Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Why do we give these idiots our money!?

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Joboo
Well, I've had my last straw with GI just now. My finger slipped while I was looking at the items I still needed for my Rock Arena, and *poof*, 22 greens gone, without so much as a courtesy "are you sure" confirmation screen as a fail-safe. Ask GI support about this... "We don't refund accidentally spent money. Thanks for understanding!" What a bunch of customer-service bs! If I played on Android, I could build that back up with weekend promos, or just use one of the hacks out there to get unlimited greens, but on my iPhone, I actually spent real cash for those greens! (chump!).

Now I realize that 22 greens cost, what, $2? But to me it's the principle! You can't tell me this issue hasn't been raised to them before; they know how easy it is to "accidentally" blow 22 or more greens with one of these missions. You think they'd fix it to keep their paying customers happy, but nooooo....how would they make money to feed their children?

I could probably rant for a while, but all I want to do is stir up all our ire against this incompetent company. I for one am going to continue to slog it out the old fashioned way, and never spend another dime (or green!) on this game again, and I hope you all chose to do the same...

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Yea, they really should have a confirmation message before doing any kind of action.

Also, I wish they would remove that Most Popular and Most Useful that pops up every time you get in the game.

Helen Elizabeth

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
Happy Helen
Well, I've had my last straw with GI just now. My finger slipped while I was looking at the items I still needed for my Rock Arena, and *poof*, 22 greens gone, without so much as a courtesy "are you sure" confirmation screen as a fail-safe. Ask GI support about this... "We don't refund accidentally spent money. Thanks for understanding!" What a bunch of customer-service bs! If I played on Android, I could build that back up with weekend promos, or just use one of the hacks out there to get unlimited greens, but on my iPhone, I actually spent real cash for those greens! (chump!).

Now I realize that 22 greens cost, what, $2? But to me it's the principle! You can't tell me this issue hasn't been raised to them before; they know how easy it is to "accidentally" blow 22 or more greens with one of these missions. You think they'd fix it to keep their paying customers happy, but nooooo....how would they make money to feed their children?

I could probably rant for a while, but all I want to do is stir up all our ire against this incompetent company. I for one am going to continue to slog it out the old fashioned way, and never spend another dime (or green!) on this game again, and I hope you all chose to do the same...
joboo

Yes, that's all happened to us at some stage, but won't bore you with my details.
Will send you gift later, hope it cheers you up :)
Good to have a rant now & then ;)

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Welcome to the world of "GIS Sucks"...

I will never give them a penny... actually do my best to break any revenue stream they try to make by making some of the gitable items harder to get or impossible to get so you are forced to pay up!!

I do agree with the notion that if you want to progress very quickly you pay up - but making it impossible for the other is just not on...

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Welcome to the world of "GIS Sucks"...

I will never give them a penny... actually do my best to break any revenue stream they try to make by making some of the gitable items harder to get or impossible to get so you are forced to pay up!!

I do agree with the notion that if you want to progress very quickly you pay up - but making it impossible for the other is just not on...

tdv - sometimes I wonder if some at GI lurk in AC forums like this. If they do and they can see what we post and how we work around their limitations, couldn't they ban or disconnect us from the game since they can see our friend codes? :eek:

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
diwata - They are here... Why do you think I am at game 19 now!!! They do try to ban my game... :mad: under various pretences...

Nothing we are doing is illigal or against their T&C's... They just need to play with in the rules. It should be made clear from the begning if you don't spend money you will never get "all inc bracelets" (as an example) - not the usual crap like every neighbour has a chance to be able to gift it - you just need to find someone.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
diwata - They are here... Why do you think I am at game 19 now!!! They do try to ban my game... :mad: under various pretences...

Nothing we are doing is illigal or against their T&C's... They just need to play with in the rules. It should be made clear from the begning if you don't spend money you will never get "all inc bracelets" (as an example) - not the usual crap like every neighbour has a chance to be able to gift it - you just need to find someone.

Oh my, I am naive. Maybe have the forum locked and only members or maybe active posters/players can access? Not sure how that works though.:unsure:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
No code
Username
No game
I have not i any way, supported GI with real money. The game are, in Google play, in the "free" department. I my world, then it's free. This in danish means "no pay".
Sure it take som time, but most important as The Beatles said: i get by with a lillte help form my friends", and thanks to that.
The lastes gimmic from GI, that you only can send fuel, via Facebook, signaling it's too easy to fuel neighbours. My guess, there are more like this in the future.
I'll keep on, as long as i have good neighbours.. But i do not feed the troll. If the want money, i will delete the game.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Until now I still don't understand why GI gives weekend codes to Android players but not ios. Because of Apple's ToS? Some people call BS, but why are they willing to give it to Android players? Just wondering if anyone has any insight about this?

Top Bottom