Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The latest upgrade removes gifts - How to revert back to the older version

I'm scared to try this. Don't want to screw up and lose all my $
My SD card popped out when I was changing my batt and I didn't know it!
I almost #$@! my pants, thought I had lost everything!
Then I remounted it and there it was. Whew what a relief ($2XX.69 invested)
Maybe I can use my extra micro card to fileswap on my PC and then see if it loads when I put the copied card in.
That way I have backup.
I assume this is why I can't currently visit as you are still downgraded.
Wish I had found this site sooner thanks again!

Hello all

I did downgraded airport city but i did lose my festival camping ... but ive noticed when i send out gifts with the old version and then upgrade to the new version i can send gifts again and visit me neighbours collect coins and then i downgraded again ... loosing nothing

Thats very interesting to know. Many thanks for posting.

The latest version of Airport City removes a large amount of gifts that you were previously able to send.

The gifts currently available to send are:

Fuel (3 units)
Biker Jacket
Loudspeaker
Air Conditioner
Cockpit Glass
Welder
Landing Lamp
Radar
Passengers (10)
Powerful Radio Transmitter
Textbook
Fuel Supply
Jet Engine
Whiteboard
Fuel Additives
Power Source
Additional Radar
Amperemeter
Spare Wire
Server Rack
Landing Gear
Oscillating Beacon
Flight Catering
Packaging Machine
Navigation Module
Master Plan
Fuel Hose
Gyroscope
Spare Propeller
Deicer
Grinding Machine

Apparently the items you are available to send as gifts varies depending on what device you are using, however the list is still very small compared to what it was prior to the update.

Current advice is not to update to the latest version for as long as possible. Once you upgrade the amount of items you can send as gifts will reduce.

However, If you have already upgraded, it is possible to revert back to the version prior to the update. To roll back from the new version of Airport City (v1.33) to the older version that has full gifts (v1.31) you will need to download the file at the bottom of this post to your android device.

Once you've downloaded the file, make sure that installing applications from "Unknown Sources" is enabled (in Application Settings) and then use a file browser (such as "Astro" found in the Market/Google Play) to run the .apk file. It will warn you that this will overwrite the currently installed program so just accept that and it will then install the older version.

This has been tested and works, however I must give the usual disclaimer that you should make a backup using a backup program that also backs up game files prior to doing this. Although it should work 100%, theres always the small chance of a glitch happening and you losing your current progress.

Dave, it seems that the file of version 1.31 has gone lost moving to the new forum. Is there a way that you could upload it again somehow?

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Ok[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)], I can[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]send[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]all objects[/background]

I'll post a little guide up tomorrow, but tonight ive managed to swap between the two versions of the game (the one where you can send all the items and the latest release).

It does however require rooting your phone, which I did in about 30 seconds tonight.

So now im able to load up the old version with all the gifts, send them out and then revert backto the current game without losing my festival camps/rock shops etc.

I'll post a little guide up tomorrow, but tonight ive managed to swap between the two versions of the game (the one where you can send all the items and the latest release).

It does however require rooting your phone, which I did in about 30 seconds tonight.

So now im able to load up the old version with all the gifts, send them out and then revert backto the current game without losing my festival camps/rock shops etc.

I am (still) curious: What's the result of your experiment? Has it worked and were you able to send gifts the next day again?

I tried something for myself as well, and couldn't send any gifts the whole day long...Whether I have botched something or the people at GameInsight are noticing what we are doing or trying to do ;)

Hopefully, I can send gifts tomorrow again :s

But I really would be interested how the two versions along worked out!

So far it seems to be working xp. I havent sent any gifts out yet, but will be working my way through todays list later on.

This is what I have to do:

1) Backup Airport City using My Backup Root. That saves the game data.
2) Install Airport City 1.31 from SD Card. This overwrites my current version of the game and allows me access to the huge gift list.
3) Send Gifts.
4) Uninstall Airport City and the redownload the latest version
5) Restore my saved game data from step 1.

All in all takes around about 5 minutes, so I will only do it at the end of the day when ive got 20 gifts in the daily thread to send out.

The latest version of Airport City removes a large amount of gifts that you were previously able to send.

The gifts currently available to send are:

Fuel (3 units)
Biker Jacket
Loudspeaker
Air Conditioner
Cockpit Glass
Welder
Landing Lamp
Radar
Passengers (10)
Powerful Radio Transmitter
Textbook
Fuel Supply
Jet Engine
Whiteboard
Fuel Additives
Power Source
Additional Radar
Amperemeter
Spare Wire
Server Rack
Landing Gear
Oscillating Beacon
Flight Catering
Packaging Machine
Navigation Module
Master Plan
Fuel Hose
Gyroscope
Spare Propeller
Deicer
Grinding Machine

Apparently the items you are available to send as gifts varies depending on what device you are using, however the list is still very small compared to what it was prior to the update.

Current advice is not to update to the latest version for as long as possible. Once you upgrade the amount of items you can send as gifts will reduce.

However, If you have already upgraded, it is possible to revert back to the version prior to the update. To roll back from the new version of Airport City (v1.33) to the older version that has full gifts (v1.31) you will need to download the file at the bottom of this post to your android device.

Once you've downloaded the file, make sure that installing applications from "Unknown Sources" is enabled (in Application Settings) and then use a file browser (such as "Astro" found in the Market/Google Play) to run the .apk file. It will warn you that this will overwrite the currently installed program so just accept that and it will then install the older version.

This has been tested and works, however I must give the usual disclaimer that you should make a backup using a backup program that also backs up game files prior to doing this. Although it should work 100%, theres always the small chance of a glitch happening and you losing your current progress.

Download Did not work tried twice!
Astro works great, very easy!
All buildings had Lock symbols over them!
Upgrading again to current new ver.
Maybe we can still downgrade to the Rockfest version?
Thanks

Buildings are locked after both 1.31 and 1.35 downgrades.
Had to upgrade to newest version to play again.
Game must be closed with Task Manager to stop.
Also visits are allowed to players with lower versions without a pop-up
preventing them to visit as before.
All their buildings have the green locks over them and you are trapped with no way to return.

Top Bottom