Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Santa’s Bad Day - iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
We had hoped for the 'Space Race', but we have missed out. But

The iPad finally gets something that Android hasn't... The Christmas edition.... It’s called Santa’s Bad Day.

• A number of tasks to perform. Initially looks very similar to the Halloween game in that the elves (ghosts) drop bits to collect when you use an Old Lantern on them.
  • It introduces the Duty free shops (Android had these some versions ago).
  • Most neighbours names are now showing.
  • You need airside space. Minimum of 2 expansions for the ice runway, sleigh hangers and the duty free shop.
A quick guide so far... (Yep a wasted afternoon)
Initial tasks:
  • Send Cognac to friends, (new items in gifting list: Old Lantern, Red Paint, Single-Malt whiskey, Cognac and Make up).
  • Complete ‘Faster than the wind’ collection to get the sleigh. 5 items that drop from Santa’s House, your Elves (very seldom) and from your neighbours: Santa’s House, Elves (very seldom) {using lanterns on elves get items}
  • Build ‘Christmas Elves’ collection to build a skating rink: 5 items that drop from your Elves (very seldom) and from neighbours’s Elves (very seldom){using lanterns on elves get items}
  • Collect revenue and passengers from winter buildings to complete a cold weather collection: Drops from buildings: Igloo, Ice sculpture, Ice Castle, Skating Rink. (very seldom) {not sure where these buildings come from}
The first Christmas game collection is easy, build the hanger and runway and ignore all the required items. When you get the sleigh the hanger is completed for you. Destinations for the Sleigh are: Lapland, Africa, Australia, Eurasia, North America and South America. Duration is between 1hr and 1hr20.
Elves need an Old Lantern to ‘zap’ them, not sure where you get them. I bought a ‘Santa’s Chest’ collection to get going. This got me the first sleigh quickly.
{If you visit 5 neighbours a day and you can still only collect 5 item, including elves.}

Initial differences I have found from the Halloween game.
Inthe shop
Residential: Nothing new
Airport buildings: Hanger for jet sleigh, 500 coins airside and 1x1 airside space. Needs 4 each of: Sleigh cover, Sleigh oil, Heater and red paint.
Ice runway, 1000 coins and a 5x1 airside space.
Planes: Nothing new
Commerce: Christmas Gift Shop, 5 greens and 20 coins hr.
Duty free level 2 upgrade, 3000 coins
Industry Nothing new
Decoration Snowman 100 coins
Bonuses Nothing new
Expansions Nothing new
Resources: Santa’s Chest: 6 green: 20 old lanterns and 20 star dust
Cold Winter set: 18 green: Contains items from Christmas collections
Winter equipment: 28 greens: Contains 5 random items for winter buildings
Christmas gifts set: 40 greens: Contains gifts for Africa, Australia, Eurasia, North and South America flight
Duty free set: 3 greens: Contains 5 items for your duty free shop
Gifts for Africa 4 greens: Items required for flight to Africa
Gifts for Eurasia 4 greens: Items required for flight to Eurasia
Stardust: 2 greens: Required for flight to Lapland
Gifts for South America 4 greens: Items required for flight to South America
Gifts for Australia 4 greens: Items required for flight to Australia
Gifts for North America 4 greens: Items required for flight to North America

Duty Free Shops
They need airside space 2x2
Duty free level 1 needs: 2x: ATM, Imprinter, Computer (existing item) and Air Con (existing item). 2 greens each.
Duty free level 2 needs: 3x: POS terminal, Security Cameras, Anti theft gate, Glass Display Case). 2 greens each or from flights to Thailand.
Duty free level 3 needs: 4x: Cash Counter (existing item), Smoke Detector (existing item), POS terminals, Glass Display Case). 2 greens each or from flights to Singapore.

The duty free has a number of different length trading period. Each different time period requires a number of different items to be in stock. These items drop from neighbours buildings or can be gifted.

Like the guide? Click the 'Like' button. :)

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
I have been looking at the duty free shop and can't see much point. It consumes valuable gifts to produce minimum coins, does it do anything else?
It needs 2 items to produce 20 coins in 20 minutes.
4 items for 200 coins in 1 hour
6 items for 600 coins in 1 day
8 for 1000 coins in 2 days

It's reputation with the Android players is that the base level is best, and its really a waste of time. They got it in an update about 4 months ago.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
With new update i still see only "username", so no major technical improvements.

But i like new mission. And yes must_dash, i really like your guide. Like it very much! Also clicked on like.
I also start to make some pictures, so later i can help you with "also picture" guide.

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
GS4: GamingSwiftie4 (iPad), GS5: 04skwc5l
Username
GS4, GS5
I kind of expected the Halloween tasks and associated ghosts to disappear with this update. However, my ghosts still remain. (The tasks did disappear though.) Am I missing a concept, or will these ghosts remain forever? (I find them highly irretating.)

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Pilot2
Username
Pilot2
Collect revenue and passengers from winter buildings to complete a cold weather collection: Drops from buildings: Igloo, Ice sculpture, Ice Castle, Skating Rink. (very seldom) {not sure where these buildings come from}

It looks like each of those buildings become available upon completion of various collections. But where is Santa’s House in order to collect things for the "Faster than Wind" collection?

Device
  1. iPad
Thanks for the guide! The one thing I'm struggling with is trying to complete the hangar once I've collected items for the sled. I was able to get the sled, but the hangar is still asking for 13 items. Is there anything I'm missing?

Device
  1. iPad
I kind of expected the Halloween tasks and associated ghosts to disappear with this update. However, my ghosts still remain. (The tasks did disappear though.) Am I missing a concept, or will these ghosts remain forever? (I find them highly irretating.)
Do you have anymore soul nets? That's what I used to ouster the last ones.

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
Update on the hanger and duty free items.
Sleigh Hanger
Items can be collected from flight to: Cyprus (prop 40 mins), San Francisco (T/prop 2hr40) , Sydney (Jet 4hr40), Moscow (Delta 5hr40), Iceland (Powerful Delta 8hr00) and Tokyo (Jumbo 8hr40).

There are many threads on the Duty Free Shop from Android players. I did this list for an iPad so hopefully iPhone users will correct me if they have different options.
Single-Malt WhiskeyMay or may not be gifted. Drops from friends' buildings:
Eatery
Side Wing
Grocery Store
Mansion
Manor
Seafood Restaurant
Coffee Bar
Unique Gifts
Round House

Chocolate CandiesMay or may not be gifted. Drops from friends' buildings:
Cottage
Eatery
Side Wing
Grocery Store
Brazilian Cottage
Donuts
Studio

Pearl EarringsMay or may not be gifted. Drops from friends' buildings:
Cottage
Brazilian Cottage
Stone Castle
Movie Theatre
Unique Gifts
Bowling Alley

Skin Care ProductsMay or may not be gifted. Drops from friends' buildings:
Townhouse
Pharmacy
House With A Pool
Brazilian Villa
Bearing-Wall House

Eau de Toilette
May or may not be gifted. Drops from friends' buildings:

Flower Shop
Pharmacy
House With A Pool
Hotel
Brazilian Villa
Book Store
Sports Store
Country House
Circus
Sports Bar

Cognac

Manor
Seafood Restaurant
Coffee Bar
Exhibition Centre
Round House

Filled Candies

Eatery
Mansion
Movie Theatre
Studio
Exhibition Centre

Makeup

Sports Shops
Bearing-Wall House
Tower Building

White Gold Bracelet

Car Dealership
Bowling Alley
Multi-Story Building

Perfume

Flower Shop
Villa
Country House

Like the guide? Click the 'Like' button. :)

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
Update
We have all established a few points
The Duty Free Shop is useless. It takes a lot of effort and gifting for a few coins. Mine has traded twice since we started. once for 20 minutes and then for an hour. That's at level 3.
The game, unfortunately, needs greenies spent to make it work. If you wait for people to gift items then you'll be waiting as some item can't be gifted (Sleigh covers), some items are occasional such as the sleigh oil and the red paint. Both of my sleigh covers have come from Cypress flights

Old lanterns seem to collect an item about 1 in 5 uses. Definatly not worth spending 2 greens on. If you really want to buy get the Santa's Chest for 6 greens from the store. The packages from the store are always better value than buying individual items.

If anybody has other hints then please post them in this thread. Generally requests should be in the daily posts.

@Sgabor.
I have photos of items from the last 3 quests. Just need the photos for items before that.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
@Sgabor.
I have photos of items from the last 3 quests. Just need the photos for items before that.
I did not make any picture of items of last quest. Sorry...
I wrote down in my signature all items, i can send. There are actually more then usual, but gift list is changing all the time. This makes me confused...
Some items are same, some are changing all the time... :confused:

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Scooters Place
Question... Where does Santa put the 36+ passengers needed to fly his sleigh? I would think it would only fit one LARGE person and a small kid. I guess you could shove 3 people, at the most, into his ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom