Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Quest Item nightmares

Evening all

I have this issue perennially, where I am on a quest (such as currently, Santa’s Bad Mood), the required items in each collection just... won’t... drop. It’s a massive ball ache and it can go on for ten days+ - in other words a whole quest. As you can see in the screenshot, both the conveyor belt and Polar Bear are nowhere to be seen, despite the others dropping. And dropping. And you guessed it... dropping.
Does anyone know how to make them drop? It’s beaten me so many times now. Should I fly specific planes for specific drops, for instance? Add certain charms? Sacrifice a goat or something??

help, please!!!!
7D7B4899-9C3D-4CEA-96CD-5AAFA41057BE.png

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
For the items that drop from Flights (Into the White collection): use Spy Glass / Bowl of Riches.

For the items that drop from buildings/entities around cities (Green Belt and Let It Snow collections): just keep clicking the buildings/snowdrifts, you can also put timer if you wish.

In addition, I don’t collect them if I don’t have enough collection to finish the event. I’ll save them for next year. Except of course the collection that drops Snow Melting Facility, since I need 6 of those to increase the chance for Snowball drops.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03fie2elv
Username
vino_vixen80
For the items that drop from Flights (Into the White collection): use Spy Glass / Bowl of Riches.

For the items that drop from buildings/entities around cities (Green Belt and Let It Snow collections): just keep clicking the buildings/snowdrifts, you can also put timer if you wish.

In addition, I don’t collect them if I don’t have enough collection to finish the event. I’ll save them for next year. Except of course the collection that drops Snow Melting Facility, since I need 6 of those to increase the chance for Snowball drops.
Hey!
At what point should I activate the bowl of riches for flights? As they are taking off or when they are due to land?
thank you
Deb

Evening all

I have this issue perennially, where I am on a quest (such as currently, Santa’s Bad Mood), the required items in each collection just... won’t... drop. It’s a massive ball ache and it can go on for ten days+ - in other words a whole quest. As you can see in the screenshot, both the conveyor belt and Polar Bear are nowhere to be seen, despite the others dropping. And dropping. And you guessed it... dropping.
Does anyone know how to make them drop? It’s beaten me so many times now. Should I fly specific planes for specific drops, for instance? Add certain charms? Sacrifice a goat or something??

help, please!!!!View attachment 23667
Same boat! It says 11 but thats last year! Still need 4 collections.

90BE3DF5-4B1A-4017-9746-7ADE07E54A02.jpeg

D

Deleted member 9675

Herein lies a major problem. It's called possible revenue for GI.
I have some smaller/lower level support games; games which also are taking part in the event. What I see happening are neighbors quitting, I just went through my support games and on avg, 15-20 losses. That is a good percentage seeing as I have less than 200 neighbors to begin with.
And these are players who have visited my airports regularly since the last 1 or two events. These are people who send me fuel and other needed items.
With the very, very, very, so very, rare drops either from destinations or snow removal facilities, these people are frustrated and quit.

That isn't a good sign, especially when it is Christmas time around the world, the economics of most nations struggling to make ends meet, feed their children, afford medicines, clothing and other needs, and try to afford presents for their families.
They do not have the luxury of buying some 29.99 building that puts out one item every 4 hours or spend 18-20 greens, which again cost real money, in the game on some chest with random items.

I would really like to know what numbers of losses other players are seeing on their neighbor lists. I know many of us here are well above level 50, many maxxed out at 80, and don't have space on the list for newcomers, but I have watched so, so many people just give up, despite the intro of V7.

GI, you have made the game with better graphics, new destinations, events even, but it still is not enough to keep everyone onboard.

Cap'n Eddie

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20866irh
Username
Capn Eddie
Evening all

help, please!!!!View attachment 23667
I completely sympathize. The drop rates for this event are dismal, especially the snow melting buildings. First you have to get the stuff to build them (don't hold your breath), then you have to wait for 2 hours for it to give you nothing. Having to use enhancements to increase the drop rate just compounds the problem (unless you happen to have a ready supply on hand - which I don't), because you need drops from other buildings/planes to get them. Woe is me. :(

D

Deleted member 9675

Drop rates from planes overall seem to have declined. What once was that common items such as additional radars,(canary islands), landing lamps,(Turkey) and strobelights.(Nice); those and others almost always dropped each time. They've been almost as elusive as the event items

Drop rates from planes overall seem to have declined. What once was that common items such as additional radars,(canary islands), landing lamps,(Turkey) and strobelights.(Nice); those and others almost always dropped each time. They've been almost as elusive as the event items
I think I have noticed the same. “Often” used to mean “darned near always”. Not anymore.

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
If you haven’t collected the collections you have good head start for next time!
I did collect them unfortunately. I was wondering how everyone saved up for events for the next time. I have really bad OCD when it comes to the exclamation points being there and don't think I could stand to have it there for a year :ROFLMAO:

I did collect them unfortunately. I was wondering how everyone saved up for events for the next time. I have really bad OCD when it comes to the exclamation points being there and don't think I could stand to have it there for a year :ROFLMAO:
😂 I had the same reaction towards those exclamations marks but after a while you won’t notice them, I guarantee

Device
  1. Android
Same boat! It says 11 but thats last year! Still need 4 collections.

View attachment 23717

Similar here, i got 20-14-11-9-6.
Even I applied spy glass and bowl of rices, nothing dropped.
After the spy glass/bowl of rices expired, some drops but always not the snowy owl i want.

I decided to give up.
Last night I woke up at 4.50 AM, I remembered that the event will be over in 10minutes (5.00AM my time),
so i decided to give the final chance.
I was extremely lucky that the 6 buildings gave me exactly 1 snowy owl. Eventually I made it!

Similar here, i got 20-14-11-9-6.
Even I applied spy glass and bowl of rices, nothing dropped.
After the spy glass/bowl of rices expired, some drops but always not the snowy owl i want.

I decided to give up.
Last night I woke up at 4.50 AM, I remembered that the event will be over in 10minutes (5.00AM my time),
so i decided to give the final chance.
I was extremely lucky that the 6 buildings gave me exactly 1 snowy owl. Eventually I made it!
Bowl of riches and spyglass are flights only, so no surprise it messed up globe drops. Glad you got the last one!

Top Bottom