Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Support team message BECAUSE OF TIME TRAVELERS.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
you can play the game while on vacation at other places but you need to wait at least 6 hours after changing the time not to be accused of cheating.

I did that when I went on holidays going changed the time on the plane by the time i got to my destination enough time had passed that i could play the game with no issues.

Coming back was an overnight flight, changed the time before leaving and played the next day with no issues of time travelling.

The key not to be accused of time traveling is to wait several hours before playing.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
McAwesome
Username
McAwesome
What counts as cheating or unfair playing? Playing on more than one device or is it just changing time on device?

I noticed another device of mine doesn't count on world map but that seems to be the only thing that's not working and I have sometimes got the 'time traveller/cheater' message when I have traveled to work (it's 20 minutes on a train not exactly space travel...) and have never changed the time on any device. Winter time is coming up soon though - should I make sure not to use it that day to avoid them getting things wrong?

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
McAwesome usually it is time traveling, but some players get accused because there is a glitch in the game that occasions awards more greenies then bought.

if you over use greenies that can not be accounted for through purchases then you will get penalized.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
McAwesome usually it is time traveling, but some players get accused because there is a glitch in the game that occasions awards more greenies then bought.

if you over use greenies that can not be accounted for through purchases then you will get penalized.

Maybe it's the greenies, but even after you "settle" with them, it's not usually time traveling. It's usually their crappy SW that causes it (e.g., you click on buildings before the game is ready). I'm so done with them that after they give me the code to reset (and always tell me next time, I'm banned) that I don't respond to their follow ups. I'm sure I could figure out how to time travel, but I could care less to do the research and try it. I start EVERY problem to them with "No, I didn't time travel..." But the response is always that I did.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
McAwesome
Username
McAwesome
Maybe it's the greenies, but even after you "settle" with them, it's not usually time traveling. It's usually their crappy SW that causes it (e.g., you click on buildings before the game is ready). I'm so done with them that after they give me the code to reset (and always tell me next time, I'm banned) that I don't respond to their follow ups. I'm sure I could figure out how to time travel, but I could care less to do the research and try it. I start EVERY problem to them with "No, I didn't time travel..." But the response is always that I did.

So the 'next time you're dead' threat is a flexible threat? They came back to one of my tickets with the code and the threat of 'first time only' and I am a bit 'worried' that I will reset it now then it will happen again as something odd is setting it off quite clearly and then I get cut off from everything.

I have my Apple devices set to automatic time update and the time zone London. I have asked them a follow up question how to avoid it setting off again as I have not been out of this time zone with the device since I bought it and it obviously set off somehow. I doubt it is greenies as I had only purchased them once or twice on that account and definitely didn't receive any more then I paid for.

So is the best idea to just start the game up and let it sit for a little while before clicking anything to let it catch up as someone else mentioned?

EDIT: could it be because when I did buy greenies it was purchased on same Apple ID and I did it within a short time, so the system might have got confused on their end... if so simple solution - they get no money from me ^^

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
McAwesome
Username
McAwesome
Jesus... now I got it on the main one saying I can't start a flight coz I'm a time traveller. This is getting ridiculous. Of course closing the game and restarting it fixed the glitch but now I have to do another ticket I guess... sigh

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
PJW

no you do not need to stop your phone just do not play the game for a couple of hours after the time change to allow their servers to adjust.. Usually nothing happens because the time change occurs in the middle of the night and when you wake up and turn on the phone, it does done automatically.

GI penalizes some if they play the game within an hour of the time change as their servers have not yet made the adjustments for different time zone change. Certain countries are either ahead or behind GI time zone.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ami4pbq6
Username
Tecmage
I got hit with Time Travelling on my Kindle. The Kindle hasn't been out of the house in over a year, and it pulls time from the router. GI just introduced Top 100 to the Kindle with the last update. They still haven't released my Kindle account, and I noticed that a neighbor of mine MUST be time travelling and doing something else. 400+ flights to one city, and three other first or second place ranks the same week! I got zapped for first place with 16 flights! Serious Type 1 and Type 2 errors in their system.

s8s

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
lw5cct
Username
s8s
Last week I went to other timezone for holiday form GMT+2 to GMT-4. In the airplane I played AC during the flight of about 9/10 hours. I put my phone on airplane mode during the flight so the phone couldn't change timezone to my network provider(that is the standard option on my phone and is also advised by AC long time ago when I got time travelers bug). When the plane landed I close AC and waited at least the hours of difference between the timezones, so 6 hours. That worked for me for both flights.

Somehow after a week(I had a holiday for 9 days) I got time travelers note twice. But as I have once in a while I close AC and the note disappears. My flights weren't count on the world map for ages but I don't look for it very often to prevent myself from being accused for time traveling.

Somehow after a week(I had a holiday for 9 days) I got time travelers note twice. But as I have once in a while I close AC and the note disappears. My flights weren't count on the world map for ages but I don't look for it very often to prevent myself from being accused for time traveling.

These two things are not related IMHO. I have made a great experience regarding this issue with GI company. The messages you have got were probably during launches when you clicked on the fuel, usually when you are too fast. Believe me if your game is blocked you will recognize it very easily, you are not able to collect gold, send plane and so on and each time you get this message. Once I have discussed the similar issue over few moths with GI support and despite the fact I do not believe it, they told me they see my game blocked, in fact it was not true, because my game worked properly, just sometimes I got time traveller message. Funny stuff is that my secondary game was really blocked, my daughter played with the phone and changed the time. During one week two codes were provided by GI and they told me they see my game unblocked on the server, in reality it was still blocked. I have got another code with polite message that I will not get any other code within the next 4 weeks. It is really funny to chat with GI support team. I was once a programmer in my life, but I have never seen so incompetent team. I wish you better not to discuss this with them until your game works.

The messages during launches are buggy, but better to leave it as it is, just sometimes you will lose some fuel, that´s all. Good luck

s8s

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
lw5cct
Username
s8s
These two things are not related IMHO. I have made a great experience regarding this issue with GI company. The messages you have got were probably during launches when you clicked on the fuel, usually when you are too fast. Believe me if your game is blocked you will recognize it very easily, you are not able to collect gold, send plane and so on and each time you get this message. Once I have discussed the similar issue over few moths with GI support and despite the fact I do not believe it, they told me they see my game blocked, in fact it was not true, because my game worked properly, just sometimes I got time traveller message. Funny stuff is that my secondary game was really blocked, my daughter played with the phone and changed the time. During one week two codes were provided by GI and they told me they see my game unblocked on the server, in reality it was still blocked. I have got another code with polite message that I will not get any other code within the next 4 weeks. It is really funny to chat with GI support team. I was once a programmer in my life, but I have never seen so incompetent team. I wish you better not to discuss this with them until your game works.

The messages during launches are buggy, but better to leave it as it is, just sometimes you will lose some fuel, that´s all. Good luck

In the past, my game was definitely blocked, alle gameoptions were blocked and got the time travelers message. But now when I restarted problems are solved. I won't chat with GI because I know they have no idea what they are doing. As long as it still works, it is fine with me. I guess there are just some students on the support team that don't even have knowledge of programming at all. Of course this is no offense against students..;)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ayvpwbz ; ar5a79u ; avyss2h
Username
InCoNvEnIeNtE,InCoNeW,Portugal
Hi
By mystake i have visited the world map with inconew and puff... the notice again of time traveler and i have lost all the gold tokens and all the silver tokens...

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ayvpwbz ; ar5a79u ; avyss2h
Username
InCoNvEnIeNtE,InCoNeW,Portugal
The response of GI :

Kate Orlova (Game Insight Support)
Oct 22 17:25
Tokens have been removed due to blocking. Unfortunately, this situation is not the subject for reimbursing.
The matter is that beyond all doubt all of our players are supposed to have equal opportunities while playing the game, gaining progress and developing the Airport.
Therefore I would like to bring to your attention the fact that performing activities that lead to getting an unfair advantage over other players is considered as breaking the game rules. Thereupon changing system date and/or time is not allowed to do while playing the game as it may influence its performance.

I have checked your game details and should inform you that according to our database your game was blocked as our system detected changing time/date settings on your device. The options you inquire about were locked in your game due to this fact and it was done as a warning for the purposes of drawing your attention to the feature mentioned above.
I'm glad to inform you that restrictions can be removed from an account in case the game is blocked for the first time. The standard procedure is that if the game gets blocked for the second time social capabilities are restricted on a permanent basis.
I see that this is the first time your account is blocked. To unblock the game please follow my instruction:
1. Set the correct time zone using your device settings.
2. Turn on the option that’s arranges time settings automatically. In case the option is unavailable set date and time manually.
3. Then enter the following code: @XXXXXXXXXXXXX
To redeem the code press the Sociality button (the button with 3 people in the bottom menu) → press another button with 3 people → select the Friend Codes tab and enter the code with @ symbol in the input field.
4. Try to collect income from your commercial buildings. If the option works you game has been successfully unblocked. In case the problem persists please write me back.
In order to avoid such situations we strongly recommend you to close the game when you want to change system date/time on your device and open it again only after you complete all the changes. To exit the game in the right manner, press the "Back" button on your device and confirm exit by pressing "Yes" if your device platform is Android.
Please, note the fact that any changes should be done using the Time Zone option. If you change date/time manually it will affect the game and you will receive a warning message.
Hope this information will be helpful for you.
Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Kate Orlova
Your Support Team

Top Bottom