Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

4.7.9 Update

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
Updated both of my games.

1) Lost 21 neighbors after update. Most of them are iOS players, including @Gt city , @greensmith , @lfcawc , @Capt Iz 69 , @Rsorour , @Fatdaz , @Pakman . Would you please accept my f/r from jj and minime when you receive them later ?

2) Heart counts set to 1842 from 5514, 5281, respectively. ( New cap for counts or a bug?)

3) On minime's game, Madlen's airport is completely empty. Only green field. All other neighbors' cities are fine.

4) After reading the forum postings about new gifting, I thought all gifts should remain as long as I do not accept them for later returns. For minime game, they are still there, but jj game, all unaccepted gifts disappeared when I opened for gifting just now.

I skipped 4.6 and updated directly to 4.7.9. Other than what I listed above, all went smooth without losing any tokens or planes. (Only checked what's most important.)
(y)

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
I also updated.... A big plus: for the first time in 6 month my game didn't crash directly after startup with wifi...

Gifting I don't trust, high lvl gifts turn into fuel3 when I want to return, don't like that. For the rest, the reaction of the game is slow. Don't know yet if I start to play again

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
Updated game on 3/8/16

My neighbors went down to 348 from 421.
Hearts are not Counting and not showing right.I had 4278 hearts.. Now it shows.. 1842 only is stuck there

And this new Gifting is a headache.

That zoomed in pop up are also bad.

And even while visiting... My items are showing low
Example: my lunar race collection is nearly 400+ items to collect.. But it is showing very less while visitingView attachment 3754View attachment 3754
About number of items showing low it is correct. The font size used in numbers are great than the space to see. You have at least 440/530/470/440/470.
This happened with me when I used fuel catalyst.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
I also updated.... A big plus: for the first time in 6 month my game didn't crash directly after startup with wifi...

Gifting I don't trust, high lvl gifts turn into fuel3 when I want to return, don't like that. For the rest, the reaction of the game is slow. Don't know yet if I start to play again
I'm not sure but I think we are unable to return gifts that we don't have anymore in our gift list

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
Updated both of my games.

1) Lost 21 neighbors after update. Most of them are iOS players, including @Gt city , @greensmith , @lfcawc , @Capt Iz 69 , @Rsorour , @Fatdaz , @Pakman . Would you please accept my f/r from jj and minime when you receive them later ?
(y)

Jay.... I dont think your f/r went through as i still had both games in my list. I deleted them and will shortly initiate f/r from my end. Confirm upon receipt.
Cheers,
Ramy

Just to report in that my LY2 game is reset to level 60 with zero experience accumulated again! All progress since the update has been lost again. This is the second time. I have a separate chat with Ivan Free2Play for them to investigate.

Just to update, Ivan informed me they have identified the problem and working on a solution for this game reset problem, but will have to wait for the next game update to push the fix to everybody. At the mean time, if anybody also encountered this problem after the 4.7.9 update, there is a temporary workaround for that, I am currently testing the workaround to see if my LY2 game will be reset back to level 60 again.

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
Jay.... I dont think your f/r went through as i still had both games in my list. I deleted them and will shortly initiate f/r from my end. Confirm upon receipt.
Cheers,
Ramy
Thanks Captain Ramy, we are neighbors again!!
Funny thing is, jj game automatically added you to my neighbor list, but I accepted your f/r to be neighbors again for minime.
Just happy to be neighbors again, regardless. (y)
Jay

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
This is NOT the old game progress not being saved issue, we all know the workaround for the old issue is to visit a neighbor and then your game progress would be saved. This new issue was introduced by this 4.7.9 update, which is the game would reset to right after the update regardless how long you already played after the update. It can be hours, or days, or whatever. My 3 days of progress since the update was wiped out and the game reset to level 60 with zero experience accumulated. This is a lot more serious and scary :banghead:

I notice some Android players having more issues this time. Last time it was iOS players. Makes me nervous to update.

Just to report in again, the workaround on the problem of game being reset didn't work, I played to about 50K experience at level 61 after I did the workaround Ivan instructed me to do earlier today, when I just logged into the game a moment ago, the game got reset back to about 40K experience at level 60, so lost about 100K experience. It didn't reset to zero experience of level 60 this time, which is better, but still there is no way to play the game knowing that your game would be reset to several hours earlier or several days earlier. :banghead:

B17 Flying Fortress

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
B17
I updated and have these issues. Game locks up every so often for a couple seconds. Phantom duke airship after timer expired. Visiting locks on please wait screen. Gifting is painful. Sometimes works ok, other times I click on take button repeatedly not knowing if gift is accepted then when I change screens they dissappear. Special hanger occupancy glitch fixed, do not move the plane, you can't put it back. Hate that planes for flights show available when you don't have them and how you have to scroll to get to falcon flights. Biggest let down, loss of Red 20. They should just give us both fuel and passengers. Otherwise a lot of added things to keep us busy for a while.
B17

Just to report in again, the workaround on the problem of game being reset didn't work, I played to about 50K experience at level 61 after I did the workaround Ivan instructed me to do earlier today, when I just logged into the game a moment ago, the game got reset back to about 40K experience at level 60, so lost about 100K experience. It didn't reset to zero experience of level 60 this time, which is better, but still there is no way to play the game knowing that your game would be reset to several hours earlier or several days earlier. :banghead:

Long,

Just curious, what was the workaround that Ivan suggested/
What is your android OS and device for LY2?

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata

Thanks for all your testing and update evaluation. Very helpful indeed.

Long,

Just curious, what was the workaround that Ivan suggested/
What is your android OS and device for LY2?

The workaround is to delete a profile file on my device, which he said shouldn't be there as they changed the way they save the profile since 4.6 update, I thought it would fix it, but it didn't.

My LY2 game is at 4.2.2, and is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite, it never had a single issue for the past many years on playing Airport City. It seems the chance of getting this is small, but if you want to 100% sure that you can have a successful update, 4.7.9 is note the update you are looking for, and GI knows there are still quite some problems with 4.7.9 update including this game reset issue. Ivan indicated they changed to use a new game engine called "unity" since 4.6 update a couple of weeks ago, so the whole game development platform was changed, the whole architect was probably changed as well, but .....

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Knightrider
Still turning my game on in the morning and fuel not fully recharged.

Drop rate with lucky dice (gold particularly) is even worse than before. Will stop spending money on this game soon if GI don't sort it out.

Phantom duke visits after timer expired and not got a clue what is going on with gifting.

Like all the new buildings though

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Still turning my game on in the morning and fuel not fully recharged.

Drop rate with lucky dice (gold particularly) is even worse than before. Will stop spending money on this game soon if GI don't sort it out.

Phantom duke visits after timer expired and not got a clue what is going on with gifting.

Like all the new buildings though

Are you on Android or iOS or Windows?

I've just lost around 10 days progress on IOS.

I was just about gaining confidence in this game again and have just lost levels, tokens, buildings etc. It's reset back to where I was last week

I've put a ticket in - in the hope that my progress is saved on their server but it takes them so long to reply I'm not holding out much hope and I might as well carry on from where I am now

What a load of junk. If they have changed the game architecture then they have done very poor testing and evaluation.

Dave1

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Early evaluations by players on this update were good or almost good. But after a week, many are now reporting lost progress. Long mentioned that G! is working on another update to fix this issue. I wonder how long before the update/fix comes out. I hope not too long. At least I hope not many weeks.

Not sure what exactly mean by they changed the core game architecture or something. Anyone know?

Last edited:

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Early evaluations by players on this update were good or almost good. But after a week, many are now reporting lost progress. Long mentioned that G! is working on another update to fix this issue. I wonder how long before the update/fix comes out. I hope not too long. At least I hope not many weeks.

Not sure what exactly mean by they changed the core game architecture or something. Anyone know?
Core arhitecture change means, they change many things. Some game versions are not compatible anymore. I had one old version for testing purposes, after i upgraded, i was downgraded to beginnig, level 1, empty airport. So i deleted it.
Pre- Previous version (two version before 4.7.9) is not working with this latest version. Before i did upgrade, i did not see launches of those who did update already. I did not received their gifts... Now it works, but only with those who have same version. Not sure, how is about alliances about that, but it looks GI want to prevent many things....

Top Bottom