Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

4.7.9 Update

Early evaluations by players on this update were good or almost good. But after a week, many are now reporting lost progress. Long mentioned that G! is working on another update to fix this issue. I wonder how long before the update/fix comes out. I hope not too long. At least I hope not many weeks.

Not sure what exactly mean by they changed the core game architecture or something. Anyone know?

I mentioned in my previous post, they changed to the "unity" game engine, which is a completely different game development platform, which presumely to be more powerful to handle 3D and more graphic intensive games, so I assume the game architecture had to be changed with that. With the 4.6 update and unity game engine, according to Ivan I think the way to save our game profile is changed, which might be the root cause of game reset problem that myself and @Ddave1 and some others encountered. This is not a simple game progress not saved issue like we have experienced in the last several years (the walkaround for that is to visit a neighbor before you exit the game), this game reset problem would reset your progress back for hours, days or even longer, or even back to zero. And it seems it can happen randomly without any pattern or specific condition, and it can happen any time now or in the future, so for those haven't encountered yet, it doesn't mean it will not happen to you, just keep that in mind, is like a timed bomb, you just don't know what is the time. I am not sure if GI found the real root cause yet, let's hope they can fix this soon. Note I am on Android and @Ddave1 is on iOS, so this game reset problem is not platform specific.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
I mentioned in my previous post, they changed to the "unity" game engine, which is a completely different game development platform, which presumely to be more powerful to handle 3D and more graphic intensive games, so I assume the game architecture had to be changed with that. With the 4.6 update and unity game engine, according to Ivan I think the way to save our game profile is changed, which might be the root cause of game reset problem that myself and @Ddave1 and some others encountered. This is not a simple game progress not saved issue like we have experienced in the last several years (the walkaround for that is to visit a neighbor before you exit the game), this game reset problem would reset your progress back for hours, days or even longer, or even back to zero. And it seems it can happen randomly without any pattern or specific condition, and it can happen any time now or in the future, so for those haven't encountered yet, it doesn't mean it will not happen to you, just keep that in mind, is like a timed bomb, you just don't know what is the time. I am not sure if GI found the real root cause yet, let's hope they can fix this soon. Note I am on Android and @Ddave1 is on iOS, so this game reset problem is not platform specific.

Scary....:eek: Now, I'm really scared to update. :nailbiting: I am reading posts on FB Airport City Mobile and they are complaining lost progress as well.

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
It is impossible for me to update with OS android 4.4.2. GI adviced OS android 4.0.3. Or later. Is there a solution except transfer to another device?
Latest Unity game engine is not compatible with a lot of android devices regardless of android OS version. This means, you need to check first if the new device will be compatible with Unity engine.
Hope this helps.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
I too have faced this game not saving issue after updating to 4.6 as I was reset back 3 Times to the day I updated the game.
After that my device was having some issues so I factory data resetted my device and after getting it restored by GI my game saved every time and no loss of any progress.
And @M22 , there is no plan to make this game fully online so please don't post thing's like quitting the game only on a false assumptions. Stay practical and be patient
Cheers Mark

Last edited:
Be patient!!!

It's pathetic. The whole basis of the game is interaction with others. I cannot join other launches now as well as losing progress. @Molly G currently has a red launch and I cannot join it. The whole development team, if there us such a team, should be ashamed of themselves. Did they do a "shakedown period" where for a set time period of usually 500 hours the game would be tested. I know some of the development team are on this forum so they must see what's going on.

As someone who has played this game for 3 years and spent cash on it I am seriously close to packing it in. I travel around the world in my job role and have had to stop updating the time on my devices when I travel because of this pathetic programming from these jokers as I got a time traveller error - something that has not happened on any other game I have ever played.

Oh yeah - lets go onto the very poor support structure. I put a ticket in because I cannot join launches and have lost progress, I described fully what has gone on, I attached screen shots and the reply I got was shocking - it asked what the problem was and how can I help. Do these people not read!!

Time to give it up I think

Ddave1

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
@Ddave1 , Game not saving issue, they are aware and doing their best to fix it and Regarding Not able to join launches, I too am facing this issue and only thing I can do is PATIENTLY wait for a fix.

Last edited:

Løssnus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Username
Usernamelkkkkkkk
The same for me. When happens to me seems that the neighbor is not available anymore but appears for me as available. Visit a neighbors and when return try to join this another neighbor. If you find him you will join otherwise you must visit neighbors and return to find him/her again.
BTW try to send you a request.

The problem was me still having them in my neighbour list but I was not in their list. After I deleted and sent a new neighbour request I was able to you join theyre launches again. Accepted you request(y)

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
Oh yeah - lets go onto the very poor support structure. I put a ticket in because I cannot join launches and have lost progress, I described fully what has gone on, I attached screen shots and the reply I got was shocking - it asked what the problem was and how can I help. Do these people not read!!

I agree that the support staff are not very competent at their jobs. I was having trouble starting Transport Empire because the tutorial would reach a point where I couldn't access any commands because a window was open that shouldn't have been open. It took them weeks of asking me to use commands that were disabled during the tutorial to access account information that probably hadn't been assigned yet, since my progress wasn't being saved anywhere and finally asking for crash reports that didn't exist because the game wasn't crashing, it just wouldn't respond to anything I did before they eventually came up with the sensible suggestion that I delete and reinstall the game, which worked.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
I'm having a number of the same issues as all of you:

1. The "saving" issue. Any time my oldest device "drops" AC, I have lost progress - except when I have an ongoing launch.
2. On ALL 4 of my games, I have lost two of my oldest neighbors (game time, not age) - @Rsorour and @greensmith , I'd understand if other neighbors from that "era" where deleted, but they aren't. I'm sure there are more neighbors I lost, but I knew those two were on all 4 games so it was obvious they were gone.
3. I've already replaced my phone this year (2 separate companies told me it was a dangerous hazard and to not even consider giving it to my kids), my laptop just died on Friday and now AC runs poorly on my oldest iOS device which happens to be my main game - UGH UGH UGH.

This was not the post-baseball (my son, not me - let's not be silly) welcome back I was hoping for when I saw AC was updated!!!!!

I've said many times, I stay in this game because of the people on this forum....I haven't even deleted people I should hoping they'd come back (Scooby/Sankukia, NDH, Aero, etc, etc, etc.)

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I'm having a number of the same issues as all of you:

1. The "saving" issue. Any time my oldest device "drops" AC, I have lost progress - except when I have an ongoing launch.
2. On ALL 4 of my games, I have lost two of my oldest neighbors (game time, not age) - @Rsorour and @greensmith , I'd understand if other neighbors from that "era" where deleted, but they aren't. I'm sure there are more neighbors I lost, but I knew those two were on all 4 games so it was obvious they were gone.
3. I've already replaced my phone this year (2 separate companies told me it was a dangerous hazard and to not even consider giving it to my kids), my laptop just died on Friday and now AC runs poorly on my oldest iOS device which happens to be my main game - UGH UGH UGH.

This was not the post-baseball (my son, not me - let's not be silly) welcome back I was hoping for when I saw AC was updated!!!!!

I've said many times, I stay in this game because of the people on this forum....I haven't even deleted people I should hoping they'd come back (Scooby/Sankukia, NDH, Aero, etc, etc, etc.)
@Uncle Mans
Losing neighbors is common with the update. I will delete you from my neighbors list, then send new invitations to your games. Once you accept them we will be back to normal.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
I also lost several neighbors, you can add me again if you want. Code is a4cbdhr

Also have a problem with furniture factory. Build 3, speed up one and completed this morning.
Flight still says: need building and when I push it, it points to one of the two unfinished buildings.
So a BUG
The only thing I can think of is that I finished the second or third bought building and it requires the first bought building

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
I also lost several neighbors, you can add me again if you want. Code is a4cbdhr

Also have a problem with furniture factory. Build 3, speed up one and completed this morning.
Flight still says: need building and when I push it, it points to one of the two unfinished buildings.
So a BUG
The only thing I can think of is that I finished the second or third bought building and it requires the first bought building
I read in another post that you must finish all buildings before start flying. It's a bug and will be fixed in next update as per Free2play information.

Top Bottom