Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

4.6 Update

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
GS4: GamingSwiftie4 (iPad), GS5: 04skwc5l
Username
GS4, GS5
I'm also getting the issue with Duke's balloon, missing neighbors, etc. However, I'm also getting another issue too: My ! icon on the neighbors button will not disappear. I have no idea what is causing it, but it just stays there no matter what I do.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
I'm also getting the issue with Duke's balloon, missing neighbors, etc. However, I'm also getting another issue too: My ! icon on the neighbors button will not disappear. I have no idea what is causing it, but it just stays there no matter what I do.
I have the ! icon issue too but the icon disappear when I clean the waiting neighbor list

I've just re read the opening post of this thread from Ivan the developer, where he says "a big new update which will improve gifting etc" and we have done extensive QA!!!!

It's a mess, The neighbors problem I can just about put up with IF it al settles down as people update but we all know GI's poor programming may screw it up further. I have 3 games all on IOS, 2 updated and they cannot visit each other - both have been on for a while so should be synced with the servers but I will give it a little while longer yet.

But why have they made the inventory not alphabetical- it makes no sense whatso ever, who did they ask about in the extensive QA. The most important thing that needed attention was the poor programming, not making icons different sizes or changing the order of an inventory. It's all down to basic programming and developers making changes because they think they have to - not because it is needed.

Any work they may have done in the background to improve gifting etc has been negated with all those people who have lost items saved - fortunately I open everything straight away so I appear not to have lost anything, I just cannot visit most of my neighbors.

A couple of posts back, Molly has said that she has updated - she is on my neighbors list but I get a message saying she is away from the game and to call her back

Ddave1

Last edited:

Droidhak

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0494kqx0
Username
Droidhak
For the question about repairing airplanes: Yes, you can still repair planes with parts, but it's not as clear-cut as it used to be. Do click on the greenie button (greenies will not be automatically spent). Now, instead of clicking again on the new greenie button, click on the picture of the airplane part needed. For some reason, it's not showing how many of those parts you have, like it used to. That part will now be applied to your plane and supposedly deducted from your inventory.

Someday, I'm going to post an extensive pro/con about this update, and I'll be mentioning this lovely feature in it.

Helen Elizabeth

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
Happy Helen
I updated my iPad game BenjaminThomas and have lost several neighbours,
@greensmith , not sure what to do, what has helped other players to restore neighbours?

In Ireland I would say I'm an edjit (idiot) for updating, I'm just impatient I guess!

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Garttik
Username
Garttik
Next super feature after update is... when repairing plane and want speed up. You didnt see how many items is left in warehouse.. (yes.. I mean it ironically :( )

Yulee

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Yulee , Yulee 2
Username
Yulee , Yulee 2
@Helen, neighbours come back as they update apparently.

I like the zoom out feature as the game used to zoom out more years ago and I hated having to scroll so much to see my city after an update back then. I'm still leaving it a few days before updating though so don't worry if I can't gift or stuff, I did update and roll back so everyone should finally see my game as they should as it updated on the servers again finally!

Eric The Great

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Eric The Great
There has been a bug for a number of months where the buildings from Adventure collections, like the Aztec Pyramid, which produce one collectible item per day have stopped producing items for the Alliance Collections. Has anyone who has upgraded noticed if this bug is fixed?

I
There has been a bug for a number of months where the buildings from Adventure collections, like the Aztec Pyramid, which produce one collectible item per day have stopped producing items for the Alliance Collections. Has anyone who has upgraded noticed if this bug is fixed?
don't think it was a bug, fortunately I got them all before it was fixed but ski slope still drops them, at least does before the update, I bought five more if those in the sale which was a bit of luck.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
I am not sure what G! tried to solve on gifting before the updates. Gifting was working fine before the updates. Like I said, don't fix it if it's not broken. The problem is the constant crashing.

About items in the warehouse, maybe G! can make an option for players whether to sort them alphabetically or by group/type. There are times I like them alpha but there are times I want them grouped. Also, if we are collecting, we should not have to keep scrolling just to get to the middle of the collections.

GiftXchange

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
pm me to be added
Username
GiftX[change]
Just got the update on my iPhone and I'm ready to throw the device out the window. Everything is so small now and the appearance of many of the buildings has changed. I can't visit the majority of my neighbors which means no planetariums or launches for me for a while. None of the items in my warehouse are in alphabetical order. All the gifts I was waiting to return have disappeared. Duke's ballon keeps randomly flying in and then disappears. It's such a mess. I wish I would have turned off the automatic update feature in the iTunes Store.

Here it is: iOS | Android - how to prevent automatic AC updates

Molly G

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Azwriter12
I figured out why warehouse items are no longer in alphabetical order. They are now organized into groups. All the items you need to upgrade certain buildings are together, all the items you need for flights are together, etc. I kind of like this feature, but it's really the only thing I like about the new update.

Still finding more issues. When I returned a gift to someone all of the other gifts disappeared and I couldn't send one to anyone else who sent one to me.

I can't visit some of my neighbors who have already received the upgrade, so this neighbor visiting issue isn't limited to people who have not yet upgraded.

I have to hit some buttons several times before they work, in particular, in the alliance window.

People who still show up in my neighbor list say they can't see me even though none of us deleted each other. One of the people in my alliance is on my neighbor list, but I'm not on his. He was able to send me a new neighbor request, but it didn't go through because he still shows up as already being my neighbor.

Passengers from buildings and other items like coins and fuel take longer to be automatically collected than before. Before, I could tap all of my buildings and the passengers would be automatically scooped up quickly. Now they sit there twice as long, and sometimes the numbers don't add up properly. I was three passengers short of my limit, but it wouldn't let me collect any more.

Before, when you didn't have any of a certain type of plane available, it would show up as unavailable and show that you need greenies if you want to fly. Now it looks like you have that plane available, but when you tap it, it says you have none available. For example, I launched both of my two giants, but when I went back into my plane inventory it looked like they were still available to fly. In other words, the only planes that are available to fly with greenies are planes you don't have at all. It's not that I would spend greenies to fly planes, but now it's confusing trying to launch the planes you have.

When I look at which neighbors have launches active, several of them say "The Longest Name" instead of the person's username, so I can't tell which neighbor it is.

When you get a collectible item and the collection it belongs to pops up at the bottom of your screen, the items you didn't have used to be faded out so you knew you didn't have a complete collection yet. Now they all show up as full colored so it looks like you have a complete collection when you really don't. You have to look at the tiny numbers to see how many of each item in the collection you have.

Many of these issues are minor, but they make the game inconvenient. Honestly, the only reason I'm still playing right now is because I'm committed to my alliance. I can't visit neighbors with planetariums to get launch collections, so I'm stuck in that sense. Receiving and returning gifts is such a mess that it's almost not doable. I can't get used to the smaller appearance of everything. I don't mean to whine, but I just don't understand why they had to fix what wasn't broken. None of this stuff was necessary, and none of it makes the game more fun or more playable. I was going to tag Ivan in this post, but I'm not sure he would even care. He has not been helpful at all during this process and doesn't seem receptive to our frustrations.

Last edited:
Your right to complain Molly

This update is garbage, I have friends who I know have updated - you are one - and I still get the message saying that the or she has been away from the game and call them back

GI and the programmers are living in a land of make believe. They refuse to acknowledge the time traveller problem is down to basic programming so give us this crap update instead of doing simple things like create a programme which constantly accuses people of cheating. I have countless other games which are not affected by my internal iPad clock but only one which does have a problem with it :):):)

Ddave1

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m479so + almjced + aaa3pr1 + 0400ag7m
Username
vayka1 + noya12 + ayon1 + kaito1
Hi to you all,
When i read that the update is getting more and more bugs, I'M NOT GOING TO UPDATE MY GAMES,
untill GI is coming out with a new bugfree update.
Sorry for my friends who have updated and can't receive gifts or visit my games.
I know i can't visit you either, but my games are running well now without updating. So i leave it this way for a while!!
Thanks for the gifts which i get from friends who didn't update. As always gifts will be returned or what you need.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
This last update is to use the most accurate technical terms, a complete and utter disaster.

I am a long time player of Airport City and at level 60. After the update, I can no longer run the game because it is not supported by the hardware in my ASUS transformer. After contacting GI Support I have learned that they are not planning to back out of the update so my only option is to ask them to transfer my current game from my old tablet to my newer tablet. I do not want lose all my progress to date. In case you are wondering:
My old ASUS tablet which does not run the latest version of Airport City is
An ASUS Transformer TF 101
Android version 4.0.3My newer ASUS table which does run the latest version of Airport City is
ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
Andrioid version 4.2.1

I am most disappointed with this update to Airport City. The game runs slower and takes mus longer to respond running on my newer tablet. Just now I got a pop up window that says "Airport City is having trouble with Google Play services. If the problem persists, please contact the developer for assistance'. Why am I not surprised?

All the task windows now take up the entire screen when I open them. Even the window to land a visiting plane takes up the entire screen. I may be over 50, but my eyesight is not THAT bad. (sigh) I have not noticed any difference in 'zooming the display of the airport. The small view of the airport looks like it did before as does the large view of the airport.

GI Support mentioned something about changing the scale settings. I have not been able to find any option for that in the game. The only settings I have been able to find are for music and sounds. Does anyone know what GI Support might be talking about? I asked them that question in the email I sent them, asking them to transfer my game to my newer ASUS tablet. I also send GI a list of the changes that I think they SHOULD make to Airport City to improve the game play. Here is the list, in case you are interested.
1.Change the population increase for city hall upgrades from 100 to 1000. An increase of 100 is not enough to build any of the new buildings that are available at higher levels.
2. Increase the coins from flights, especially long ones (6+hours)
3. Increase the coins from buildings. The current levels are much too low.
4. Remove the restriction that you can't communicate with neighbors who are at a lower game level or who have not visited their city in a while. This is most annoying when you are visiting neighbors to get items to complete tasks or buildings.
5. Reduce the coin cost to upgrade the city hall, tower and terminal. Current prices are just too high and really slow down the game.

In my humble opinion, this update is going to annoy (to put it lightly) a heck of a lot of long time Airport City players, who like me are running on older tablets. Based on the reviews on Google Play, this is already evident.

I have posted this reply without reading this thread. I hope I have not annoyed anyone.
Regards,
Canadian Cowboy

Top Bottom