Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Santa's Bad Day Event: Was It Really Worth It?

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Dear Flyers

Those of you who have finished Santa's Bad Day event, have completed Santa's related flight tasks and have been flying your Jet-Powered Sleighs to Lapland, I would be very interested to know if you feel it has really been worth taking part in and completing the event.

I will soon be in a position to purchase my next plot of land. I will then need to make a decision as to where to place it, city side or airport side? If I place the land on the city side, I can then place several new buildings from my warehouse and/or buidings from completed flight tasks (increasing my income and passengers). If I place the land on the airport side, I can then purchase the Ice Runway and Hangar's for my Jet Powered Sleighs (I'm not planning to use all five JPS).

I would be very interested to read your experiences. Having completed Santa's Bad Day event what rewards, if any, you are getting and how often? From what I've read so far, I can't help but feel I'm wasting my time (the last time this event happened I did not take part).

Your feedback would be very useful. It would help me to avoid making the wrong decision.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Dear Flyers

I would be very interested to read your experiences. Having completed Santa's Bad Day event what rewards, if any, you are getting and how often? From what I've read so far, I can't help but feel I'm wasting my time (the last time this event happened I did not take part).

Your feedback would be very useful. It would help me to avoid making the wrong decision.

Hi Captain,

I don't know what the final reward is as I don't want to <complete> the event s this will stop me being able to gift event items to neighbours.
However I have flown 5 sleighs since day 4 of the event and after 8 more days I still need one item to complete the Ice Castle.
As there are only 7 days left, I would strongly advise you to forget all about Santa and continue your City development !!

Totally agree with @Harcourt - the things I had left from last years meant I had completed the Quest as soon as it opened, however, last year I never managed to collect all the items to complete the full range of buildings. So I have been flying 3 sleighs as often as I could, have used the sky captain (I think that's what it was called) bonus twice to boost drops, sacrificed fuel by landing sleighs early and resending them off, and attacking as many elf's for stardust as much as I can. I have managed to collect the one item I needed for the igloo, but my sculpture park and ice palace are still way off. I don't want to "complete" the event and see what the reward is, but am putting all my faith in it being worth it!

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Those of you who have finished Santa's Bad Day event, have completed Santa's related flight tasks and have been flying your Jet-Powered Sleighs to Lapland, I would be very interested to know if you feel it has really been worth taking part in and completing the event.
@Captain WH Rollins
Personally, I enjoy the occasional short-term challenges. Most of what we do in Airport City does not have a strict time limit. Earning stars or rewards from space flights is more a long-term challenge. A lot depends on what your goals are in the game. Earning reward buildings that cannot be purchased (don't get me started on GI's odd decision to offer reward buildings for sale with bank notes) is a real accomplishment. This is why I list the reward buildings I have earned in my signature. Each one required lots of strategy, time and work and I'm proud of each and every one of them.
GI has a tendency to regurgitate old quests, which is great for the newer players. Most of us experienced players have already "autocompleted" the Santa quest, for example, so it's another chance to get destination stars and buildings we may have missed the last time around. And the reward building is usually new, which is nice.
If this kind of challenge rings your bell, then it's worth going for it. If not, do what you enjoy doing in Airport City and be happy!
Cheers,
Tom

porvillewright

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20v96fok
Username
pwilberwright
Dear Flyers

I will soon be in a position to purchase my next plot of land. I will then need to make a decision as to where to place it, city side or airport side? If I place the land on the city side, I can then place several new buildings from my warehouse and/or buidings from completed flight tasks (increasing my income and passengers). If I place the land on the airport side, I can then purchase the Ice Runway and Hangar's for my Jet Powered Sleighs (I'm not planning to use all five JPS).

Regards

Captain WH Rollins
I would tend to agree with @greensmith - It's a matter for you to choose whether you want the event or an ability to gain more stars and level increases. I've completed the requirements for this event, but I don't plan to end it until next Sunday because I'm starting over(having lost my level 55 game in November) and I'll run jetsleigh flights until then to build my stars.
There should be a half price land sale soon, so maybe you'll wait until next December to do this event and instead conserve your greenies and buy double the land!
@Harcourt and @ItsRalphy's advise are also very good - it's your choice.
Best regards.

Comet18

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Comet18
@Captain WH Rollins
I had a look at your airport. You have a lot going on there. Very efficient use of space.
I am very happy with my reward from last year. I don't know yet what the reward is this year, so I can't say if it's worth it. If you have not been playing the event all along; I don't believe it is possible to win with normal game play. It may be possible if you use fuel cats to speed up your sleighs, but it will require a lot of lucky drops. You could play lightly and just work on collections by clicking on neighbors Christmas buildings. If you are still playing the same game next year; you'll have a head start. It would be fun for you to build an ice runway and sleigh hanger. Look up the hanger in wiki and make sure you have the items to complete (things like 4 sleigh cover, 4 sleigh oil and two more items). If you were planning to next expand the city; you can still do it. Here's how I suggest. You have a lot of power plants. These can be placed on either the airport side or the city side. If you have what you need to build the sleigh hanger; I suggest you add land to the CITY side. Move two of the power plants to the city. Reorganize a little and you should have room to build an ice runway and sleigh hanger. Do a few flights, but don't be frantic trying to win because you can't win. You'll just be having fun and getting a start on next year. Don't build the other buildings this year. If you're tempted, check wiki first because some need additional items. After the event ends; delete your ice runway and move the power plants back. Then you'll have room to build something in the city. I kept my hanger from last year, you'll have to determine if you have room to keep that. This year I was ready to go, I just had to build the runway.
I hope I've helped. Good Luck whatever you decide. Keep your game fun.
Happy Flying,
Comet18

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
UPDATE: Sorry, it appears Windows players cannot do this. My error.
Don't forget this handy tip I posted last year:
If you want to build a Hangar for a Jet-Powered Sleigh without spending greenies or getting gifts from neighbors, use the "build/get free item/sell" approach.
1. Build the Hangar
2. Speed the build if you want
3. Get a free item by watching a video
4. Sell the Hangar
Repeat until you complete or the free item offer ends! I believe you can do five "freebies" per day.​
Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:

Comet18

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Comet18
Don't forget this handy tip I posted last year:
If you want to build a Hangar for a Jet-Powered Sleigh without spending greenies or getting gifts from neighbors, use the "build/get free item/sell" approach.
1. Build the Hangar
2. Speed the build if you want
3. Get a free item by watching a video
4. Sell the Hangar
Repeat until you complete or the free item offer ends! I believe you can do five "freebies" per day.​
Cheers,
Tom

This is just another thing windows players can't do. We can't watch those videos for rewards. Wish we could. This is great to know in case we ever can.
Happy Flying

@Captain WH Rollins
I had a look at your airport. You have a lot going on there. Very efficient use of space.
I am very happy with my reward from last year. I don't know yet what the reward is this year, so I can't say if it's worth it. If you have not been playing the event all along; I don't believe it is possible to win with normal game play. It may be possible if you use fuel cats to speed up your sleighs, but it will require a lot of lucky drops. You could play lightly and just work on collections by clicking on neighbors Christmas buildings. If you are still playing the same game next year; you'll have a head start. It would be fun for you to build an ice runway and sleigh hanger. Look up the hanger in wiki and make sure you have the items to complete (things like 4 sleigh cover, 4 sleigh oil and two more items). If you were planning to next expand the city; you can still do it. Here's how I suggest. You have a lot of power plants. These can be placed on either the airport side or the city side. If you have what you need to build the sleigh hanger; I suggest you add land to the CITY side. Move two of the power plants to the city. Reorganize a little and you should have room to build an ice runway and sleigh hanger. Do a few flights, but don't be frantic trying to win because you can't win. You'll just be having fun and getting a start on next year. Don't build the other buildings this year. If you're tempted, check wiki first because some need additional items. After the event ends; delete your ice runway and move the power plants back. Then you'll have room to build something in the city. I kept my hanger from last year, you'll have to determine if you have room to keep that. This year I was ready to go, I just had to build the runway.
I hope I've helped. Good Luck whatever you decide. Keep your game fun.
Happy Flying,
Comet18

Good advice from Comet18.

A lot of people need a second year to complete the Xmas quest (unless you spend greenies or money to buy stuff). So even doing the task for a week would give you a headstart for next year.

Of course it also depends whether you can spare land for the sleigh runway, sleigh hangars and Xmas buildings which will be idle for the next 12 months.

You may not want to start on the Xmas buildings though, as it will remain uncompleted until you build up a collection of liquid nitrogen, refrigerators etc. Some people cannot stand not to complete it and ended up spending greens just to complete it.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
For me this event is totally worth completing because there are only a few reward buildings which gives passengers. The reward building "Merry Manor" also increase passenger output by 15% so this is a really good reward building which is beneficial.
I would suggest all reward building should give passengers and in future reward building could be that which gives 50 fuel every hour for free :D :D ;), I would love this concept :D.

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
I am sure this is similar to other posts, but here it is again:

Ice skating rink: 1 freezer, 1 fridge, 1 snowmaker, 2 artificial ice
Igloo: 1 freezer, 2 fridge, 1 snowmaker,1 liquid nitrogen
Ice sculpture park: 1 freezer, 1 fridge, 1 artificial ice, 2 liquid nitrogen
Ice castle: 1 freezer, 2 snowmaker, 1 artificial ice, 1 liquid nitrogen
Santa's house- okay just place
Santa' gift shop- okay just place jeez you paid greenies

Last year, you could watch videos to get free building items, up to five per day.
This year, things seem a bit different (1 per day?), but a couple of pointers as this is still an option:
-Make sure the "watch videos" option is still available. Last year, it disappeared with quixotic alacrity. (Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.:wacky:)
- You have to place the desired building (in unfinished "ghost" mode) to be able to watch videos to gain building materials. Since they will share an inventory of freezers/fridges/snowmakers/etc., it's better to work on one ghost building at a time.
-Last year, we couldn't store buildings, so I remember that I had to sacrifice two ice-skating rinks (selling them via piggy-bank) to accumulate the two snowmakers needed for an ice castle.
Finally, I would be careful about storing your completed Xmas buildings if you have leftover freezers/fridges/shoemakers/etc. in your inventory. Back during the soccer event, having leftover building items in your inventory seems to have messed with some players' ability to retrieve their completed buildings, but others (Hellooo! @SFOPhD!) didn't have any problem. But of course, maybe the apocalUpdate has fixed this glitch.

For me this event is totally worth completing because there are only a few reward buildings which gives passengers. The reward building "Merry Manor" also increase passenger output by 15% so this is a really good reward building which is beneficial.
I would suggest all reward building should give passengers and in future reward building could be that which gives 50 fuel every hour for free :D :D ;), I would love this concept :D.

AJ,

Any screen shot of the Merry Manor??

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
AJ,

Any screen shot of the Merry Manor??
(y)
PhotoEditor-1451897541071.jpg

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
adocmtc
Username
Renderman
Dear Flyers

Regards

Captain WH Rollins
It is my first Santa Event - so I've started with "clean sheet" (no christmas items and gifts). It took me 6 days to acomplish. I think it is still possible for you to get a reward

Sure, there isn't a lot of time if you want to get 3 stars from all christmas destinations (i would rather say - that's impossible)...

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Dear Flyers

I would like to take for opportunity to thank the following forum members for all their help - @Harcourt @ItsRalphy @greensmith @porvillewright @Comet18 @Bali Hi @AJ @belledohna @Swoop and @M22 - for taking the time to answer my question, posted in the Airport City Question's section, Santa's Bad Day Event: Was It Really Worth It? I found the feedback invaluable and it has greatly helped me to decide where best to place my next plot of land.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. Windows PC
Dear Flyers

Regards

Captain WH Rollins
For me, no. In order to fly to Lapland to get gifts to fly to other destinations the elves around your airport have to give you the dust to fly. On my game the elves rarely, if ever give me what I need to fly. Once I used 12 old lanterns in a row and did not receive one special item from the elves. If I do get special items they are for the rocket powered sled, which I now have 6 of. This makes it impossible to complete the quest. For me it is better to just concentrate on my airport.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
For me, no. In order to fly to Lapland to get gifts to fly to other destinations the elves around your airport have to give you the dust to fly. On my game the elves rarely, if ever give me what I need to fly. Once I used 12 old lanterns in a row and did not receive one special item from the elves. If I do get special items they are for the rocket powered sled, which I now have 6 of. This makes it impossible to complete the quest. For me it is better to just concentrate on my airport.

Hello, many thanks for your feedback with Santa's Bad Day Event. Some forum members have been successful and have completed their event, while others have not. As for myself, when I first posted the question, I was a very long way from completing the event. Since then, I now have only one item to find before completing and closing. My luck turned round and I've also had generous neighbours who have supplied me with multiple 'old lanters'. I've also been very successful when plundering my neighours game sites.

Continuum

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
aj7xdz4
Username
Continuum
I didn't manage to finish it last year (couldn't get items for Ice Castle, didn't get Ice Sculpture park - missed 2 balls, didn't manage to 3 star all) - so I was really hoping to get it done this year. (but I did click complete and got Ski Resort).

Then it did arrive, but just couldn't manage to get enough of Old Lanterns, and if I did get some (tapping total of 60 from 12 neighbors every day) - and it was only 7-10 + 10 from gifts - I just couldn't get enough Star Dust.

And as New Years gift I wok up with Time Traveler bug.

Game was unblocked 3 days ago AND - I will finish it by tomorrow.
Last 24 hours I play with Dice and Sky Captain - it gives me each time a tap on Elf Old Lantern - 60 taps - 58 lamps. And my Elfs give me a lot of Star Dust - 60 taps - 48 Star Dust!!!!
I did manage to get all gifts/balls and got Ice Sculpture just minutes ago. I'm missing one item to finish it.

I'm just sorry that I didn't figure this out earlier since I will not be able again to three star all flights. Just not enough time to get all gifts that I need/still miss.

Top Bottom