1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

Just to let you know, AirportCityGame will be moving to superfast new servers very soon. This will stop the slow running and downtime you may be experiencing when you visit.

For more information - Please see THIS thread.

Slow forum and downtime

Discussion in 'Forum News & Information' started by Dave, 5 May 2019.

1. Dave

Dave The Captain Administrator 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android
    04mrfe5g and 04mqvfgw
    Dave
    Morning all!

I just wanted to apologise for the slowness of the forum recently and also the unexpected downtime some of you may have experience.

The forum continues to grow and get busier and as such we have outgrown our hosting.

Over the next week I shall be transferring the forum to what I hope will be a super fast VPS. This should stop all of the problems we are experiencing.

The move will involve some downtime, however I will give some advance notice of when this is likely to be.

All the best

Dave

2. Dave

Android
    04mrfe5g and 04mqvfgw
    Dave
    Just a small update.

I was hoping to start the process of moving over today. However the new host has decided that as a secuirty measure they want to post a PIN to my address to confirm i'm real. Although this delays things a bit, it's nice to know they take secuirty seriously.

Just bear with me a bit longer, I know how fruistating the forum time outs and slow running are.

Long, matto, Ceve and 28 others like this.
  3. Dave

Android
    04mrfe5g and 04mqvfgw
    Dave
    What a palava something so simple has turned into!
    I ordered the VPS on the 5th May, hoping to get the site moved over a few days later. As it stands, i'm still waiting for the letter to arrive with the PIN to confirm my identity.
    Unfortunatly it's a German company and I don't speak German! Luckily my friends partner is fluent in German so will contact them for me - however that will be when I get back from Gibraltar next week!

I'm probably just as frustarted as you are - ACG willl be flying along soon!

wydaho, Mouse, KingJJ and 4 others like this.
  4. You doing a great job for the forum and take care of everything.
    Thank you Captain (y)

View Signature
    wydaho, Dave and A350 like this.
  5. Hi @Dave
    Did your start the process today? Not only I noticed a small lapse of time with "database error" but also some posts have vanished from the threads (i've noticed that on a Area51 thread i manage) making me think that an older backup was used.
    Any info would be appreciated,
    cheers,
    T

View Signature
  6. Dave

Android
    04mrfe5g and 04mqvfgw
    Dave
    Nothing as yet as I'm currently away on holiday till Friday.
    Got the new server all sorted, had to go with another company in the end, which is a bonus as the new server will be even faster. As soon as I get back I will start the port over. I will post on the site and close the forum for a short period before I do this so nothing is lost.

PoorOldJim, Husam, Madge59230 and 2 others like this.