receive 5 more to add to your already bursting warehouse....:) or use them to see tiny stars appear when nothing drops.

This quest has gone from exciting....yeah a new event to play.....to, this is going to be a tough one.....to, frustration.... to, forget it, impossible for most to even come close......to, who cares, it's only a game. Laugh about it and move on.

Good luck everyone!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
Used Vintage Weathervane, Secret Faucet, Golden Dice and lots of Fuel and Fuel Catalysts to fly to Cold War destinations. After seven hours setting timers, no Cold War drops.
From now on I'm going to use no bonuses except Sky Captain (because I have 500+) and see what happens. Don't know what other alternative there is; I've already spent more time on this quest than any other.
Cheers,
Tom
I am more or less on the same exact position.

If this is not a bug, and its by design, I feel cheated. Because if there is a plan to increase the drop rate when the quest nears its end, then I want my greenies that I spent on golden dice back along with the thousands of fuel ousands of passengers and bonuses I activated to supposedly do something that the game told me to do, but did not happen due to GIs intentionally programming the game to essentially cheat.

If this is a bug, I still would like to be reimbursed for all these bonuses fuel and passengers.

-I said it early, 3 weeks is toooooo long. At this point I'm losing interest. GOH and mineral items bursting at the seems and yet haven't received a CWC item in days. Exhausting fuel and collected items at an alarming rate. Trying to keep the faith. intentional or not this event had all the promise of being a grand event only to turn into one of my least favorites.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
3 weeks is long IF the drops are not so lopsided. It does not make sense if the 2 collections can be had moderately but the CW is practically non-existent.

Last edited:
Cheers,
Tom
What chance do us mere mortals have ? !!

Anybody got hit by the game program not saved bug? I got my 2nd collection of the rocks last night, and player for another hour or so and sent out all gifts, etc., but when I opened the game this morning, the 2nd collection is not there, and all my 20 gifts are still there. This is the second time I got this in the last 3 days.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jxy6kb
Username
ryder
3 weeks is long IF the drops are not so lopsided. It does not make sense if the 2 collections can be had moderately but the CW is practically non-existent.

Agreed.

There seems to be such a disparity with the term "very seldom" around drop rates, especially if you look at other flight destinations with an item drop of very seldom. I would regard very seldom to be, perhaps, 1 out of 10 (10%). On that basis, my flights to Lima last week were 238 flights with two CW drops. My flights to Lima this week has been 44 flights with zero CW drops.

During a non-event, my typical flight pattern would consist of flying my 9 planes to the North Observatory. I normally like to try and land them in batches of three. If you look at the items available, for example, the Frog and the Lab Rat are indicated as "very seldom" drops. When I land my planes in batches of three, I quite regularly get at least one item from the three planes.

I think that instead of highlighting drop rate probability as "always", "often", "seldom" and "very seldom", the actual percentage (or a sliding scale percentage) should be shown so that we know where we stand.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Agreed.

There seems to be such a disparity with the term "very seldom" around drop rates, especially if you look at other flight destinations with an item drop of very seldom. I would regard very seldom to be, perhaps, 1 out of 10 (10%). On that basis, my flights to Lima last week were 238 flights with two CW drops. My flights to Lima this week has been 44 flights with zero CW drops.

During a non-event, my typical flight pattern would consist of flying my 9 planes to the North Observatory. I normally like to try and land them in batches of three. If you look at the items available, for example, the Frog and the Lab Rat are indicated as "very seldom" drops. When I land my planes in batches of three, I quite regularly get at least one item from the three planes.

I think that instead of highlighting drop rate probability as "always", "often", "seldom" and "very seldom", the actual percentage (or a sliding scale percentage) should be shown so that we know where we stand.
but keep in mind that very seldom is for all items on north observatory - as GI stated some were easier to get, some harder. For this event all are on very hard to get.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jxy6kb
Username
ryder
but keep in mind that very seldom is for all items on north observatory - as GI stated some were easier to get, some harder. For this event all are on very hard to get.

I'm fine with this, but on that basis, if I see, let's say, 10 items with a drop rate probability of very seldom, then I would expect them to be within a similar.probability range. If however, one or two of these items are more difficult to get than the others, then there should be another drop rate term defined (i.e. extremely seldom).

In terms of the Android version, of the 15 items that can be collected from North Observatory, 10 items are very seldom and 5 items are seldom, so GI have already categorised the easier and harder collectables.

I'm fine with this, but on that basis, if I see, let's say, 10 items with a drop rate probability of very seldom, then I would expect them to be within a similar.probability range. If however, one or two of these items are more difficult to get than the others, then there should be another drop rate term defined (i.e. extremely seldom).

In terms of the Android version, of the 15 items that can be collected from North Observatory, 10 items are very seldom and 5 items are seldom, so GI have already categorised the easier and harder collectables.

This should be a new class/category of "almost never".

Top Bottom