Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Surplus of Institutes of Volcanology

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20enyi9j
Username
VABB_BOM
A day after the Age of Ash challenge ended, I used some codes which left me with a surplus of Institutes of Volcanology- six in all. I do not have enough land to use them all, nor do I see a need for so many- that challenge is now long gone. Since I don't expect to spend too much time at a stretch playing the game to keep taking coins every 20 minutes, I'm better served by the Chess Clubs and Perfume Stores that generate more coins. How many have ended up with such a surplus? And what can we do about it?

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
A day after the Age of Ash challenge ended, I used some codes which left me with a surplus of Institutes of Volcanology- six in all. I do not have enough land to use them all, nor do I see a need for so many- that challenge is now long gone. Since I don't expect to spend too much time at a stretch playing the game to keep taking coins every 20 minutes, I'm better served by the Chess Clubs and Perfume Stores that generate more coins. How many have ended up with such a surplus? And what can we do about it?
There is 2 options:
1. put it in your warehouse - they might get handy next year (if the event will be repeated - they usually do). This cost some amount of money (coins) but for now there is no limit how many buildings can be stored.
2. Sell them - not recommended - not worth it

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I do not have enough land to use them all, nor do I see a need for so many- that challenge is now long gone. Since I don't expect to spend too much time at a stretch playing the game to keep taking coins every 20 minutes, I'm better served by the Chess Clubs and Perfume Stores that generate more coins.
No coin producer is worth keeping for it's coins. They only cost you land and coins spent on power plants. Sell Chess Clubs, Perfume Stores and some of Institutes. If you can afford it - stash some of them so you'll get kickstarted if the event returns. If you can't - sell them all. You managed to build them this time, you'll manage again.

If you're short on coins then get more neighbors with Planetariums, that's where the coins are.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
I keep seeing where people say that visiting Planetariums nets you more coins. Whenever I visit one, it's the same amount of coins as any other neighbor's buildings. I don't know if you are referring to the space items that drop.
Yes, you're 100% correct. The money making is not in the coins that drop, I don't even know how much they drop! :sorry::ROFLMAO: It's in collecting the collections that drop from them. Two of those four collections are worth 2000 coins each... (y)

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Always store event buildings (up to the max of 6) in your warehouse - do not sell them as you may need them later. As agent_L has said (not necessarily in this thread but in others) coins are easy to get so the cost of storing them (4000 coins) is worth it, as it will help get a good start if the event (or building) is re-used in the future.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
The point is that even if you don't launch, the collection money alone make any coin income from buildings obsolete.
I understand your point, my point was it continues to build. You also earn coins from launches and more collection items from the launch chests that in turn earn more collection money.

It's all a win-win-win if you're looking for gold coins.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I understand your point, my point was it continues to build. You also earn coins from launches and more collection items from the launch chests that in turn earn more collection money.

It's all a win-win-win if you're looking for gold coins.
Yes it is, but I wanted to avoid misunderstandings like "I don't launch so Planetariums are not for me".

Top Bottom