Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Phone 8.1 End of Support

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hey all,
We've released the 6.2 update on iOS and Google Play yesterday, as you probably know already, and are doing our final QA on Windows, Samsung, and Amazon versions. We'll extend the time to complete the Time to Rock event for those three.

There's an important announcement for our Windows Phone players: the 6.2 update will be the last update for Windows 8.1. If you have Windows 10, there'll be an option to move your profile from 6.2 Windows 8.1 update to the 6.2 Windows 10 app (Universal Windows Platform app) by following instructions within the game without a need to contact the support team.

However, if you can't or don't want to upgrade to Windows 10, the only way to move your profile to other platform like iOS or Google Play — and therefore get further updates — will be through the support team. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, there's no way for us to support 8.1 further. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Ivan.

Hey all,
We've released the 6.2 update on iOS and Google Play yesterday, as you probably know already, and are doing our final QA on Windows, Samsung, and Amazon versions. We'll extend the time to complete the Time to Rock event for those three.

There's an important announcement for our Windows Phone players: the 6.2 update will be the last update for Windows 8.1. If you have Windows 10, there'll be an option to move your profile from 6.2 Windows 8.1 update to the 6.2 Windows 10 app (Universal Windows Platform app) by following instructions within the game without a need to contact the support team.

However, if you can't or don't want to upgrade to Windows 10, the only way to move your profile to other platform like iOS or Google Play — and therefore get further updates — will be through the support team. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, there's no way for us to support 8.1 further. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Ivan.
Thank you (y)

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Ah, so I was wondering what was it.
wp_ss_20180124_0001.jpg

So how it works? When I install the new one, will it ask me about my code?
What about the 100 item limit?

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
captain ian

It's academic since I'm in the process of moving my game, but FYI my game on WP8.1 has been stuck on version 5.8.10 for several months and while I keep getting notifications in the game to update, since late October the store listing has stated that the game is unsupported on my device. I don't know if that's because my phone can be updated to Windows 10 and I've chosen not to bother (performance wasn't great so I reverted back) but thought it was worth pointing out.

Related to this, my Lumia 950 on Windows 10 has 2 versions of Airport City installed - the original mobile only version (for which the app icon is now in black and white) and a newer version that is UWP and, I assume, identical to the version available for Windows 10 PC. I take it that you mean that the mobile only version is not getting updated beyond 6.2?

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
It's academic since I'm in the process of moving my game, but FYI my game on WP8.1 has been stuck on version 5.8.10 for several months and while I keep getting notifications in the game to update, since late October the store listing has stated that the game is unsupported on my device. I don't know if that's because my phone can be updated to Windows 10 and I've chosen not to bother (performance wasn't great so I reverted back) but thought it was worth pointing out.

Related to this, my Lumia 950 on Windows 10 has 2 versions of Airport City installed - the original mobile only version (for which the app icon is now in black and white) and a newer version that is UWP and, I assume, identical to the version available for Windows 10 PC. I take it that you mean that the mobile only version is not getting updated beyond 6.2?

Yes, mobile only is not getting updates beyond 6.2.

so they can remove the 100 item limit, they keep telling me they cannot, but i know of about 4-5 that have had it removed
$$$$$$$$
He is old player already his account not 100 limit but when he install new version its change to 100 limit.
Thats why i told him send to GI they will remove the 100 limit.

About the players they remove the 100 limit these players some of them already old players too and their game on :sleep::sleep::sleep: long time and they pay real money when they return back and update the game it is under the 100 limit and GI ask them for receipt copy thats why they remove.
You daily player keep asking them to remove the 100 limit.

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport
He is old player already his account not 100 limit but when he install new version its change to 100 limit.
Thats why i told him send to GI they will remove the 100 limit.

About the players they remove the 100 limit these players some of them already old players too and their game on :sleep::sleep::sleep: long time and they pay real money when they return back and update the game it is under the 100 limit and GI ask them for receipt copy thats why they remove.
You daily player keep asking them to remove the 100 limit.
i daily play, yes, i keep asking them to remove, for many reason, ie alliance task, landing lampps etc
they keep telling me it cannot be removed, but clearly it can

its my arguement, they wont even offer a dollar amount, which i said i was willing to pay, i just want a chance to compete with everyone else

i daily play, yes, i keep asking them to remove, for many reason, ie alliance task, landing lampps etc
they keep telling me it cannot be removed, but clearly it can

its my arguement, they wont even offer a dollar amount, which i said i was willing to pay, i just want a chance to compete with everyone else
Yes understand many players like you i hope there is a solution this year (y)

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Is there an Android build cap as well? I have version 7.0 (Samsung S7) and have just discovered that my phone is apparently not compatible anymore to receive AC updates and therefore not get the Valentine event. Should I send a ticket or is this even correct?

download

I suggest you to contact the support team.

Droidhak

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0494kqx0
Username
Droidhak
Thanks for the screenshot, Ivan. My Play store doesn't give the minimum OS for the game anywhere in the listing. In chatting with someone at my Verizon store today, the Galaxy S7 does not have Nougat 7.1 available yet, let alone 7.1.1, 7.1.2, or Oreo. This indicates that us S7 players can't get any more game updates, meaning we can't do events until Samsung finishes vetting 7.1 or the fine folks in your office can allow us to still get events for the time being. The guy at Verizon suggested that I chat with a Samsung rep at my local BestBuy to confirm this.

I have received a "ticket received" reply from tech support, so we'll see what we come up with. Thanks much.

Droidhak

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0494kqx0
Username
Droidhak
Okay, verdict:

Verizon has not approved 7.1 to be released to Galaxy S7s yet. They may be waiting so that they can add or change their own offerings. Who knows how long this will take. Until this happens, those of us affected (which is likely a whole bunch of players) can't do the event because our phones aren't compatible. And put up with the annoying popups saying that there's an update available. Hopefully GI's tech support can override this until Samsung gets their act together.

Thoughts?

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
The transfer was indeed quick and painless. The new app asked me if I want to start a new game or use the old one. Transfer itself was instant, no delays, no rollbacks and no 100 item limit either. Good job! : )

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Droidhak Minimum Android version is 4.11, you have 7.0. That's not the problem.

Are you using AC from Google store or Samsung store? Samsung version is EOL, there won't be any updates ever. You should move to Google Play version.

Top Bottom