Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

4.6 Update

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
My iOS iPad has updated. I received about 50+ friends requests, including one that I had deleted accidentally. The typeface after the update is much larger - haven't had any time to check much else (I am lvl 43).

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
This last update is to use the most accurate technical terms, a complete and utter disaster.

I am a long time player of Airport City and at level 60. After the update, I can no longer run the game because it is not supported by the hardware in my ASUS transformer. After contacting GI Support I have learned that they are not planning to back out of the update so my only option is to ask them to transfer my current game from my old tablet to my newer tablet. I do not want lose all my progress to date. In case you are wondering:
My old ASUS tablet which does not run the latest version of Airport City is
An ASUS Transformer TF 101
Android version 4.0.3My newer ASUS table which does run the latest version of Airport City is
ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
Andrioid version 4.2.1

I am most disappointed with this update to Airport City. The game runs slower and takes mus longer to respond running on my newer tablet. Just now I got a pop up window that says "Airport City is having trouble with Google Play services. If the problem persists, please contact the developer for assistance'. Why am I not surprised?

All the task windows now take up the entire screen when I open them. Even the window to land a visiting plane takes up the entire screen. I may be over 50, but my eyesight is not THAT bad. (sigh) I have not noticed any difference in 'zooming the display of the airport. The small view of the airport looks like it did before as does the large view of the airport.

GI Support mentioned something about changing the scale settings. I have not been able to find any option for that in the game. The only settings I have been able to find are for music and sounds. Does anyone know what GI Support might be talking about? I asked them that question in the email I sent them, asking them to transfer my game to my newer ASUS tablet. I also send GI a list of the changes that I think they SHOULD make to Airport City to improve the game play. Here is the list, in case you are interested.
1.Change the population increase for city hall upgrades from 100 to 1000. An increase of 100 is not enough to build any of the new buildings that are available at higher levels.
2. Increase the coins from flights, especially long ones (6+hours)
3. Increase the coins from buildings. The current levels are much too low.
4. Remove the restriction that you can't communicate with neighbors who are at a lower game level or who have not visited their city in a while. This is most annoying when you are visiting neighbors to get items to complete tasks or buildings.
5. Reduce the coin cost to upgrade the city hall, tower and terminal. Current prices are just too high and really slow down the game.

In my humble opinion, this update is going to annoy (to put it lightly) a heck of a lot of long time Airport City players, who like me are running on older tablets. Based on the reviews on Google Play, this is already evident.

I have posted this reply without reading this thread. I hope I have not annoyed anyone.
Regards,
Canadian Cowboy

Totally agree Canadian Cowboy - I am also 'over 50' I also do not need SUPER size task screen.
I used to be able to 'tap' on the postage stamp image of a flight, remind myself of the status (e.g. 3/30) the tap again to close the info, now I have to go to the 'x' top right to close it

I also agree with your recommendations for game play, especially rewards and costs - I don't want an easy game, I am prepared to pay some cash, but this game is disproportionately skewed.

I only play on iPad, no idea how to communicate with neighbours

I also can't find any scaling info

Peta

Bram

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
bramGN
Username
bramGN
I've done the update on my IOS but since the new version I am not receiving any gifts anymore :(

And I am not able to send Stitcers and Document Detectors anymore (without upgrading buildings)
I am now able to send 'old' gifts again.

Should I open a ticket for the not receiving gifts problem ?

Attachments

• 2016-07-20 12.10.06.png
    2016-07-20 12.10.06.png
    259.2 KB · Views: 103

Frz67

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Frz67
I've done the update on my IOS but since the new version I am not receiving any gifts anymore :(

And I am not able to send Stitcers and Document Detectors anymore (without upgrading buildings)
I am now able to send 'old' gifts again.

Should I open a ticket for the not receiving gifts problem ?

Did you receive the gifts I sent you from both my games?

I haven't received a single gift to any of my games as well since upgrading:blackeye:

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
GS4: GamingSwiftie4 (iPad), GS5: 04skwc5l
Username
GS4, GS5
While I am receiving some gifts, I am not receiving all gifts sent. Before the update I'd receive ~18 gifts each day on average. Yesterday I got three. So, something is definitely wrong.

Helen Elizabeth

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
Happy Helen
My gifting is totally messed up. I Apologize to all forum neighbors (@Happy Helen @Long @Capt Iz 69 @LAX @Yulee @Hburr @Deetee04 and whoever else I Forget) but apparently I can send one gift back then myngift list disappears!!! So Whoever sends me gifts, I do apologize if I cannot return...hopefully this mess is cleared up soon...
Yes' for the past two days I can only send one gift, in fact the game decides what I send?

So frustrating, wonder if GI can undo this last update!
I haven't bothered to send a ticket!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a6mOr2m and ag25st1
Username
Hotdog 1 and Hotdog
Yes' for the past two days I can only send one gift, in fact the game decides what I send?

So frustrating, wonder if GI can undo this last update!
I haven't bothered to send a ticket!

Same here. Only received 2 gifts at most and they decide what to send back. Totally unsatisfied with the updated.

Bram

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
bramGN
Username
bramGN
Neighbours:

I've just tried to visit some of my neighbours. I've tested 47
I just was able to collect from 6 of them. 13 are gone, the rest is out of town..

I wish I did not the update of this game :(

Mizscout

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ajgzv8p
Username
mizscout
So last night I was sending out gifts in Airport. I went over my 20 limit and didnt get the usual, you cant gift anymore today. So I did an experiment. I gifted every one of my neighbours, at least all the ones I have left. My gift count was at a minus number. Will try to add a screenshot to show. Dont know if any or all of the gifts went through but just had to laugh and shake my head at this.

Also dont like how huge everything looks now, especially on my 10inch tablet. Oh well

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-20-02-40-25.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-20-02-40-25.png
    432.6 KB · Views: 107
So last night I was sending out gifts in Airport. I went over my 20 limit and didnt get the usual, you cant gift anymore today. So I did an experiment. I gifted every one of my neighbours, at least all the ones I have left. My gift count was at a minus number. Will try to add a screenshot to show. Dont know if any or all of the gifts went through but just had to laugh and shake my head at this.

Also dont like how huge everything looks now, especially on my 10inch tablet. Oh well

So did you actually gifted 20+137 times?

Mizscout

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ajgzv8p
Username
mizscout
So did you actually gifted 20+137 times?
Yup, I gifted as normal. Just kept going and sent to everyone on my list. Got the usual pop up saying your neighbours thank you etc. But I dont know if any of the gifts got delivered. Did the same thing on my ios phone game as well. That one also went negative

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata

LOL Would be nice if all that gifts went through. If so, that's a good bug but we all know they probably did not go through. Sigh.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Knightrider
Hate the new update - pointless and irritating changes. The zooming thing is really disorientating.

Just played a secret faucet bonus and my fuel keeps counting back to zero as I watch it

I don't get this obsession with changing things unnecessarily for the sake of change.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
GI Support successfully transferred my game to my newer ASUS tablet. One building seems to have gone missing. I do not recall which one it is, but it is one of the buildings you get from a collection. Hopefully it will show up again. I do wish they would raise the population limit or remove it entirely. I have many buildings in my warehouse that I cannot build because I am at the population limit even with a level 10 town hall.

I agree with many others here who question why GI did a technical update to the game. I do not see any overall improvement. Rather there are more bugs and glitches.

GI Support did not answer my question about the scaling setting.

Last edited:

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
After I updated a support game, I found I had lost five of my 20 neighbors. I just opened it again to find I had lost another five. Hope they fix this soon.
Cheers,
Tom

Sambhav Jain

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Sj_(items I need)
Neighbours:

I've just tried to visit some of my neighbours. I've tested 47
I just was able to collect from 6 of them. 13 are gone, the rest is out of town..

I wish I did not the update of this game :(

That is why I never update game instantly..
GI has ritual of giving Buggy updates.

That is why I never update..
I always read reviews here

Day 3 of the biggest mess in updating history :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My main game is updated. I can visit around 20 out of 96 neighbors. I cannot visit anyone who has updated !!!!! No gifts received since Monday. Last night I joined 2 red launches both started by neighbors who I cannot visit but I could not join 3 other red launches of neighbors who I can visit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Second game is not updated - can visit everyone but had no gifts since Monday but I can visit my main game which has been updated ( so that throws GIs excuse for neighbors in the bin )

Third game updated and could not even open up so deleted and start again

Utter garbage, I will not put a ticket in because I don't want the same old excuse from Mary ( is she the only GI support - lol) just gonna ride the neighbor issue out as I can still join / start launches as my main aim at the moment is to get as many gold and silver coins as possible

Ddave1

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Regarding gifting. Those who have updated can only gift and receive to other that have updated. The same is true for those that aren't updated, can only gift and receive from non-updated neighbours.

For those that post in the daily gifting forum, for the foreseeable future it may be best to add in you sig or add in your post if you are updated.

Top Bottom