Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Respectfully request someone allow you to be King for the week in Destinations

uhm, retroactive rules? There is a good reason why virtually every law system explicitly forbids that.

No law system gives any mention to rules in regard to a fan forum, except in some cases that revolve around actual threats. This is not property, a corporation, a job site etc. but even in those cases rules can be made retroactively in certain circumstances. So actually every law system may forbid such things in the proper circumstances or context, if you will but not explicitly. :sleep:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Agent_L
Any person who manages a forum such as this; Dave or Cosmic Blue does have the right to change the TOS, or rules as they see fit.
Just as I manage/admin a group on Facebook, I have the right to change rules and or guidelines accordingly.
We who manage have the right to call the shots and do not have to follow, 'The Letter of The Law.'
Of course they can! But just as I can't tell them to not make rules, you can't tell them to do make rules. And they haven't made a rule that's applicable here, have they?

And you're wrong in one thing here: we who have the right to call the shots are the ones most obligated to follow the rules we set.

@Agent_L ,I wanna ask you a quesion is one of your other names Ander_L because you remind me of him.
and rules are made for a reason,to be followed and keep if you don't like them well then you know what you can do
Nope, never heard of the guy. Do you have any particular trait in mind? ; )
Am I wrong or have we just established that there are no rules to follow - yet?
The only point I am willing to stress here is that rules need to be made, not made up.

No law system gives any mention to rules in regard to a fan forum, except in some cases that revolve around actual threats. This is not property, a corporation, a job site etc. but even in those cases rules can be made retroactively in certain circumstances. So actually every law system may forbid such things in the proper circumstances or context, if you will but not explicitly. :sleep:
Yeah, that's obvious. I never meant that article XYZ of Constitution of USA (or some other code) applies to a privately held message board.
The only thing I meant is that the very reasons are same everywhere. As long as you have fairness in mind, same principles apply.

D

Deleted member 5399

@Agent_L
Are there rules that apply here in forums?
@Dave @Cosmic Blue
Maybe one of you can clear up this matter.
Are there in fact or is there rules, regulations or a TOS agreement regarding the forum website?

D

Deleted member 5399

TY @Wired Parrott
Apparently paragraph 2 applies to my original post here.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@KenDuckySmith I don't think any of those were broken here.
If someone was hell-bent on stretching those rules, I am afraid it applies more to your post than to the private message you've received from that other person.
Your post is somewhat hateful and you are explicitly threatening him with reporting (not a credible threat IMHO, what I was trying to explain), while "back off" alone is just a request. An impolite one, but there is no rule against rudeness.

Plus, there was an indirect insinuation that admins of this forum may change the rules just to apply them retroactively, which more or less means "abuse power in unfairly way" - I would take that as an insult.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5399

@Agent_L Does this please you better sir?

Everyone knows this game can be fun, friendly and challenging.
The latter word brings me to my next words.
Often the events are challenging enough:trying to get from apprentice on up to expert, takes much effort as well.
However, it is and can be a very competitive game and may be more so quite soon; as I'm now receiving gifts from other platforms.
If you wish to vie for number 1 position in a destination, PM me and politely ask me to lay back a bit so you can have the Kings crown for the week.
And I will respectfully acknowledge that.

I am not going to argue where you are again incorrect. However, there was no indirect insinuation about admins of this forum. I stated a fact that could apply to any forum like this one which does not imply this forum does that. In any case I am pretty much done arguing with you as your modus operandi seems to be confrontational, condescending and at times quite rude. Kind of the things you say about others here. :whistle:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@KenDuckySmith It's not about pleasing me. It's about what rules are set on this board and whenever they've been broken or not. Maybe it's bad, maybe it's good, but the laws that apply to us rarely work as we feel they should, so it's important to carefully weight the situation before responding.

I personally think that the other guy was simply stupid. He wanted a favor from you, he had no leverage over you in order to force you into doing his bidding - and instead of being overly polite he went the opposite way. And he got opposite results.
But I also think you overreacted a bit. Sadly it's quite common when a victim of one offense overreacts and responds with bigger offense than the initial one. And he pays the price.

I still think that nothing bigger than impoliteness happened here : )

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I am not going to argue where you are again incorrect. However, there was no indirect insinuation about admins of this forum. I stated a fact that could apply to any forum like this one which does not imply this forum does that. In any case I am pretty much done arguing with you as your modus operandi seems to be confrontational, condescending and at times quite rude. Kind of the things you say about others here. :whistle:
I'm sorry if it looked that way. I never intended to. But I indeed understood that you and Ken are claiming that admins here are capable of doing that.
This entire thread begun as confrontational, and I guess we all subconsciously played along.
I would still like to hear your argumentation. I think I've made myself unclear at least once (eg when I was writing about reasons of laws while I think you understood it as if the laws themselves apply here). Maybe it's language barrier, English is not my primary one.

We do indeed have rules on the forum which the link was kindly posted further up.

Breaking it down to the lowest level, the majority of forums are private but open to the public. An admin can ban/delete users for any or no reason at all. Obiviously any admin that just banned members for the sake of it wouldn't have an active forum for very long! The "rules" are there to protect all members, and especially myself incase a member posts something libel which gets missed.

The rules are pretty bog standard, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a forum which has rules that vary greatly to any degree.

Dont forget you can report PM's using the "Report" button, or ignore/block members you dont want to hear from.

If memory serves me right, in the 4 years the forums been running we've only had to sanction one member that was promoting software that allows you to cheat in the game.

Top Bottom