Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Suspicious back up

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
Hi all,
as some of you may know I make daily back ups of my games with the helium (old name carbon) app. This has always worked very well, however since a couple of days I noticed that the back up of my erik1 game has reduced in size from around 150mb to 26mb. That doesn't seem right, especially since my erik2 game on my phone is still about 150mb.
I don't dare to try to restore...

Has anyone ever experienced this ?

Erik1 is on a galaxy note 8". Game version 3.02.02.

Cheers
Erik

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
I'm not rooted. However, if I can't get this back up thing going again I might root my tablet though...

Hi all,
as some of you may know I make daily back ups of my games with the helium (old name carbon) app. This has always worked very well, however since a couple of days I noticed that the back up of my erik1 game has reduced in size from around 150mb to 26mb. That doesn't seem right, especially since my erik2 game on my phone is still about 150mb.
I don't dare to try to restore...

Has anyone ever experienced this ?

Erik1 is on a galaxy note 8". Game version 3.02.02.

Cheers
Erik

How do you back up Eric?

1) Backup on tablet and then copy file across to PC
2) Backup via PC with tablet connected

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
Simply connecting the tablet to the pc gives exactly the same result... I did try to follow the quick guide that you put on the forum last saturday, but I get Connection refused: 192.168.178.13:5000 :wideyed:.
Are you perhaps using Helium premium?

My Helium backup of Bali Hi is 57.5 MB, smaller than than erik2's 150MB.
Unfortunately I cannot install Helium on Bali2 to see if they produce different sizes.

As a comparison, my Titanium backup of Bali Hi (Nexus 7) is 32 MB, but Titanium backup of Bali2 (Samsung tab 8.9) is 12.4 MB. So different devices may produce significantly different backup sizes, even though both games are latest version 3.02.02.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
My Helium backup of Bali Hi is 57.5 MB, smaller than than erik2's 150MB.
Unfortunately I cannot install Helium on Bali2 to see if they produce different sizes.

As a comparison, my Titanium backup of Bali Hi (Nexus 7) is 32 MB, but Titanium backup of Bali2 (Samsung tab 8.9) is 12.4 MB. So different devices may produce significantly different backup sizes, even though both games are latest version 3.02.02.
Indeed quite a bit smaller. My main worry though is that the file has reduced in size a lot all of a sudden, and the back up process is also a lot faster than before.
I'm going to wait for a game version update and if after that it still looks strange I'll contact Helium and/or G!

Just backed up my current game from my Hudl2 via my tablet being connected to the PC.
The backup.zip file was 94.4MB.

I then connected my old Nexus7 to the PC and restored the backup taken from my current tablet to it.

All restored fine. Opened AC on the old tablet and it loaded fine at exactly the same place I was at on my current tablet.

I also thought id give a shot at trying to restore my tablet backup to my phone via my PC. However although it said is was restored, the AC app never appeared on my phone.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
Well, at the end of the day all seems to be well in the world of suspicious back ups. I took a leap of faith and decided to restore the smaller back up file to one of my games and it works very well. I assume that Helium has changed something in their settings creating much smaller back up files.
Anyway, I'm happy again.

Cheers
Erik

Top Bottom