Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.23 update

D

Deleted member 9675

Hi!
The 6.23 update comes out this week.

View attachment 18875

View attachment 18876
  • Complete The Spring Has Come special event to get a Water Mill
  • One more building, Samurai Castle, will be available through direct purchase
  • Collect Snowdrops during the event and participate in the event ratings
  • Use Snowdrops to purchase buildings, bonuses, item sets, and unique alliance badges in the event shop
  • Get a Comfort Class bonus for free by watching a video ad
  • Speed up a flight by 30% for free by watching a video ad
View attachment 18877

View attachment 18880

Cheers,
Ivan.
I thank ye kind sir

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Thanks, Ivan. Any thoughts on helicopters being incorporated into Events?

Well, I know there's a whole sub-forum called feature requests & suggestions, and I deliberately don't answer there, both because there're too many to respond to each one, and because the answer would be pretty much the same all the time: 'it might happen someday', as pretty much anything might.

There're literally hundreds of possible features on the table at any given time that we have to consider for development. Smaller ones like minor game balance changes or minor user interface improvements could be done almost on the fly: an idea from a game designer or a player that is easy to grasp, easy to document, easy to do, and easy to test can be made into a feature and released within a month of it being put into our development pipeline. Everything that is more complex requires much more attention and effort, and therefore is put under critical review at all stages — game design, art, engineering, and sometimes management approval — to answer the questions like: does it make the game better in the long run? if we do this thing, will it make other parts of the game better and more fun, too? will this feature make money to pay for its development either directly or indirectly? why should we do this feature instead of another feature? Because no matter how large our team is, the resources are always limited, and we always have to choose a very limited number of features to do from a pool of possibilites to satisfy both players and our superiors.

So, the answer here will be: we do have thoughts of helicopters being more incorporated into everything, not just events, and we have them for a quite long time. So far other features have won in priority, but it doesn't mean it will not happen someday.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Well, I know there's a whole sub-forum called feature requests & suggestions, and I deliberately don't answer there, both because there're too many to respond to each one, and because the answer would be pretty much the same all the time: 'it might happen someday', as pretty much anything might.

There're literally hundreds of possible features on the table at any given time that we have to consider for development. Smaller ones like minor game balance changes or minor user interface improvements could be done almost on the fly: an idea from a game designer or a player that is easy to grasp, easy to document, easy to do, and easy to test can be made into a feature and released within a month of it being put into our development pipeline. Everything that is more complex requires much more attention and effort, and therefore is put under critical review at all stages — game design, art, engineering, and sometimes management approval — to answer the questions like: does it make the game better in the long run? if we do this thing, will it make other parts of the game better and more fun, too? will this feature make money to pay for its development either directly or indirectly? why should we do this feature instead of another feature? Because no matter how large our team is, the resources are always limited, and we always have to choose a very limited number of features to do from a pool of possibilites to satisfy both players and our superiors.

So, the answer here will be: we do have thoughts of helicopters being more incorporated into everything, not just events, and we have them for a quite long time. So far other features have won in priority, but it doesn't mean it will not happen someday.

Thanks for this very accurate reply !

D

Deleted member 9675

Free2Play
2 Questions come to mind on these updates.

1) When will Windows players ever be able to upload their own avatars into the game? I'm going on five years of game play, yet see only certain platforms have avatars.

2) Will experience points cap ever be raised? For all those level 80 players, it would be nice once again to be rewarded for leveling up.

I know that's probably a lot to ask of GI, however those options would be nice to have in the near future.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Well, since it just happened on my iOS game updated minutes ago, I better tell you now before there's a widespread panic of developers 'stealing' the snowdrops.

As it happens, our game client is quite lazy and updates the information on snowdrops only when you actually perform some action concerning snowdrops. So it's entirely possible it will show you last year's leftover snowdrops — although you actually have none, as all leftover event tokens are discarded when special event ends — before you try to catch a butterfly or get a flower, and only then you'll see the real number of snowdrops you have for this year's activity.

Have fun with event, I hope that's the only bug we will encounter!

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Free2Play
2 Questions come to mind on these updates.

1) When will Windows players ever be able to upload their own avatars into the game? I'm going on five years of game play, yet see only certain platforms have avatars.

2) Will experience points cap ever be raised? For all those level 80 players, it would be nice once again to be rewarded for leveling up.

I know that's probably a lot to ask of GI, however those options would be nice to have in the near future.

1. The avatars you see are not uploaded, they come from players who have connected their Facebook profiles, those avatars are from Facebook accounts.
2. I agree, it would be nice. If I were to be the only one making the decisions, we'd raise level cap more frequently. There's no set date for next level raise at the moment, but it's certainly possible someday.

Well, since it just happened on my iOS game updated minutes ago, I better tell you now before there's a widespread panic of developers 'stealing' the snowdrops.

As it happens, our game client is quite lazy and updates the information on snowdrops only when you actually perform some action concerning snowdrops. So it's entirely possible it will show you last year's leftover snowdrops — although you actually have none, as all leftover event tokens are discarded when special event ends — before you try to catch a butterfly or get a flower, and only then you'll see the real number of snowdrops you have for this year's activity.

Have fun with event, I hope that's the only bug we will encounter!
I guess it's not the only one. Description of the event says:"you will get snowdrops from visiting buildings on your own city or on your neighbors' , complete missions", etc.
But our own regular buildings (e.g. sidewing) are not dropping snowdrops

Tiến

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
pm me please :D
Username
Mr Poo *item*
I guess it's not the only one. Description of the event says:"you will get snowdrops from visiting buildings on your own city or on your neighbors' , complete missions", etc.
Our building (Stone castle and Townhouse) drop Running Wild collection :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: a small consolation

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone

Mine says this:

Spring.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9675

1. The avatars you see are not uploaded, they come from players who have connected their Facebook profiles, those avatars are from Facebook accounts.
2. I agree, it would be nice. If I were to be the only one making the decisions, we'd raise level cap more frequently. There's no set date for next level raise at the moment, but it's certainly possible someday.
How can I connect my FB profile?

Top Bottom