Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Slow forum and downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all!

I just wanted to apologise for the slowness of the forum recently and also the unexpected downtime some of you may have experience.

The forum continues to grow and get busier and as such we have outgrown our hosting.

Over the next week I shall be transferring the forum to what I hope will be a super fast VPS. This should stop all of the problems we are experiencing.

The move will involve some downtime, however I will give some advance notice of when this is likely to be.

All the best

Dave

Just a small update.

I was hoping to start the process of moving over today. However the new host has decided that as a secuirty measure they want to post a PIN to my address to confirm i'm real. Although this delays things a bit, it's nice to know they take secuirty seriously.

Just bear with me a bit longer, I know how fruistating the forum time outs and slow running are.

What a palava something so simple has turned into!
I ordered the VPS on the 5th May, hoping to get the site moved over a few days later. As it stands, i'm still waiting for the letter to arrive with the PIN to confirm my identity.
Unfortunatly it's a German company and I don't speak German! Luckily my friends partner is fluent in German so will contact them for me - however that will be when I get back from Gibraltar next week!

I'm probably just as frustarted as you are - ACG willl be flying along soon!

What a palava something so simple has turned into!
I ordered the VPS on the 5th May, hoping to get the site moved over a few days later. As it stands, i'm still waiting for the letter to arrive with the PIN to confirm my identity.
Unfortunatly it's a German company and I don't speak German! Luckily my friends partner is fluent in German so will contact them for me - however that will be when I get back from Gibraltar next week!

I'm probably just as frustarted as you are - ACG willl be flying along soon!
You doing a great job for the forum and take care of everything.
Thank you Captain (y)

Hi @Dave
Did your start the process today? Not only I noticed a small lapse of time with "database error" but also some posts have vanished from the threads (i've noticed that on a Area51 thread i manage) making me think that an older backup was used.
Any info would be appreciated,
cheers,
T
Nothing as yet as I'm currently away on holiday till Friday.
Got the new server all sorted, had to go with another company in the end, which is a bonus as the new server will be even faster. As soon as I get back I will start the port over. I will post on the site and close the forum for a short period before I do this so nothing is lost.

Just to give you an update...

The new server is ready to go! Was such a joy trying to set it up on my mobile!

Good news is that as soon as I get back from holiday tomorrow afternoon I shall be moving the site over. The downtime will be a thing of the past!

Thanks for your patience everyone, I really appreciate it.

Appreciate what you are doing for the benefit of the members!
Hope you had a good holiday!
Just to give you an update...

The new server is ready to go! Was such a joy trying to set it up on my mobile!

Good news is that as soon as I get back from holiday tomorrow afternoon I shall be moving the site over. The downtime will be a thing of the past!

Thanks for your patience everyone, I really appreciate it.

WOW - well done @Dave - really noticed a difference this morning, great job as always!
Wow.png

congrats thumbs up.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom