Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

4.6 Update

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Regarding gifting. Those who have updated can only gift and receive to other that have updated. The same is true for those that aren't updated, can only gift and receive from non-updated neighbours.

For those that post in the daily gifting forum, for the foreseeable future it may be best to add in you sig or add in your post if you are updated.

Maybe we need a list of players who updated and did not update. So those who updated will only send gifts to those who updated as well. Same for those who did not update. This way, we can avoid wasting gifts. Thoughts, anyone?

B17 Flying Fortress

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
B17
For those who can, I just changed my screen name to Notupdatng. Thank you to those testers who updated and sorry to those who auto updated. As all long time AC gamers know these updates can bring more problems than improvements. But this is by far the worst. I find it funny that AC says the more people who update the smoother things will run. Not a chance. I won't even update my low support games! Glad I don't have the issues of the update. I can put up with low gifting and NEW UPDATE popup ads for a while. B17

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I sent out gifts to all my neighbors and now my gift count is -157. Never seen this before. Interesting bug.
I have noticed something else that is odd. I am getting coins for buildings BEFORE the time they are due. For example a building that gives 125 coins in eight hours is giving 125 coins after only a couple of hours. I am not complaining about this. I'll take all the free coins I can get. I am not sure but I think something similar is happening with buildings that generate passengers. It does make me wonder what other bugs and glitches are hiding in the game that I do not know about.

The only GOOD glitch that I know of is Bob's Glitch key tool from Reboot. (Grin)

One more odd thing (Is this a bug?) which I noticed is that the passengers from a house are not being 'cut off' when you reach the maximum number of passengers for your terminal. For example say your maximum passengers is 800, and you have 799. If you tap on a house that generates more that one passenger, such as the Manor house that generates 9, you get all 9 added and the total number of passengers becomes 808. Before the update, you would get only one passenger from the house and the total number of passengers would be 800.

Regards,
Canadian Cowboy

Kamikaze

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
azu6g2g
Username
Kamikaze
Everytime i start the game, i'll get a popup window that shows my ranking from the past week, is it because i didn't update ?
and do i get the reward ? (see screenshot)
And another question: should i collect my collections before upgrading ? Or will they be available after upgrade ?
screen2107-png.3661

This mornings report from the updating disaster :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: -

I could visit more neighbors - including @Molly G who has updated and @B17 Flying Fortress who has not updated. I still have around a dozen who I cannot visit, the gifting is still screwed up and i would guess that not even 50% of my flight passenger numbers are being counted towards my alliance.

It feels great to visit some planetariums after a few days without - lol

Small improvements but still a long way to go

Ddave1

spearman78

150+ Star Club
Comeback Flyers
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
0477AFB5P
Username
spearman78
I apologize in advance, this may be a long one...

Well, I've got a slightly different take on this update thing.
Like many people, I've been playing this game for a little while now. As such, I've been through my fair share of updates, and it's been a while since I remember a fault-free update. The last one was especially horrible at first and I know some people still haven't done that update months back because of it.
Knowing this, anyone that's been on this forum for a while knows: (1) the importance of backing up your game, (2) how and when to back up (mine back up daily....I'd be more than happy to help those that don't know how to do so), (3) all of the recent updates have been buggy at best and (4) forum members will definitely post their glitches, bugs and whatnot once they update.

I, like many others, knowing these did the update on both my Android games, knowing full well I'd likely have bugs (not nearly as bad as most people). Since I knew full well what I was getting into (and being able to roll back to a pre-update backup if needed, why would I sit and complain about problems that I knew I would more than likely have once I updated?

Should G! have a smooth update? Definitely! Should they have dine a "technical update" knowing nothing was really wrong, especially given their track record? Probably not. Should G! customer service be more personable and not give blanket responses when we file tickets? !#$@ yes! Do we have a right to expect better, especially after spending time and sometimes money on this game? You bet!

Will I sit back and complain about something I knew would happen beforehand? Uh no, even though you're welcome and it's your right to do so.

Stella 748

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
akz73nv
Username
Stella 748

Like many people, I've been playing this game for a little while now. As such, I've been through my fair share of updates, and it's been a while since I remember a fault-free update. The last one was especially horrible at first and I know some people still haven't done that update months back because of it.
Knowing this, anyone that's been on this forum for a while knows: (1) the importance of backing up your game, (2) how and when to back up (mine back up daily....I'd be more than happy to help those that don't know how to do so), (3) all of the recent updates have been buggy at best and (4) forum members will definitely post their glitches, bugs and whatnot once they update.

I, like many others, knowing these did the update on both my Android games, knowing full well I'd likely have bugs (not nearly as bad as most people). Since I knew full well what I was getting into (and being able to roll back to a pre-update backup if needed, why would I sit and complain about problems that I knew I would more than likely have once I updated?

Should G! have a smooth update? Definitely! Should they have dine a "technical update" knowing nothing was really wrong, especially given their track record? Probably not. Should G! customer service be more personable and not give blanket responses when we file tickets? !#$@ yes! Do we have a right to expect better, especially after spending time and sometimes money on this game? You bet!

Will I sit back and complain about something I knew would happen beforehand? Uh no, even though you're welcome and it's your right to do so.
@spearman78 - I'd love to know how to back up my android game before I update, if you can help me? Thank you.

Last edited:

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh

Agree with everything but there is a "small" problem for win phone players - they are unable to do a backup (or at least never heard of that possibility on win phone). So for now we are totally dependent on GIs servers for which I know is a mess as I had to start once from scratch and next time I was pushed back 6 months.

spearman78

150+ Star Club
Comeback Flyers
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
0477AFB5P
Username
spearman78
Agree with everything but there is a "small" problem for win phone players - they are unable to do a backup (or at least never heard of that possibility on win phone). So for now we are totally dependent on GIs servers for which I know is a mess as I had to start once from scratch and next time I was pushed back 6 months.
I agree Windows phone is a bit tricky. I know Windows 7 and 8 have ways to back up. I would imagine Windows 8.1 and 10 have ways as well. Google to the rescue I guess.

spearman78

150+ Star Club
Comeback Flyers
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
0477AFB5P
Username
spearman78
@spearman78 - I'd love to know how to back up my android game before I back up, if you can help me? Thank you.
For my phone I use an app called Helium App Sync and Backup that works pretty well. There are a select number of Android devices that it won't work with like my Asus tablet (update: that MIGHT have changed since I first started using it about a year and a half ago).

What I use for my tablet is Titanium Backup. The down side to it is that the phone/tablet has to be rooted (the Android version of jailbreaking) and that can go either really well or really bad, which is why Helium is my personal preferred method.

I can vouch for both methods as I've used both methods to transfer game data to new devices.

-311vader-

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Vadersaber311
Username
Vadersaber311
Everytime i start the game, i'll get a popup window that shows my ranking from the past week, is it because i didn't update ?
and do i get the reward ? (see screenshot)
And another question: should i collect my collections before upgrading ? Or will they be available after upgrade ?
screen2107-png.3661
AJ stated that the collection items will be safe after this update and next, so I am saving mine. Gifts not open is what is lost.

Top Bottom