Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Will not play any more events if GI keeps this trend

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ck3kdo
Username
aaaaapilot
Use to finish almost all events in last 2 years. Only failed 2. However, this wildlife will be the third one to fail because there is no way to reach lvl 20 even with gold subscription and a premium pass. To reach it, you have to play all the time with lots of fuels and lucky tickets. This is not what I want. After changing to the new event model, GI is trying harder and harder to push people to put more time and money on the event. Premium pass is keeping devalued (Collector Item building + max pax building + 2 airplanes VS 1 airplane VS 1 airplane). and event is getting harder (100 guest planes VS 300 guest planes, heli tasks). I can tell only < 5% people can finish the event from the rank list. This does not make any sense and becomes pointless.

It is possible to finish without paying.
I do not have gold sub either.

But I have to admin that I had to spend much time in game (landing guest planes and trying to keep all my 7 heli in the air all the time).
And I must have done at least 300 quick fuel returns on hawk planes to be able to get to level 20. This was only possible because I have multiple supports. Otherwise incoming fuel from gifts would have been too low.

But I do agree, that GI is making it very very very hard to complete.
If you are not a high-level player, or do not pay, your chances of completing the event has been many times lower than they where before.

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
Was possible to complete without paying, and I’m sure a number of people did. However, for a larger portion of players, who in the past have been able to get event buildings, it was very improbable.

I gave it a shake by flying only event destinations for the week, completing tasks (with lucky ticket bonus) and doing about 30% more passengers than I normally do but ended up around 25% short. The first event building I have failed on since starting trying them in early March (I bought completion on the previous one).

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Remember, this event's duration was probably supposed to be 2 weeks.

But there was a delay of 1 week because of bugs and GI decided to roll it either way to get their doses of biweekly income (premium passes, level completion), and from the look of it they are pretty successful too.

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
Remember, this event's duration was probably supposed to be 2 weeks.

But there was a delay of 1 week because of bugs and GI decided to roll it either way to get their doses of biweekly income (premium passes, level completion), and from the look of it they are pretty successful too.

Assuming originally intended for a Thursday and came out Monday (from memory) then yes 4 extra days and I would have likely made it. But I count myself as someone who spends considerable time / money so think still an underlying issue in design.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Assuming originally intended for a Thursday and came out Monday (from memory) then yes 4 extra days and I would have likely made it. But I count myself as someone who spends considerable time / money so think still an underlying issue in design.

Maybe it's purposefully designed that way. There are a lot of people willing to pay for extra level. So either you spend money or play the game the whole day.

I remember the update plan was supposed to be early in the week (that's why I assumed it was supposed to be a 2-week event)

FreeAsABird

Device
  1. Android
  2. Facebook
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20hut0reh
Username
A-1 thru 5
Too many things to do imho. Again with the micro-management on helis, way too many numerous tasks and again no gift exchanging between players, other than visiting neighbors for 1 rodent per zoo or other building.
And most certainly giving anyone 7 days to finish when no one even had a clue what they needed to do right from the start as it was new to all. Now I have 24+ zoos, most in storage
I DID buy a premium pass, but still finished with maybe 8 hours left to go in the event.
Plus many were multitasking launches as well, many QL parties, just to keep up w fuel demands.
Like a 3 ring circus
And a circus run by clowns at GI

Oh I did NOT mention, I barely slept too

I couldn't agree with you more. I have been playing AC since it came out and I believe the only reward that I missed out on was the original Christmas tree. It is becoming much harder to complete the quests and get the reward.

However, the MAJOR changes to gameplay have made playing the game much less fun. The biggest one being the 100 limit. This is mostly affecting my high end flights as I now CONSTANTLY need flight items from RDF, VR, ER, EP, etc. to fly. I HATE micromanaging this aspect of the game and don't want to play it as a result. In addition, with not being able to move buildings from the last TWO events to the warehouse, space is running out. It costs way too much for land expansions and is making the game unplayable.

If GI continues down this path and doesn't address some of these issues, it is going to be hard to keep playing. I am about 60 stars from 1000 on my main game. I will probably try to hit this achievement and if things don't improve, that could be the end of LAX.

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
I couldn't agree with you more. I have been playing AC since it came out and I believe the only reward that I missed out on was the original Christmas tree. It is becoming much harder to complete the quests and get the reward.

However, the MAJOR changes to gameplay have made playing the game much less fun. The biggest one being the 100 limit. This is mostly affecting my high end flights as I now CONSTANTLY need flight items from RDF, VR, ER, EP, etc. to fly. I HATE micromanaging this aspect of the game and don't want to play it as a result. In addition, with not being able to move buildings from the last TWO events to the warehouse, space is running out. It costs way too much for land expansions and is making the game unplayable.

If GI continues down this path and doesn't address some of these issues, it is going to be hard to keep playing. I am about 60 stars from 1000 on my main game. I will probably try to hit this achievement and if things don't improve, that could be the end of LAX.
And I think many players are thinking the same. It reminds me of the wave that 100 limit made. A lot of players quit after V7. I think that GI is trying to fulfill their revenue plans only. I said it before, but this game is starting to look like all those games that I saw my kids play. Pay to win rather than play for free :(
I have no problem to pay if I find the purchase worth the money. I have gold sub for 6 months, I purchased a lot of greenies, but I was sad with myself after I paid in last event just to finish it... So no more money on events from me.

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
And I think many players are thinking the same. It reminds me of the wave that 100 limit made. A lot of players quit after V7. I think that GI is trying to fulfill their revenue plans only. I said it before, but this game is starting to look like all those games that I saw my kids play. Pay to win rather than play for free :(
I have no problem to pay if I find the purchase worth the money. I have gold sub for 6 months, I purchased a lot of greenies, but I was sad with myself after I paid in last event just to finish it... So no more money on events from me.

Agree with paying for value - I also pay for gold sub and greens (for land) and I also was annoyed at paying out extra in the previous event just so I could finish it and get what I originally assumed was going to be the benefit of my premium pass.

I think someone else said it elsewhere but I'm going to steal it / paraphrase by saying that in the long run I would think that G! would make a lot more money by implementing something closer to the first attempt on the new format event (though the progress part was too easy) where people were handing over money for premium because it was a nice bonus not a necessity. The model we are seeing now appears to be just making a lot of people more pessimistic - I imagine they have (or will over time) lost more of those first time premium buyers than what they have gained in event completion buyers?

I didn't finish the event but I got what I wanted (zoo 1, aviary, GH, and panda park). I finished the Sri Lanka collection 5 minutes before the event finished around midnight. I only had 4 days to play seeing that Gi is probably no longer supporting Amazon Android. I just got a new Android device that is much better suited to play events universally when updates come out. Just to let Amazon Kindle players to get a better Android device and get your updates on Google apps.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I love this forum, but recently, it's become simply a soundboard of frustrations and ideas for passionate players of the game. I think we need to make more use of the situation, as we can certainly use this platform to do some powerful things.
I think we need to make an effort to directly get information to the developers, as the chasm between developer and consumer has grown quite large since Free2Play's departure. We should make an effort to contact customer support and give them feedback whenever we can. We can either do this on an individual basis or collectively as a group. I think giving collective feedback periodically would provide more of an impact because it would be a collection of novel ideas as well as suggested fixes....instead of countless messages that don't have as much power on their own.
I've started to make an effort to give customer support feedback on my own, but if anyone is passionate enough about letting their voices be heard, I will gladly join with you in a collaborated effort. We can maybe send a message monthly to customer support pooling together all our ideas/feedback from recent events and updates.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
It is possible to finish without paying.
I do not have gold sub either.

But I have to admin that I had to spend much time in game (landing guest planes and trying to keep all my 7 heli in the air all the time).
And I must have done at least 300 quick fuel returns on hawk planes to be able to get to level 20. This was only possible because I have multiple supports. Otherwise incoming fuel from gifts would have been too low.

But I do agree, that GI is making it very very very hard to complete.
If you are not a high-level player, or do not pay, your chances of completing the event has been many times lower than they where before.

May I ask, how did you keep your Heli Fuel up while keeping a continual up time on the heli trips? I found myself having to throttle (pun intended) the number of trips severely since heli fuel doesn't regenerate. Is there a fuel replenishment option other than Fuel Station H or an optimal rotation to keep maximum uptime?

May I ask, how did you keep your Heli Fuel up while keeping a continual up time on the heli trips? I found myself having to throttle (pun intended) the number of trips severely since heli fuel doesn't regenerate. Is there a fuel replenishment option other than Fuel Station H or an optimal rotation to keep maximum uptime?
My goal was to keep them in the air all the time. But i had to get small breaks from time to time to replenish.
Most of the times when i needed to build items i did not have yet.
Production was hard to get all items all the time. Needed to work also which made making all items more difficult.
I think i got them in the air around 70 to 80% of the time.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
imdcaptain
I thought the event was "reasonable" in that you did not need to buy a premium pass or use lucky tickets to complete the event, however, you did need to invest at least 4 to 6 hours a day on screen time to finish within a week (or 8 to 12 hours over 3 or 4 days). It definitely favored those who had helicopter infrastructure maxed out.

However, I would like to see more balance so that most players can finish the event without investing a lot of time or money. My group had players that were only level 70/71 or higher, less than half reached 22k event points needed to finish the event without paying for a level-up (level-up does not count in the standings). If you were in a group with players at lower level, my guest is that even fewer players were able to complete the event.

I do like the events being more challenging, the variety of ways to earn event points and find the premium pass a reasonable value (though barely).. just need to make completion more accessible.

Someone mentioned above the value of the premium pass has been moving in the wrong direction, I agree with that assessment. The first pass included two mystery planes and a building that provided item drops for collections. The second pass had a red helicopter and mystery plane, but no building with item drops. The third pass only had a single mystery plane... obviously there are other benefits to the premium pass, but those were the juicy items, especially if you are not able to easily gain alliance maps to earn S3 planes.

Top Bottom