Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

4.6 Update

This whole thing with the update made me curious as I wanted to know what I might be in for with my Windows games when the updates arrived. I installed an android emulator on my PC, and installed the game on that and on my phone & tablet and updated all three.

So far:
Gifts between android games take 2-3 days to arrive, if at all. I was able to return 1 gift.
Can't visit PC neighbors (I added my own PC games as neighbors), although my PC games can visit the android games.
It takes greenies to speed up plane repair even though I have quite a few plane repair items.

I have to say, I'm not real impressed. Hopefully, these (and other problems) will be addressed in future updates. I hope GI gets their act together before they mess with windows games!

Next complaint: I'm not getting ANY landing lamps from flights to Turkish Coast!!! I did on the first 3 or 4 flights, but nothing on the last 10 flights!

spearman78

150+ Star Club
Comeback Flyers
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
0477AFB5P
Username
spearman78
@spearman78, i just returned a gift to you from 1 of my games. NOT UPDATED YET!!! Did you receive it???

I also didn't play the game for a day or 2, so i just checked all 3 my games.
It appears that all my games can update the latest version, the icon was shown!!!
My game VAYKA1 has the issue since last sunday that without updating, my city suddenly was highly zoomed in!!
I'm only seeing about 6 very large buildings in a square which i van collect from. So it takes a while to scroll all the squares
to collect coins and passengers. While scrolling to collect the game freezes a lot, before the next square is showing.
When i visit neighbors, it takes several minutes before i can see it and the buildings are also very huge!!!
I DON'T LIKE THAT AT ALL!!!:sick::sick::sick::sick::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

My other 2 games NOYA12 and AYON1 (ALSO NOT UPDATED YET) 'don't have the issue of highly zoomed in and are
showing my normal sized airport. The 2 games are working fine, don't freeze and when visiting neighbors, their cities are on normal size.

So when i read all the comments on the new update that there are a lot of problems again, sigh!!!, i'm NOT going to update my games!!!
If you send gifts to my games, i'll return them or in what you need. Thanks for the gifts!!!
I haven't received anything....

Mizscout

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ajgzv8p
Username
mizscout
@Long Free2Play , More issues with the gifting mess. This morning I had received 5 gifts from people. I accepted all 5 gifts. Then I returned 1 gift. When I returned that 1 gift all my other people that I am suppose to return gifts to disappeared. Did that two times this morning. Only shows 1 gift sent. Sorry people if you are not getting gifts in return.
Yes, my gifting is doing the same thing with this update. A pain for sure

mel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04chunln
Username
Meli2-what I need most
Yes, my gifting is doing the same thing with this update. A pain for sure

Same here. I was stupid enough to receive the first gift and return it right away before heading for the second one. That made things far more easy: after returning the first all of the other gifts)(not accepted yet) were gone. Next time: accept them all and then return one of them randomly.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
The gifts I receive drastically lessened after the mass update rolled out. I still don't get the logic of 'you will not receive gifts if you don't update'. I am pretty sure there is a way of making the gifting work across all versions. Unless of course it was designed that way to force everyone to update no matter how crappy it is.

Device
  1. Android
Nina, my son's android auto-updated yesterday. When it did, all of the shortcuts disappeared. I had to find it in the settings tab. Did you look there? If so, that sucks. :(
Yes I did found it there, but it keeps telling me \; failure to initialize. Your hardware does not support this application, sorry!. If I open from the play store, it is the same. Tomorrow I will send GIS an email. So Nina2 is out of order. Luckily Nina is still working. But for that one I have a ticket to. Transfer to my new phone doesn't work. So.... fingers crossed

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
axyzhtt
Username
Bongerman
So then, another update and another long story.
My game decided to give me the update with time traveler message, but I've been busy so haven't sorted it out yet. Or updated.
My missis however, well here goes.
Update came so she updated and all was well (not happy about gifts disappearing). Woke up this morning and :cry::mad::arghh::arghh::mad::rage::rage::rage::cry::mad:. 8ish months of play has disappeared completely. The list is pretty long but here's a few things missing.
All tokens gone.
Land gone.
Xmas buildings gone.
Planetarium gone.
2 control tower upgrades and hangers gone.
1800 launch ready boxes gone.
3 planes gone.
3runways gone.
2 terminal upgrades gone.
5 QL's gone.
Maps gone.
Hundreds of F20.
Loads of different buildings gone.

Opened a ticket with support and got this reply :

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!
My name is Mary and I'm glad to be of help.
We know that some players have faced troubles with rocket launches after the update, and we cannot leave you on your own in such a situation.
If you spent some items on the rocket but didn't perform the launch itself, all of these items are returned to your game automatically.
Please, specify if you lost only buildings progress and territories or you also lost the experience points.
Thank you!
Sincerely,
Mary

Even though we sent a list :banghead:
Were waiting for another reply now. If it doesn't go well she won't be playing anymore.
Quick update: game has jumped forward about 2-3 weeks and returned a couple things. (n)

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
So then, another update and another long story.
My game decided to give me the update with time traveler message, but I've been busy so haven't sorted it out yet. Or updated.
My missis however, well here goes.
Update came so she updated and all was well (not happy about gifts disappearing). Woke up this morning and :cry::mad::arghh::arghh::mad::rage::rage::rage::cry::mad:. 8ish months of play has disappeared completely. The list is pretty long but here's a few things missing.
All tokens gone.
Land gone.
Xmas buildings gone.
Planetarium gone.
2 control tower upgrades and hangers gone.
1800 launch ready boxes gone.
3 planes gone.
3runways gone.
2 terminal upgrades gone.
5 QL's gone.
Maps gone.
Hundreds of F20.
Loads of different buildings gone.

Opened a ticket with support and got this reply :

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!
My name is Mary and I'm glad to be of help.
We know that some players have faced troubles with rocket launches after the update, and we cannot leave you on your own in such a situation.
If you spent some items on the rocket but didn't perform the launch itself, all of these items are returned to your game automatically.
Please, specify if you lost only buildings progress and territories or you also lost the experience points.
Thank you!
Sincerely,
Mary

Even though we sent a list :banghead:
Were waiting for another reply now. If it doesn't go well she won't be playing anymore.
Quick update: game has jumped forward about 2-3 weeks and returned a couple things. (n)

Good grief.... and this is why I don't want to update.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
My Android support game automatically updated today. The first thing I noticed was that about ten neighbors were gone, including my Waverly huff main game. My Waverly huff game, however, still has the support game as a neighbor. Hope I can fix this.
My Warehouse items and Collections seem to be intact.
Cheers,
Tom

My Android support game automatically updated today. The first thing I noticed was that about ten neighbors were gone, including my Waverly huff main game. My Waverly huff game, however, still has the support game as a neighbor. Hope I can fix this.
Cheers,
Tom

Tom,

You probably left Google Play to auto-update (by default).
Turn auto-update off if you don't want to get on the bandwagon before you are good and ready.

I started a totally new Android game and tried to add my existing (not yet updated) games on Android & iOS. The invite came through, but I was not able to accept. Maybe GI made it such that you can only be neighbours with similarly updated neighbours.

BTW, thank you very much for all the stuff your support games sent to my games for the past few YEARS! I do hope they are still listed in your neighbourhood :)?

Yulee

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Yulee , Yulee 2
Username
Yulee , Yulee 2
I not update at all, will waiting update on IOS, so will update my 3 games at once, but off course will do it if all problem already gone

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
Cheers,
Tom
Tom
Same here updated automatically and i also lost around 10 neighbours, very buggy!!!
We may be experts of AC but not with these phone thingies
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::D

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Tom
Same here updated automatically and i also lost around 10 neighbours, very buggy!!!
We may be experts of AC but not with these phone thingies
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::D
I have both of my devices on manual. Want to choose what and when to update.

On android, i enev cannot do update. After update is downloaded, installing..... then i got error, that the game this time cannot be installed.... Maybe cause i am on slow 3G or slow wifi... Willdo it when i return to home... (y)

Eva

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
anh81eq
Username
Eva
My feedback on the update:
I got the new version of the game earlier this week. All went well, I kept my collection and neighbours except for one or two I recently added.
On the other hand all gifts received were gone so I can't send anything back or keep track of who sent anything so this method can't be used to avoid forgetting anyone (sorry in advance).
So all in all not too much disturbance unless "what the point" ? All was working and the update changed stuff that didn't need to...
BUT this morning my game went back a few months and I lost all new buildings like planetarium I purchased with saved greeness, all the collections I saved for the expected level up... Can I accuse GI of time travelling ? Probably ;)
I sent a message to support to restore my game, if they fail, I guess this is it for me this time.
Be wise, don't update
Eva

Frz67

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Frz67
Update is out for Ios, I am downloading it now.
Let's pray it works;)

Edit: first impression. I have not lost anything (so far) game feels a lot less responsive and those dialog pop ups are damn huge on the ipad

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Garttik
Username
Garttik
Oh, update is on Appstore..OK.. I try it too.. whish me best :D

UPDATE: Lost Preparation Launch, but all needed item is give me back.. I like new version with more distance look on city.

Last edited:
Top Bottom