Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Removing Facebook integration

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for code
Username
Notch Johnson
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove Facebook integration from AC Android?
I don't find the Facebook integration useful.
I have blocked the app from Facebook and changed my Facebook password.
Still AC is somehow getting my new profile picture.
I think is a major breach of privacy from GI.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for code
Username
Notch Johnson
I have no idea what ur talking about... I dont have any problems :)
I have let AC login to my Facebook account because it was one of the quests in the beginning (Share AC to your friends in Facebook or something like that)
It will also update your profile picture in AC from Facebook.

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
I have let AC login to my Facebook account because it was one of the quests in the beginning (Share AC to your friends in Facebook or something like that)
It will also update your profile picture in AC from Facebook.

ah yes
I have also now my facebook picture in AC now.
But no idea how to block it... Same as with the Tribez, if you log in with ur facebook or twitter, its posting all of ur progress on ur account o_O
Luckely i made a twitter account just for GI... and when i look at the account... allready more than 40 posts from GI on it :cautious:

Device
  1. Android
Same suggestion here! For GI games open up another FB account to get past the tasks. After that just ignore the account and your main account will not get spam from them.
I know this might be against FB rules but i dont care :D

groeting

GRALLIANCE
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
33AYCMMTX
Username
GRWIN
that's how you remove any app in FB:
1) Log in FB
2) Click on the arrow next to the tab 'Home'
3) Choose 'Account Settings'
4) On the right hand side, choose 'Apps'
5) Choose 'Edit' for the app you want to remove
6) Click on 'Remove App'

That should do it.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for code
Username
Notch Johnson
that's how you remove any app in FB:
1) Log in FB
2) Click on the arrow next to the tab 'Home'
3) Choose 'Account Settings'
4) On the right hand side, choose 'Apps'
5) Choose 'Edit' for the app you want to remove
6) Click on 'Remove App'

That should do it.
Thanks for trying to help, but I wasn't that clear in OP. I already did what you suggested and even blocked it from privacy settings.
I've sent GI a request to solve it.

groeting

GRALLIANCE
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
33AYCMMTX
Username
GRWIN
Thanks for trying to help, but I wasn't that clear in OP. I already did what you suggested and even blocked it from privacy settings.
I've sent GI a request to solve it.
ok, that does indeed suck, if you remove the app there, it shouldn't be possible to get an updated picture.

but I do wonder if the problem is with GI or with FB. when it comes to privacy, FB has already proven more than once that they suck big time.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
notch - Are you trying to prevent AC from posting messages to your FB account or are you trying to prevent FB from getting to your FB profile picture only?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for code
Username
Notch Johnson
tdv Just an update.

Got an update on my request from GI:
To stop posting your achievements to Facebook and Twitter uncheck the post to Facebook and Twitter boxes in the window which pops up when you level up or get an achievement.

Here is parts from my reply. I won't publish the screnshots publicly for privacy reasons:
Please read this paragraph from my original message:
"So far I have removed and blocked Airport City Mobile from Facebook and removed all history of it.
I have also removed integration of my Google account and Facebook as I suspected this might also give out my Facebook details.
Still the game keeps on changing the profile picture to the most recent one.
How is the game still accessing my data? I have explicitly blocked the game from accessing it.
I find this a breach of privacy from Game Insight."

Now also read this new paragraph:
So as stated before, my issue is not that AC is posting information to Facebook. I have already successfully removed that.
My issue is that despite blocking AC from Facebook, it is still updating my profile picture from Facebook?
So that means you probably have access to my other data as well.
How can this be? Where is my Facebook information stored. GI does not have the right to keep that kind of information.
I have even changed my Facebook password, so I really don't know how you are doing it.

I have now included two screenshots. One is from AC illustrating in point 1. The picture that keeps updating and 2. These grayed out boxes can't be unchecked.
NOTE: Don't get that hanged on to point 2. I know what you mean by unchecking the boxes from achievements. I just can't provide an screenshot of that because at lvl35 achievements don't come that often.
I can assure that I have unchecked those boxes. And it's not even the issue. The issue is at point 1, which you have missed to see.
Second screenshot is from Facebook which makes it clear that AC is blocked there. How can an app that is blocked still access my data?

*Snipped something related to another issue*

So would you please read my whole message this time and get back to me as soon as possible?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a1kcuxd
Username
Friso
The combination of the words 'privacy' and 'facebook' in one sentence makes me giggle :p If you want privacy, don't use facebook.. actually, don't use internet at all! It knows everything about you =D I hope you fixed it mate, but seriously I wouldn't bother so much about it, in-game you can only see a very small vague image.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
azqldw2
Username
.Shinobi273
I blocked AC in FB but haven't changed profile pic but I am guessing AC will have your issue as well. For the new mission, I can't complete it now for some reason. When I go to the neighbors menu to the friend codes tab, and try share your code to facebook I recieve the error: "An error occurred. Please try again later."

I have gone to FB to try unblock AC but it isn't even listed.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for code
Username
Notch Johnson
After three weeks GI gladly announced that my issue is fixed in the latest version of AC (is 1.73 it?)
It would have been fast to push an update in three weeks based on perhaps a single request.
Sadly it didn't work.
Waiting for the next update. :)

Top Bottom