Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Tuesday 21st May 2013 - iPad & iPhone Daily Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrstepot

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Beckyp
I have a trading question I want to pose to this forum:
I have a (non-forum) neighbor who sends me something I don't need every single day. Do I:
1. Not send or return any gifts to this neighbor and hope he gets the point?
2. Occasionally return a gift just to play fair?
3. Delete the person as a neighbor?
What would you do?
Cheers,
Tom
greensmith this is a dilemma. Part of the fun of this game is being able to help each other. It gets complicated if you can't communicate with someone to find out what they need or let them know what items you would find helpful. So when I receive continuous gifts from someone who isn't on the forum, I use your second option and occasionally return the gift. But, like you, I don't like to take a gift from a forum member to do this.
I feel a little mean when I have to delete someone - I have only done it when I have been unable to visit someone's airport city or when it appears someone is no longer playing.
I am not sure there is an easy answer to your question. I wish all my neighbors were on the forum!
Becky

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Friend Code
aeuu6ca
Username
iPad Jahuno. | iPhone Jahuno2 | Android !jahuno xxx
greensmith this is a dilemma. Part of the fun of this game is being able to help each other. It gets complicated if you can't communicate with someone to find out what they need or let them know what items you would find helpful. So when I receive continuous gifts from someone who isn't on the forum, I use your second option and occasionally return the gift. But, like you, I don't like to take a gift from a forum member to do this.
I feel a little mean when I have to delete someone - I have only done it when I have been unable to visit someone's airport city or when it appears someone is no longer playing.
I am not sure there is an easy answer to your question. I wish all my neighbors were on the forum!
Becky
May I ask why you delete someone whose airport you cannot visit?
Reason why I'm asking is that I know some people (including me) cannot visit my husbands (Hermie) airport, but he is a daily (iOS) player and he needs gifts too (which he receives btw). For some reason I cannot visit his airport anymore since the time the servers were offline, but he does get visitors now and then, so there must be people that can visit him (go figure). I'm not suggesting that you should or shouldn't add or remove Hermie as a neighbor, I merely want to know your reasons to remove neighbors you cannot visit.
Now since I offended another forum member once without knowing how I did that (I'm Dutch and my English is okay, but far from perfect and I always try to avoid being blunt), I hope I don't offend you with this question and if so, please tell me.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Friend Code
aeuu6ca
Username
I have a trading question I want to pose to this forum:
I have a (non-forum) neighbor who sends me something I don't need every single day. Do I:
1. Not send or return any gifts to this neighbor and hope he gets the point?
2. Occasionally return a gift just to play fair?
3. Delete the person as a neighbor?
What would you do?
Cheers,
Tom
That is a dilemma indeed. And I solve this myself by returning the gift once and awhile, hoping this neighbor finds it useful. If you want to do it like that, I won't feel offended if you send that neighbor instead of me for instance. There are only 20 gifts to send and I understand that I cannot be on everybody's send-list every day (since there are more than 20 friends in this forum already)...
I am thinking of keeping track of people who send me a gift (often or sometimes) and then delete the once that don't. But I haven't come around to that yet.

Mrstepot

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Beckyp
May I ask why you delete someone whose airport you cannot visit?
Reason why I'm asking is that I know some people (including me) cannot visit my husbands (Hermie) airport, but he is a daily (iOS) player and he needs gifts too (which he receives btw). For some reason I cannot visit his airport anymore since the time the servers were offline, but he does get visitors now and then, so there must be people that can visit him (go figure). I'm not suggesting that you should or shouldn't add or remove Hermie as a neighbor, I merely want to know your reasons to remove neighbors you cannot visit.
Now since I offended another forum member once without knowing how I did that (I'm Dutch and my English is okay, but far from perfect and I always try to avoid being blunt), I hope I don't offend you with this question and if so, please tell me.
Jahuno. I am a neighbor of Hermie and even though I cant visit his airport, I have not deleted him and I do return gifts he sends because I know he is your husband! :) If I have neighbors that are playing at a lower level and their level never changes and they no longer send gifts and I can't visit their airport then I assume they are not playing anymore so I delete them just to simplify things.
Tell Hermie not to worry -I won't delete him! It isn't his fault that I can't visit his airport!
Becky :)
P.S. Your English is amazing!

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Friend Code
aeuu6ca
Username
Jahuno. I am a neighbor of Hermie and even though I cant visit his airport, I have not deleted him and I do return gifts he sends because I know he is your husband! :) If I have neighbors that are playing at a lower level and their level never changes and they no longer send gifts and I can't visit their airport then I assume they are not playing anymore so I delete them just to simplify things.
Tell Hermie not to worry -I won't delete him! It isn't his fault that I can't visit his airport!
Becky :)
P.S. Your English is amazing!
Thanks Becky, for both your answer and compliment! :)

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
Not to divert the attention form a great question posted by Tom (greensmith) and folks weighing in to somewhat a conundrum of sorts but i have an off topic question to veterans of the game. First off, to get back to Tom's question, i usually return the gift even if i dont need what they sent me and from there use the 'pay it forward' philosophy. it meakes me sleep better at night :sleep: . My question is with regards to the 'Ready for Jounrney' collection. i have collected some bags reaching 3 digit numbers. I have still to collect the elusive sports bag/duffel. Out of the drop sources (i.e multi-story bldg., tower bldg, and sports shop), which had a better drop rate from previous experience?
Cheers!

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
My question is with regards to the 'Ready for Jounrney' collection. i have collected some bags reaching 3 digit numbers. I have still to collect the elusive sports bag/duffel. Out of the drop sources (i.e multi-story bldg., tower bldg, and sports shop), which had a better drop rate from previous experience?
Cheers!
I'm with you. I have zero Sports Bag drops ... And 984 Rolling Suitcases. It seems there is always something I need more from neighbors' buildings. Right now I'm focusing on drops for regular or Prometheus launches. During a quest I tap the required buildings, like the VIP Lounges and Retro Movie Theaters for Cinemania. Trying to get the Sports Bag just isn't a priority ... like ever.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Beckeh
Username
Beckeh
You can give 20 gifts a day but no more than one gift a day to any one neighbor. Yes, having more than 20 friends who regularly send you gifts is a challenge. Here's how I do it:
First priority are forum neighbors who send me an item I ask for in my signature. If I need Fuel Hoses and you send me a Fuel Hose, you're going to get a gift that you need.
Second priority are forum neighbors who post regularly and ask for an item I can send. They may not be a high enough level to send me a Fuel Hose but I believe game vets should encourage newbies.
Third priority are non-forum neighbors who send me an item I need.

Fourth priority are forum or non-forum neighbors who send me many gifts that I don't particularly need. (See my other post about this!)
Hope this helps,
Tom

Thanks Tom, that helps a lot, as I am a low level I can't send a lot of what you ask for in your sigs, so I have been doing a mix of returning what you all have sent me, and also items like fuel back.
Please if any of you are not happy with what I send you please msg me, I would hate to lose you as a neighbour because if that.
Thanks
Beckeh

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
I'm with you. I have zero Sports Bag drops ... And 984 Rolling Suitcases. It seems there is always something I need more from neighbors' buildings. Right now I'm focusing on drops for regular or Prometheus launches. During a quest I tap the required buildings, like the VIP Lounges and Retro Movie Theaters for Cinemania. Trying to get the Sports Bag just isn't a priority ... like ever.
Cheers,
Tom
I agree with you 100% Tom. Its the 50 barrels of fuel that come with it is what keeps me trying.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom