Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows PC - Weekly Trading Thread - October 26th 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
To make the trading experience as easy as possible, please post the following details in your post and in your signature:

Username/Friend Code
In-Game Name
Items Required
Items You Can Send

If you already have these details in your signature, please feel free to post "See Signature" or copy and paste your signature into the post.

This thread will last for 1 week. After that it will be closed and a new thread created.

WAMike

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM for Neighbor Request
Username
Mike/item(s) needed
A happy last week of October to all!

Thank you for your daily gifts.

I found it interesting that they recognized Top 100 flight finishes outside the Top 10 for this past week. A few hundred coins are nice at least, especially when you're not expecting anything or when you only flew a small number of flights somewhere.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A happy last week of October to all!

Thank you for your daily gifts.

I found it interesting that they recognized Top 100 flight finishes outside the Top 10 for this past week. A few hundred coins are nice at least, especially when you're not expecting anything or when you only flew a small number of flights somewhere.

A few hundred coins were also welcomed here, not sure if this is a permanent situation or just temperary thing, but it was welcomed.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
(Please send pm for code, ty)
Username
Mr. K
A few hundred coins were also welcomed here, not sure if this is a permanent situation or just temperary thing, but it was welcomed.
You asked how does some manage more than one runways. I have visited your and others that have the one runways. I'm like how do they manage. I tried it and I didn't like it. I have two runways now Level 5 and 6. I used to have 5 but I finally realized that there were no benefit in having that many. I so reduced it two. All guest and my planes are capable of flying or landing on either runways. Yes runways do take up alot of space. But I can not have less then two. Easier to get planes to flight and landing when they are ready to return. Guest planes were an issue for me, sometime I have to wait for the bigger planes to refuel and I would lose 1 guest plane. So this had eliminated that problem for me. But each have their own and unique way of playing the games. Go and enjoy how you play. :)

Also, when visiting all of your stations, your stations are all breathe taking. I mean. WOW. Now they are offering metro stations if you purchase coins or greenies. I said to myself "NO". But the question is, do those statons they offer really does benefit your stations?

When visiting my station, your going to see some reorganization on it, just didn't like where certain things were. LOL it's going to take some more tinkering until I am satisfied. But whose ever satisfied?

Okay motor mouth is done yapping....me thinks. :)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Okay so that didn't last long. Gifting will not be until this afternoon when I return from work. :whistle::whistle::whistle::D

Last edited:

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
You asked how does some manage more than one runways. I have visited your and others that have the one runways. I'm like how do they manage. I tried it and I didn't like it. I have two runways now Level 5 and 6. I used to have 5 but I finally realized that there were no benefit in having that many. I so reduced it two. All guest and my planes are capable of flying or landing on either runways. Yes runways do take up alot of space. But I can not have less then two. Easier to get planes to flight and landing when they are ready to return. Guest planes were an issue for me, sometime I have to wait for the bigger planes to refuel and I would lose 1 guest plane. So this had eliminated that problem for me. But each have their own and unique way of playing the games. Go and enjoy how you play. :)

Also, when visiting all of your stations, your stations are all breathe taking. I mean. WOW. Now they are offering metro stations if you purchase coins or greenies. I said to myself "NO". But the question is, do those statons they offer really does benefit your stations?

When visiting my station, your going to see some reorganization on it, just didn't like where certain things were. LOL it's going to take some more tinkering until I am satisfied. But whose ever satisfied?

Okay motor mouth is done yapping....me thinks. :)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Okay so that didn't last long. Gifting will not be until this afternoon when I return from work. :whistle::whistle::whistle::D

When I first posed the question regarding 'how many runways do you need' I'd placed it in the wrong place, in the weekly trading place. I then realised my mistake and placed the subject matter under Airport City Questions, where it should have been placed in the first place. I also took the opportunity to rewrite into.

D

Deleted member 5399

The thing about runways is this. First the Control Tower only manages two incoming guest planes at a time. Two, when any planes land, we all know one has to be quick with the mouse to click on the floating icon,to get the best item drops possible. Having multiple runways side by side, like many of us do/ well that's quite risky in the real world scenario. Or if you are going to risk it, why not place the fuel stations at the end?
But really, spend the money on runways? Like @Ten33go said; having two is plentiful enough.
Now if only GI would let me build a Earplug factory, I'd be set.
BTW one Defroster and 2 Cooling chambers and two and a half days should give me one catering facility. It's under construction now.

Cluck

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wjqz51o
Username
Cluck

. :whistle::whistle::whistle::D

Until I decided to spend some money on the game I used to have the same reservation as @Captain WH Rollins and would only have 1 runway. Too much space I thought.

Now I can't live without at least 2, but prefer having 3 runways.

Metro stations give 10% bonus passenger to any residential bldg. near it. I personally think they are worth it.

I enjoy this game so much that I choose to spend some money on it. Now I spend about $10 a month during sales or special offers. This allows me the luxury of buying more space each month, buying golden dice, excavation maps and then the occasional splurge on a special or mystery building. That is all I typically spend my greenies on.

The great thing about this game is everyone can only have their own successful strategy. I am very impressed with some of my neighbors that haven't spent real money. Wow! The only proven best strategy is Dedication to the Game. Day in and day out.

I feel I should put Airport and City Manager on my resume now. LOL

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
w99l1fy
Username
Saralaraloola
Morning/Afternoon/evening people,

Sorry for no gifts being sent out over the weekend as its been very hectic for me and will only continue. Just a brief overview, during the day I run a daycare with 5 kids in my home, I also have 4 children of my own ranging from 18yrs to 11months, plus I have a 4 month old English Bulldog. I'm going back to evening college next week to study to be an esthetician as we are currently buying a property 2 hours away (where our cottage is) to open as a salon which I will manage next year, so we are also out buying equipment for it to. Oh plus my husband is form a large family (he is the youngest of 8 children) so there is lots of family events this time of the year with birthdays, Halloween, xmas etc, so if I don't respond to your inbox or send you your gifts straight away, it's probably because I haven't had the time. However I've sent what I could today, if I missed you you'll be gifted tomorrow. Now I need to consult my calendar to see when I can shower! lol

Morning/Afternoon/evening people,

Sorry for no gifts being sent out over the weekend as its been very hectic for me and will only continue. Just a brief overview, during the day I run a daycare with 5 kids in my home, I also have 4 children of my own ranging from 18yrs to 11months, plus I have a 4 month old English Bulldog. I'm going back to evening college next week to study to be an esthetician as we are currently buying a property 2 hours away (where our cottage is) to open as a salon which I will manage next year, so we are also out buying equipment for it to. Oh plus my husband is form a large family (he is the youngest of 8 children) so there is lots of family events this time of the year with birthdays, Halloween, xmas etc, so if I don't respond to your inbox or send you your gifts straight away, it's probably because I haven't had the time. However I've sent what I could today, if I missed you you'll be gifted tomorrow. Now I need to consult my calendar to see when I can shower! lol
waiting on friend acceptance from gameradar2

Have completed gifting for the day. Many thanks for the gifts received. :cool:

As for the question of runways, I keep three. The reason was simply when I was using smaller planes to fly to destinations I had three of them and like to just send them off all at the same time. I got used to 3 so now keep it that way because of this. I also have more than enough extra space on the airport side. Probably at some future point I will again have 3 of some of the bigger planes once I upgrade all the very expensive buildings. I don't think I will ever go over 3 as it seems like there would be no benefit after that in my opinion.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wjplg3o
Username
strats
Thanks to everyone for the gifts over the last while. Very much appreciated!

I thought I would chime in on the runways and spending greenies talk. From the very beginning I decided I did not want to spend my own money on this game. I am now coming up to about one year of playing this game - I remember when I started there was a Halloween quest going on. I digress for a moment - but I have been anticipating the Halloween quest this year and have yet to see anything. In fact there has been little quest activity for sometime. Is anyone aware if the Halloween quest is going to happen - and if so when?

I am now at 144 stars for flights and hopefully will hit 150 very soon. But in my attempts to play this game not spending my money I have had to do two things. One - be very patient. And secondly conserve on the expenditure of greenies. This has meant I have had to use all the land space I can. In this I have found that two runways suffice very well. I have a runway five and a six now and see no need to change this. I also have the second level baggage hall - I have considered upgrading - but again it is all about patience.

So in a year - I have spent a grand total of $25 - all to purchase more greenies. I have been very tempted to spend more - and I could afford to spend a little more - but I always resort back to my initial goal of spending nothing.

Finally - I would like to chirp in with the concern about Anderj topping so many of the flights on a weekly basis. GI must be fully aware of this and they let it happen. I suspect he is part of their group. So I just get over it and realize first is never possible. I was tempted last week as I led the flight to Santiago all week until Sunday. At 9:30 in the morning I led with 40 flights and Anderj was no where to be found. In fact I started to think he may leave Santiago alone for the week. However, when I checked back at 11:00 he was now leading with 107 flights. Therefore he put through 107 flights in a period of no more than 90 minutes. Now I have no idea how that is even possible - but the thing that happened here was there was no incremental gain to the flights. One hit of 107 flights at one time - and then no increase for the four hours following before the week ended.
I cannot believe this is good for the game - it is bound to turn many players off for it - but again GI has to know that Anderj pretty much wins every destination every week and they allow it. So either I need to quit like others or just accept it. But it certainly is not good for the game.

There is my rant - good playing to everyone.

Cluck

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wjqz51o
Username
Cluck
Did everyone here they discovered I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline baggage -
Thanks to everyone for the gifts over the last while. Very much appreciated!

I thought I would chime in on the runways and spending greenies talk. From the very beginning I decided I did not want to spend my own money on this game. I am now coming up to about one year of playing this game - I remember when I started there was a Halloween quest going on. I digress for a moment - but I have been anticipating the Halloween quest this year and have yet to see anything. In fact there has been little quest activity for sometime. Is anyone aware if the Halloween quest is going to happen - and if so when?

I am now at 144 stars for flights and hopefully will hit 150 very soon. But in my attempts to play this game not spending my money I have had to do two things. One - be very patient. And secondly conserve on the expenditure of greenies. This has meant I have had to use all the land space I can. In this I have found that two runways suffice very well. I have a runway five and a six now and see no need to change this. I also have the second level baggage hall - I have considered upgrading - but again it is all about patience.

So in a year - I have spent a grand total of $25 - all to purchase more greenies. I have been very tempted to spend more - and I could afford to spend a little more - but I always resort back to my initial goal of spending nothing.

Finally - I would like to chirp in with the concern about Anderj topping so many of the flights on a weekly basis. GI must be fully aware of this and they let it happen. I suspect he is part of their group. So I just get over it and realize first is never possible. I was tempted last week as I led the flight to Santiago all week until Sunday. At 9:30 in the morning I led with 40 flights and Anderj was no where to be found. In fact I started to think he may leave Santiago alone for the week. However, when I checked back at 11:00 he was now leading with 107 flights. Therefore he put through 107 flights in a period of no more than 90 minutes. Now I have no idea how that is even possible - but the thing that happened here was there was no incremental gain to the flights. One hit of 107 flights at one time - and then no increase for the four hours following before the week ended.
I cannot believe this is good for the game - it is bound to turn many players off for it - but again GI has to know that Anderj pretty much wins every destination every week and they allow it. So either I need to quit like others or just accept it. But it certainly is not good for the game.

There is my rant - good playing to everyone.
Awesome Rant!!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wr3dowk
Username
lorna
Hello everyone
So I am trying to get flight catering up and running, but it won't let me fly to Dubai to get the stuff I need for fight catering without having a fight catering building. Is this a normal problem or is it just me? Do i have to rely on gifts to start this building? Have i done something wrong or out of order? Anyone know. Anyways any gifts specially of those in bold are appreciated. Thanks heaps. Please give me a yell if you wanna be neighbors or want a particular gift.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Dear Flyguys and Flydolls

I've just finished sending out my gifts for today and I've updated my signature of needs and requirements. My good news is this time tomorrow I will be in Heart 9 land (which means 12 neighbor visits instead of 11, this should bump up my income a little). It has taken a great deal of time and patience in getting there but it has been worth it (I just might peel myself a carrot and celebrate with my pulse laser gun). Also, I'm just past the half way mark towards 400,000k coins to upgrade to MCC3 building.

I will be back on the grind tomorrow. Sleep is now in order, after I've had my carrot and fired my pulse laser gun a few times. Cardboard cut-out person's name has been withheld for legal reasons. My pulse laser gun supplied by www.shoot-the-sods-anytime-day-or-night-I-don't-give-a-rats-arse.com

My regards to all flyers out there.

Captain WH Rollins

Hello everyone
So I am trying to get flight catering up and running, but it won't let me fly to Dubai to get the stuff I need for fight catering without having a fight catering building. Is this a normal problem or is it just me? Do i have to rely on gifts to start this building? Have i done something wrong or out of order? Anyone know. Anyways any gifts specially of those in bold are appreciated. Thanks heaps. Please give me a yell if you wanna be neighbors or want a particular gift.

There is no building requirement to fly to Dubai. The requirement for a flight catering facility starts with Moscow the destination right below Dubai in the list of destinations. Not exactly sure why it would be any different, perhaps a screen shot of what you are seeing would help.

http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/Dubai

Last edited:

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
@Lorna - That's a glitch in the game since the last update. Before it, you could fly to Dubai without the Flight Catering Facility to pick up items FOR the Flight Catering Facility. But since the update, you can't. You have to acquire the items via gifting. Before the update, I had 2 flights in to Dubai, after the update, I couldn't fly there anymore. LOL. It happens to everyone! We'll get you up and running soon enough. *S*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom