Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

some newbie questions

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
am3m8dpd
Username
veqryn
Hi guys,

I am totally new to the forum, and happy to find such a place.

I just started playing airport city two weeks ago. It is quite addictive and I am level 15 already. The game is simple, but I still have some questions anyway, and hope you can help answer them:

In case it applies, I am playing the Android version, on my google nexus 7, and I do not have a twitter or facebook account since they are both blocked where I currently live.

1. I have 11 or 12 airport cash just sitting around. I spent my first 6 on a giant wind power thing. It seems like spending it on certain things, like buildings or expansions, is a waste since you can use normal "coins" instead. Things like 'extra slots' in the repair base only accept airport cash, so this seems better, except that I've never needed to repair more than 1 airplane at a time (since when two need repair I just speed up the first one). So what should I spend this on, or what should I be saving it up for? Tips appreciated.

2. Is there any way to back up your city? I noticed that the game is not a "fully online" game, which means that my profile must be at least partially saved to my device. I was never required to give an email or make a username, so I'm guessing that if my google nexus device ever crashes, or gets factory reset, then I am screwed. How do I make a backup of my city? (i'm not "rooted", btw)

3. How to make a second airport city? My girlfriend wants to play, but we only have 1 nexus 7 between the two of us. Whenever I start the airport city app, it jumps right into my city. I do not see any "settings" or "preferences" buttons anywhere, nor do I see anywhere to make a second "profile/city".

4. Any tips for what kind of buildings I should be filling my city with? What gives the best bang for the buck? I've mostly got a mix of stuff that takes 10-20 minutes, 1-4 hours, and a few things that take 24 hours. I've also figured out already that the roads don't need to connect to each other, so my city is now very dense with buildings.

5. When I upgrade a building, can I no longer use it if I don't yet have the items to finish the upgrade? Seems so. I upgraded my fuel depot, and since I am missing some wire and steel frames I can no longer use the freaking thing. In my mind this is horrible game design, since it doesn't even tell you what items you need before you click the upgrade button. I am now very fearful to upgrade my repair base.

6. Is it normal that you can run 100 flights to a single destination, and still not get the item you need? I need a guestbook to finish the upgrade of my flight terminal, and I've run near 100 flights to Goa hoping to get it, but still haven't. I do have a bagillion radio transmitters now though. Is there another quest or something that is preventing me from getting the guestbook?

7. Can you please add me as friend/neighbor? Because I downloaded airport city from the amazon store (google play is blocked here), I can not seem to add anyone who isn't using a kindle....

many thanks,
Veqryn

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Holy crap that is a lot of questions!!

Ok let me try my best to answer and I am sure someone will jump in to fill the gaps...

This is just my view as I have been playing for a while now and am in for the long haul...

1. Use cash only for expansion – After expansion 10 it is cash only and it is 20 cash a plot of land. I would not bother with extra repair slots. Normally you have multiple planes and you can just about keep them in the air with the help of neighbours.
2. Only way to back up the game is to have root access to your device and then use something like “Titanium Backup”.
3. Currently only some devices allow you to have profiles per person – so if your device does not support it, you will not be able to have multiple profiles in AC.
4. A very difficult question to answer and you are going to have tailor it to your playing style., So an e.g. if you visit your city every two minutes then something like a eatery 2 coins per 2mins is great, but if you only visit every 20mins then the Car Dealership is good value. – Generally the Car Dealership is a good deal to get you started with cash. Don’t underestimate some of the other buildings like Sweet shop, bridal salon or Gazebo – on top of dropping coins they also drop items for a collection (which when completed give you more coins and experience)
5. Yes it is a feature of the Game – that is one of the reasons why we have a forum like this – Do a search or ask and you can find out what all you need before the upgrade. Like you say the repair base is a real kicker!!! Generally the Town hall, Control Tower and Terminal don’t give you any grief.
6. Welcome to our world – general theme will be “GIS Sucks”. Yes the drop rates are rigged. Daily thread will be your friend for most items that can be gifted. BTW the items for the fuel station can’t be gifted.
7. Best posted in the daily thread... (which I think you already have) – get your name known to people and they will add you slowly... With the current version of the game we cannot delete neighbours and some of us are very close the max of 500 neighbours.

Anyway this is more than what I was expecting of typing... so will leave the rest to others...

Suresh

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Message me for code
Username
Suresh
veqryn To answer Q no 7: Since you downloaded airporty city game from amazon you won't be able to add anyone apart from Kindle fire users. I play this game on andriod and i am unable to add you. There are a few kindle user in this forum who now should be your best ally :cool:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
am3m8dpd
Username
veqryn
Thanks guys.

Two new questions:

1) Is there any point or advantage to having more than 1 runway? Or having runways of each level? I realize it means you can have multiple planes land at the same time, and send them off again at the same time, instead of 1 after another. But anything else?
(so, for an extreme example, would there be any difference between a guy who has just a level 4 runway, and a player who has 3x of each level of runways?)

2) Is there any way to have more than 2 'guest' planes requesting/waiting to land?

In my opinion, there is an advantage to have more than 1 runway; it allows you to juggle passengers & plane arrival schedule.

Say, you have a Jumbo in the Hangers, but it is only 9 pm and your terminal is full.
  • If you only have 1 runway, you have no choice but to send it off now, and it will land together with all other planes when you wake up at 6 am.
  • If you fill have 2 runways, you have the option to fill the plane now with passengers and park it on the runway and only send it off just before you sleep at 11 pm. In the meantime, other planes can still land on the other runway, and you can fill your terminal with new passengers.
So your 2nd runway is like a secondary terminal to store up to 380 passengers.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
In my opinion, there is an advantage to have more than 1 runway; it allows you to juggle passengers & plane arrival schedule.

Say, you have a Jumbo in the Hangers, but it is only 9 pm and your terminal is full.
  • If you only have 1 runway, you have no choice but to send it off now, and it will land together with all other planes when you wake up at 6 am.
  • If you fill have 2 runways, you have the option to fill the plane now with passengers and park it on the runway and only send it off just before you sleep at 11 pm. In the meantime, other planes can still land on the other runway, and you can fill your terminal with new passengers.
Very good idea! Thanks! (y)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
am3m8dpd
Username
veqryn

In both cases you can still land planes while waiting. In both cases you can still fill your terminal while waiting.

I'm trying to understand the advantage of your idea, but i'm not getting it.
??

Top Bottom